The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Denver Broncos

The Good
Outside of the pick, which I would aruge was forced because he was put into the position of trying to do too much, Dalton had a good game
Gresham
AJ
Sanu
Newman's Ints
Run D for most of the game
Tate's returns

The Bad
Not being aggressive on D after getting the lead
That Onsides kick, wtf was that? Trying to be too cute.

The Ugly
Both Oline and Dline - No passrush AT ALL, and both Whit and Faine cost us the game imo

Good: Zeitler, AJ, Lamur's first game, run d and the secondary. That's right, the secondary played well considering how long they had to cover guys. BJGE and Andy did ok today.

Bad: everything else except,

Ugly: Pass rush.

Good
- Dalton played well overall... Made a number of plays when out of the pocket
- AJ
- Tate returns
- Gresham other than a bad drop
- Run D in 1-3Q
- Newman IINTs

Ugly
- 3rd down conversion on both sides of the ball - too low on O, too high on D
- pass protection, probably the worst all year
- pass rush all game... There was none
- run D in 4Q
- Nugent miss at end of half and onsides kick attempt
- record setting KO return for opponent - Terrible

The good

I didn't buy a ticket to this game
Lamur
Vinny Rey stepped up when given the chance today
Tate's 2 returns

The Bad

The running game
Pass protection
For the first time I can say I don't think Gruden called a good game

The Ugly

Special teams coverage, and Simmons coaching
Zimmer very rarely called a blitz, and most of the time it was a run blitz
Jamie started this thread
The Bengals inability to get inside Manning's head
The #1 ranked team in the NFL in sacks couldn't get a single sack on Manning, who is about as fast as a turtle with a torn ACL.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1352065294' post='1177518']
- Gresham other than a bad drop
[/quote]

I think part of his troubles is spinning around quick enough. The one today, and another (I think the pittsburgh game), were on him as soon as he spun around. One of the drawbacks I suppose on having a QB with great anticipation.

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1352065394' post='1177520']
Ugly - everything when it counts
[/quote]

I think that's a lot of it... When they need a stop on D, it doesn't happen. When they need a play on offense. It doesn't get made... Or it does, and there's a penalty.

I was really disappointed with the DL, especially today. No one got any pressure... Dunlap, MJ, Geno. They played the run well for much of the game... Again, until they needed to step up in the 4th quarter. Frustrating.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1352065488' post='1177522']

I think part of his troubles is spinning around quick enough. The one today, and another (I think the pittsburgh game), were on him as soon as he spun around. One of the drawbacks I suppose on having a QB with great anticipation.
[/quote]

Maybe, but c'mon, they practice that stuff. No excuses... He needs to catch it. You don't think Manning and Decker practice that end zone play/catch? Great catch, yes, but that's what practice is for.

Just poor concentration by Gresham, IMO. Happens too often for my tastes.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1352066671' post='1177528']
Maybe, but c'mon, they practice that stuff. No excuses... He needs to catch it. You don't think Manning and Decker practice that end zone play/catch? Great catch, yes, but that's what practice is for.

Just poor concentration by Gresham, IMO. Happens too often for my tastes.
[/quote]

oh I'm not saying he shouldn't catch it. Like I said, he needs to spin around quicker. I'm just saying I think a couple of them get on him before he can spin around and get his eyes focused on them.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1352066848' post='1177529']
Considering there was zero pass rush, the pass D did a decent job.

I think the Bengsls showed they can compete with any team in the league but just can't find ways to win or close out a game.
[/quote]

the frustrating part is they aren't playing up to their talent level.

Ugly: Rey Maualuga is a bonehead. Ok he hasn't been as bad as at the start of the season and that isn't saying much. He still has no instincts or savvy to even be playing MLB. Most of all, his leadership skills in a crisis suck - hence our D gives up after getting a lead. If it was Ray Lewis, he would make sure the D raises the bar to see out the win.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1352066848' post='1177529']
Considering there was zero pass rush, the pass D did a decent job.

I think the Bengsls showed they can compete with any team in the league but just can't find ways to win or close out a game.
[/quote]
Hey BigDawg did you see what Andrew Luck did today ? Rookie record 433 yards passing. 2 td's no ints. And they won again.

Archived