2012 Opponents Thread

[quote name='fluhartz' timestamp='1354024468' post='1185465']
obviously for the bolded....

and watching the Eagles last night, I really am not too worried about them(although I always worry a little no matter who it is)... Their defense is freaking pathetic...
It is a road game though, so you never know... But both sides from last night are bad teams...
[/quote]

I think the Eagles would rather be on the road than in front of their own fans right now.

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
[url="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora"][b]Jason La Canfora[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]JasonLaCanfora[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Steelers expect to be without starting tackle Mike Adams for a significant period of time with a high ankle sprain[/background][/font][/color]

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354034136' post='1185573']

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)][url="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora"][b]Jason La Canfora[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]JasonLaCanfora[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Steelers expect to be without starting tackle Mike Adams for a significant period of time with a high ankle sprain[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Addition by subtraction there.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354034136' post='1185573']
[url="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora"][b]Jason La Canfora[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]JasonLaCanfora[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Steelers expect to be without starting tackle Mike Adams for a significant period of time with a high ankle sprain[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]
That sucks !

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1354039230' post='1185615']
DJax out for the season according to PFT. Good for us, even though he hasn't done squat this year.

If we can get to that game sans Vick, McCoy, and Fletcher, we will be lucking out.
[/quote]

I want the full measure of our team. I don't want to win because the other team was without their talent. If we are ever going to win a Super Bowl we need to beat a good team that is healthy.

Got to start by beating average and bad teams healthy.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1354040109' post='1185625']
I want the full measure of our team. I don't want to win because the other team was without their talent. If we are ever going to win a Super Bowl we need to beat a good team that is healthy.

[/quote]

You mean like the Giants?

And I don't think the Eagles are a good team, healthy or not.

[/quote]

I agree with the sentiment, but we really cant help who we play and what strength they are at either.

[/quote]

While i respect this in theory, nobody was saying shit to apologize for the Bengals being banged up all season long until coincidentally about 4 games ago(You think that might have had something to do with them looking so much better?). It goes both ways. The packers won the Super Bowl w/ 15 player in IR! Its the NFL. You have to win the games that are on your schedule no matter who is out there. Just ask the nine teams that lost to the Bengals last year w/ a rookie second rounder at the helm. Just ask the Bengals who lost to the texans starting a rookie 4th rounder at quarterback....twice!! Its why the games are played. The Bengals have come out and dominated the last three games because they simply didnt give a flying F who they were playing. I agree things get are much easier w/o vick, jackson, and mccoy, but lets be honest, they werent even close to setting the world a blaze w/ them on the field.

I'm just tired of the attitude of "I hope so and so is hurt so we can win the game". To get where I want this team to be we need to beat teams that are "healthy" (at least relatively speaking in week 12 of an NFL season).

I want to get to the point where we can beat the Pats with Brady, and Pissburgh with Jen.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1354045057' post='1185680']
I'm just tired of the attitude of "I hope so and so is hurt so we can win the game". To get where I want this team to be we need to beat teams that are "healthy" (at least relatively speaking in week 12 of an NFL season).

[color=#ff0000]I want to get to the point where we can beat the Pats with Brady, and Pissburgh with Jen.[/color]
[/quote]

Me too, but I don't think we are there yet, right now I think were pushing to be a playoff team and if we get in might win a game, but I'd be surprised if its much more than that this year.

I want to get to the point where we can beat the Pats with Brady, and Pissburgh with Jen.
[/quote]

I agree and can get on board with that. But, i think for the longest time it was about system and scheme. In the past month, the Bengals have seemed to flip the script on the rest of the cats in this league instead of it being flipped on them. I dont know if its Sanu, Gresham's dominant play, too much attention to Aj, not sure. All i know is that they are dictating what is going on in this league and definitely are taking a more proactiv approach it seems. And on defense, what can be said. They have been arguably the most dominant defense in football the past three weeks regardless of opponent, one of which in the Giants that have ability to hang a 38 spot(like they did against the Packers) before you can blink. They just look like they are calling the shots. We are going to find out REAL soon if that trends continues.

its getting ugly in Philly. They just cut Jason Babin

[url="https://twitter.com/ProFootballWkly"][b]Pro Football Weekly[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]ProFootballWkly[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Babin had 18 sacks last season, 5.5 so far this year. Andy Reid said the release gives [url="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Eagles&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]Eagles[/b][/url] chance to play younger D-line players.[/background][/font][/color]

[/quote]

That's no different than people here making pre-season predictions based on strength of schedule. People looking forward to having an easy schedule or dreading a hard one. If the Bengals have a really good team, it doesn't matter who they play. If you're banking on an easy schedule to get in the play-offs, don't expect them to get too far when they get there. They'll have to beat good teams eventually.

[url="https://twitter.com/wingoz"][b]trey wingo[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]wingoz[/b][/size][/url][/background][/font][/color][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
The release of Jason Babin by the Eagles the beginning of essentially a change of the nuclear winter variety in Philadelphia.[url="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23gettinblownup&src=hash"][s]#[/s][b]gettinblownup[/b][/url][/background][/font][/color]

Babin blows ass. He sucked his entire career, was over drafted. Finally had a good season on the opposite side of Trent Cole who has been legit good for 5+ years. If ever there was a case of a guy with 18 sacks who didn't earn 10 of em...its Babin. No thanks.

I'm loving the Philly Meltdown getting all their local media here. Can't wait for the coming weeks as this shit blows up.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1354024875' post='1185467']

I think the Eagles would rather be on the road than in front of their own fans right now.
[/quote]

I think that a lot of their fans may show up to watch AJ, just like in the Bengals dark years, if not even currently, opposing players like Peyton Manning would sell more tickets here. It was a sign of the Bengals re-emerging when the radio ads for the games would mention Bengals players instead of opposing players. Am I pre-mature to give AJ that star power?

[quote name='Le Tigre' timestamp='1354113868' post='1185920']

So has Mendenhall. And they may try and force Ribby McOneArm back in this week.
[/quote]

I can almost guarantee that if Riblessberger plays this week against the Ravens that he will be worse off physically by the end of the game. I don't see the stealers taking that chance especially with their already dangerous OL being shifted around again this week. If they're smart, they will concede this week's game and look toward the home stretch.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1354110241' post='1185908']
man, Mike Wallace has basically lost his starting job in PIttsburgh.
[/quote]
eh, i doubt it. I know what the depth chart says and there is no doubt they are frustrated w/ his play, but i think they are frustrated w/ everyone's play on the offensive side of the ball. Once Ben gets back(which i hope is a very long time from now) he will be fine.

About the Eagles shit show...thought I'd [url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=62014&#entry1074938"]bump this[/url] because I'm bored today. That plane crash could be seen a mile away. Unfortunately we need to replace our fence so I wasn't planning on getting tickets to this game, but I'm really tempted now. Tickets have to be easy to come by these days!

Archived