!!!!BENGALS @ TEXANS PLAYOFF GAME THREAD!!!!

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' timestamp='1325984150' post='1086411']
Is it unprecedented for a third-string rookie QB to lead his team to a playoff win and have that win be only the third of his career? I would have to think that has never happened.

By the way, Yates has three wins in his NFL career, and two have come against the Bengals. Nice.
[/quote]

#winning

[quote name='BeatPurdue' timestamp='1325984313' post='1086421']

Just don't know if I agree with this. We have some big holes on this team. We have no RB's, our S's are weak and we were playing without our best D player in Hall. We also need help at G.

Fill those holes and let's see how it shakes out.
[/quote]

Our guards are far worse than our RBs, but they may all need replacing anyway.

They got their asses kicked the last 20 minutes of the game.

Sucks to end the season that way.

I feel like I've been gutted.

That play JJ Watt made was the turning point.

And one positive is I hope that was the last time I see Chris Crocker play for the Bengals.

[quote name='8675309' timestamp='1325983985' post='1086401']

Pretty certain he said the money was about the same, but he felt like houston was more ready to win.
[/quote]

let's not try to rewrite history, damnit. houston offered him more money and a better contract. did other outside factors also play into the situation? sure, that's possibly with the flux the team was in at the time. but if you hope to resign your own player in FA, you can't offer him a contract that's lower than someone else is offering him. and that doesn't EVEN address the franchising aspect of the JJ situation. we could have locked him up and taken houston totally out of the issue, but chose not to.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1325984600' post='1086446']
They got their asses kicked the last 20 minutes of the game.

Sucks to end the season that way.

I feel like I've been gutted.

That play JJ Watt made was the turning point.

And one positive is I hope that was the last time I see Chris Crocker play for the Bengals.
[/quote]

1st round CB. Slide Nate back to S. Return of Leon Hall, resign Pacman. Hall-Nelson-Clements-Rookie as your starters and Pac as a nickelback. Sounds good to me.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1325984624' post='1086449']

let's not try to rewrite history, damnit. houston offered him more money and a better contract. did other outside factors also play into the situation? sure, that's possibly with the flux the team was in at the time. but if you hope to resign your own player in FA, you can't offer him a contract that's lower than someone else is offering him. and that doesn't EVEN address the franchising aspect of the JJ situation. we could have locked him up and taken houston totally out of the issue, but chose not to.
[/quote]

Sorry, but that's what he said.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1325984854' post='1086465']
I actually enjoyed seeing J Joseph having success. I think it was a mistake to let him go. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
[/quote]

I respect you, but this is not a good time to come to our "home" and talk about how well the other team played.

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1325979041' post='1086027']
Yes, i don't think Dalton is rattled at all.
[/quote]

on the whole, I thought Dalton played a very good game. Sure his stats show 3 INT's, but one was him trying to keep a 4th and 3 alive, and the other was a freak play by Watt. Only the 3rd was really a mistake.

It's a shame the oline played like crap today. A better performance by them and I think Dalton could have pulled it out.

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' timestamp='1325984965' post='1086470']

I respect you, but this is not a good time to come to our "home" and talk about how well the other team played.
[/quote]

This has nothing to do about the other team. This has to do with me respecting someone that was a Bengal when I knew him, and I am happy to see "HIM" have success. I am happy that HE has had a great year. I don't care about his team.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1325984624' post='1086449']

[/quote]

Bengaled is right, that is what JJ said, let's not just assume everyone leaves because MB wouldn't pay them. Now if you have a source that says different please let us know.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1325984854' post='1086465']
I actually enjoyed seeing J Joseph having success. I think it was a mistake to let him go. And that's all I'm going to say about that.
[/quote]
It wasn't a mistake, MB just didn't want to open up the purse strings......oh same thing really......yes it was a mistake.....I've just come to the same conclusion!

get real with the marvin talk. the PLAYERS make the plays and havent all year in the big games. time to regroup, get some nice draft pick, some quality free agent pick ups and come back next year better than ever. this team has exceeded everyone's expectations and are still young and will get better with more experience.

[quote name='8675309' timestamp='1325983985' post='1086401']

Pretty certain he said the money was about the same, but he felt like houston was more ready to win.
[/quote]
I'm going off what the announcer said about Joseph saying the bengals wouldn't match the guaranteed money so he left.

If that is true that should be unacceptable, but it is mike brown so I'm not surprised at all.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1325985055' post='1086473']

This has nothing to do about the other team. This has to do with me respecting someone that was a Bengal when I knew him, and I am happy to see "HIM" have success. I am happy that HE has had a great year. I don't care about his team.
[/quote]

How often do you even come here? are you even a Bengals fan? It's just really bad timing, I for one am not happy for ANY player on the Texans, ex-bengal or not.

[quote name='RayDoggBengal' timestamp='1325985060' post='1086474']

Bengaled is right, that is what JJ said, let's not just assume everyone leaves because MB wouldn't pay them. Now if you have a source that says different please let us know.
[/quote]

I think you meant me RDB.

[quote name='BengalSIS' timestamp='1325985055' post='1086473']

[/quote]
So how bout you prance on over to the Texans board?

Archived