31 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for tomorrow

• Obama
    • Romney
    • Other
    • Not Voting

This poll is closed to new votes

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1352260592' post='1178360']
They are separated by like 16,000 votes right now. Seems pretty close to me.
[/quote]

Yeah but not sure what channel you are watching, but CNN (i know they tend to be more liberal) makes it sound like the majority of the votes that havent been reported yet are coming from counties that are big democratic counties such as Miami Dade.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352262396' post='1178368']
I love how only 69% votes are in and there is only like less that 50,000 vote difference, they can call a winner. Is that not odd to others?
[/quote]

A lot has to do with what counties have reported. If all the Republicn counties have reported then they know it is impossible for the Republicn to win.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1352262521' post='1178371']
A lot has to do with what counties have reported. If all the Republicn counties have reported then they know it is impossible for the Republicn to win.
[/quote]

As well as the population of the counties that still have to report.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352262697' post='1178373']
Now we'll listen to weeks of people talking about how the system is flawed because Romney could win the overall vote, but lose the electoral college. Is the electoral college flawed?
[/quote]

Just my opinion but the electoral is out dated and could use a change but it will never get changed.

I don't understand what all the liberals on this board, have against Fox News. I've been watching it, and they sound quite in favor of Obama. They just said that voters were behind Obama on unemployment even though the unemployment rate is the same if not higher than when he took office. It goes on to point out that Bush's legacy has lingered and voters are still blaming him for the unemployment, and think the economy is starting to turn around again under Obama.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1352262948' post='1178375']
Just my opinion but the electoral is out dated and could use a change but it will never get changed.
[/quote]

Yes, it's actually quite silly, because even the members of the electoral college can vote for whomever they want.

[b]Now they are saying the gap between Romney and Obama in Ohio is less than 10,000 votes.[/b]

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1352262948' post='1178375']
[/quote]

Disagree, I think it's important to getting the candidates out to the rural areas.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1352263347' post='1178380']
Disagree, I think it's important to getting the candidates out to the rural areas.
[/quote]

The problem will always be, the electoral college gives a ladder of importance that puts states with a low number of electoral college votes at the bottom. In the same token, candidates are under time constraints and have to pick and choose the best parts of a state to visit, which is near the largest populated areas. It's always going to be that way, you are very rarely going to see candidates holding rallies in very rural areas unless it has something to do with jobs or lifestyles that fit are a large part of the election.

Archived