!!!THE 1ST ROUND OF THE 2012 NFL DRAFT THREAD!!!

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1335499626' post='1123353']
Collins has started 18 games in 4 seasons. Were they quality starts? Were they starts that would be better than that of Glenn? You are crazy to compare Whitworth and Collins and to use use the word dominant with Collins is hysterical. The Bengals don't have to draft a Smith replacement this year, they can next year.
[/quote]

Oh shut your trap, I said nothing of the sort.

IF Andre leaves, Collins could fill in competently, as he has eighteen times before. SInce I don't see him leaving, its hardly a thing to worry about this year, when we have bigger fish to fry.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1335499315' post='1123344']

Collins has started quite a few games, with Andre being hurt so much. He has shown that he is fine as depth if not dominant.

If we are worried about Andre Insurance, we could do like we did with Whit and draft a T in round three. Since we have an extra one now.
[/quote]

Ok then what the hell is this statement?

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1335496241' post='1123213']
Hey bro. Turbin fucking sucks.
[/quote]

He's rushed for the same amount of yards in the NFL as every other RB in the draft. AKA, how the fuck do you know?

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1335498677' post='1123325']25 names who have been mentioned as posible second rounders that would improve the Bengals options if taken in the first 20 picks tomorrow:

Cordy Glenn (G/T) Georgia
Peter Konz (C/G) Wisconsin
Jonathan Martin (OT) Stanford
Mike Adams (OT) Ohio St
Brandon Brooks (OG) Miami (OH)
Amin Siatolu (OG) Midwestern St
Bobbie Massie (OT) Mississippi
Kelechi Osemele (G/T) Iowa St.
Zebrie Sanders (OT) Florida St.
Jeff Allen (G/T) Illinois
Mitchell Schwartz (OT) Cal
James Brown (OG) Troy
Donald stephenson (OT) Oklahoma
Ryan Miller (OT) Colorado
Phillip Blake (C) Baylor
Brandon Washington (OG) Miami (FL)
Janoris Jenkins (CB) No. Alabama
Alonzo Dennard (CB) Nebraska
Jamell Fleming (CB) Oklahoma
Jayron Hosley (CB) Va Tech
Wade Trevin (CB) Arizona
Chase Minniefield (CB) Virginia
Josh Robinson (CB) Central Florida
Brandon Boykin (CB) Georgia[/quote]

Dennard will not go in 2.

[quote name='BlackJesus' timestamp='1335498539' post='1123320']

[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/2011/DraftPrayer12.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Not sure how you turned into Frankenberry, but:

[img]http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/226731.jpg[/img]

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1335497361' post='1123270']

have you ever been to gators, in madiera beach? i vacation there all the time. actually went fishing last spring with the owner, syd, and had a great time. he's a real card.
[/quote]

I have only lived in the Tampa Bay area for
1 year. Madeira is around 20 mins from me though. The fishing here is great! Still looking for a Bengals Bar down this way!

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1335499143' post='1123336']
Didn't we sign Collins back? For two years? Who was the backup C? BPA at a position of need.
[/quote]

kenny, can't wharton and boling both play center? i was thinking i had heard that before.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1335502803' post='1123424']

Hey, we aren't the Cleveland GM.
[/quote]
Ahhh, my smiley didn't make it on there.
Although our 5ths are so low it really doesn't help move us up in the 2nd round much. If I remember correctly, they were worth like 25 points each.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1335502830' post='1123425']

kenny, can't wharton and boling both play center? i was thinking i had heard that before.
[/quote]
Boling played every o-line position at GA except C. According to Alexander,at the time of the Wharton signing, his other position is T.

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335499378' post='1123345']

What do you think of the Zeitler pick Big Ed?
[/quote]

i'm a helluva lot more excited about him than what's currently on our lineup! i hope they can get him up to speed in time for the first game, because we have a dire need at the RG position. good run blocker, but needs some work in his pass sets. i think we could have done better, but i'm enthusiastic about what the extra pick might add. zeitler will allow us to run the ball, and that was my main concern, because our rushing offense has been pathetic. if he can truly snap the ball, as they say, that might open additional opportunities we aren't looking at right now. bottom line...he'll work!

[/quote]
I thought they said that about Wharton. Boling played pretty much everywhere but C in college if I remember correctly.

[quote name='NASTYNATI' timestamp='1335501521' post='1123408']
I have only lived in the Tampa Bay area for
1 year. Madeira is around 20 mins from me though. The fishing here is great! Still looking for a Bengals Bar down this way!
[/quote]

i can't lend any help in that area, still hunting, but there are always places that are willing to put the game on for you on sundays (gators being one of them). only problem being, i usually watch them by myself, but that's really ok too! i find that tampa fans and bengal fans are somewhat kindred spirits, having experienced a lot of the same heartbreaks, lol. i've seen worse, no doubt about that!

you're right about the fishing, that's one of the big magnets that draws me to the area. maybe we can pound a few the next time i'm down that way, especially if it's football season!

Yeah, but we have plenty of Tackle backups. We don't have a single Center backup on the team. Paul Anderson said it in his interview, "Who's going to backup our Center?" So while Glenn may have had some Tackle versatility, our more pressing need was for a RG who had Center versatility. FWIW, Alexander also thinks he'd project to a "top level" pro center...

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1335499272' post='1123341']

Shouldnt you have known we were taking Zeitler over Glenn for like 3 months now?
[/quote]

:lol:

listening to alexander last night it was clear they wanted to find a guy who could backup center. They've already got a backup tackle.

I also expect them to take a guy later to replace Roland.

[/quote]

boling was the backup center last year. worked at it in practice, but don't think he has any game experience.

not sure about wharton, but he can play both guard spots and LT.

Archived