31 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you voting for tomorrow

• Obama
    • Romney
    • Other
    • Not Voting

This poll is closed to new votes

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1352343976' post='1178595']
You don't understand what it means for an entire race that has been shit upon for centuries to now have a black man as president.
[/quote]

Yeah, I feel a lot better that Obama is President now. It makes up for all the slaves I used to have last year.

Last time I checked, slavery was abolished in 1865. This is 2012, almost 2013. No one alive today was a slave, no one's parent's alive today was a slave, and more than likely no one's grandparents that are alive today were slaves. Most African Americans alive today remember the racially divided south, and it's "Whites Only" practices. That would be like me saying because I am part Native American, actually more than you know, I have a right to be angry the rest of my life because the trail of tears and how the white man stole my land for beads. Arguing things like this is silly. Wake me up when people stop being hypocritical. Don't tell me one minute we need to step as Americans and vote for the best man for the job, then with your next breath tell me it's ok for African American's to vote for Obama just because he is black. Go somewhere else with that crap.

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352344612' post='1178597']
Yeah, I feel a lot better that Obama is President now. It makes up for all the slaves I used to have last year.

Last time I checked, slavery was abolished in 1865. This is 2012, almost 2013. No one alive today was a slave, no one's parent's alive today was a slave, and more than likely no one's grandparents that are alive today were slaves. Most African Americans alive today remember the racially divided south, and it's "Whites Only" practices. [b]That would be like me saying because I am 1/3 Native American, [/b]actually more than you know, I have a right to be angry the rest of my life because the trail of tears and how the white man stole my land for beads. Arguing things like this is silly. Wake me up when people stop being hypocritical. Don't tell me one minute we need to step as Americans and vote for the best man for the job, then with your next breath tell me it's ok for African American's to vote for Obama just because he is black. Go somewhere else with that crap.
[/quote]

Last time I checked, slavery was abolished in 1865. This is 2012, almost 2013. No one alive today was a slave, no one's parent's alive today was a slave, and more than likely no one's grandparents that are alive today were slaves. Most African Americans alive today remember the racially divided south, and it's "Whites Only" practices. That would be like me saying because I am part Native American, actually more than you know, I have a right to be angry the rest of my life because the trail of tears and how the white man stole my land for beads. Arguing things like this is silly. Wake me up when people stop being hypocritical. Don't tell me one minute we need to step as Americans and vote for the best man for the job, then with your next breath tell me it's ok for African American's to vote for Obama just because he is black. Go somewhere else with that crap.
[/quote]

It's not about being angry. It's about having a legitimate place of leadership and feeling like you are an equal.

[/quote]

Then stop being a hypocrite. I don't see you upset that millions of white people didn't vote for Obama simply because of the color of his skin.

There are many poor white people on government assistance that voted for a man who called them lazy and entitled because the other option was a black guy with a funny sounding name.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1352389753' post='1178633']
Then stop being a hypocrite. I don't see you upset that millions of white people didn't vote for Obama simply because of the color of his skin.

There are many poor white people on government assistance that voted for a man who called them lazy and entitled because the other option was a black guy with a funny sounding name.
[/quote]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79wUEqBdQc[/media]

It's easy to make generalizations.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352390105' post='1178634']

It's easy to make generalizations.
[/quote]

I know, however when Romney and Ryan call 47% of the US population lazy and entitled. When they say they will end govt assistance programs like Food Stamps, Social Security, Medicade, and Medicare but still get more votes than Obama in states like Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, etc..where the majority of the people who live in those states are on these govt assistance programs and then you consider the history of the people who live in these states in stops being a generalization.

Those states carry the highest poverty rates but a "majority" of their population is not on federal assistance; the Romney campaign never claimed to want to end all of those entitlements; you're making a mountain out of a molehill out of the race issue. This would be like me claiming all poor urban people voted for Obama because they want free cell phones like the folks in the video.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1352390105' post='1178634']
[/quote]
Why are they called Obama phones? [url="http://transition.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Common_Carrier/Reports/FCC-State_Link/Monitor/mr98-2.pdf"]Shouldn't they be Ronnie phones?[/url]

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1352389753' post='1178633']

[/quote]

I don't know why anyone gave you a +1 for this post. Romney won 59% of the white vote, which is a far cry to the 98% of the black vote Obama won. So Romney won just over half and all of a sudden I'm a hypocrite? Maybe you should look at the facts before you call someone out on their's. Whomever gave you a point for your post, which I would probably say was Weston, need to read a little more.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1352393093' post='1178645']
I know, however when Romney and Ryan call 47% of the US population lazy and entitled. When they say they will end govt assistance programs like Food Stamps, Social Security, Medicade, and Medicare but still get more votes than Obama in states like Kentucky, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, etc..where the majority of the people who live in those states are on these govt assistance programs and then you consider the history of the people who live in these states in stops being a generalization.
[/quote]

I know this because I live here, but despite how you view the population of Kentucky, they are very Republican. If you look at the local government in most counties you will see the majority of them are republican. By the way, Kentucky isn't a state, it's a Commonwealth, like Virginia, Massachusetts, and Pennsylvania. People in Kentucky don't have to worry about losing all their social programs because of Romney, Rand Paul lives in Kentucky is trying his damnedest to get rid of them.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1352230889' post='1178237']
Voted.

[img]http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j342/bengalbacker/RMNYdance.gif[/img]
[/quote]

[img]http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/obama-thrust.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retiredgirlsclub.com/_RefFiles/obama-shake.gif[/img] [img]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/3584210_o.gif[/img]

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1352344025' post='1178596']
Whoa, 2 out 3.

Easy there Himmler...
[/quote]

????Himmler??? really???
Let me put it to you in simpler terms, the entitlement crowd has no racial bounds, all races are equally represented, but Lewdog asked why the majority of the state went red but the counties around the cities went blue. The simple fact is the entitlement crowd live overwhelmingly around the cities in Ohio and they vote 90% Dem. If you want free stuff you vote for the party that gives you free stuff. Nothing racial there just a fact of life

[quote name='cnbengal' timestamp='1352417639' post='1178773']
????Himmler??? really???
Let me put it to you in simpler terms, the entitlement crowd has no racial bounds, all races are equally represented, but Lewdog asked why the majority of the state went red but the counties around the cities went blue. The simple fact is the entitlement crowd live overwhelmingly around the cities in Ohio and they vote 90% Dem. If you want free stuff you vote for the party that gives you free stuff. Nothing racial there just a fact of life
[/quote]

That's the rub, a commonwealth like Kentucky is almost ALWAYS Republican, despite the fact is among the worst states/commonwealths in the country for unemployment and receiving social programs. Some might say it's just because the state is full of assbackwards hillbillies that don't know better, or it could be they are happy with all the stuff they get from the state government that they vote for the Republican because they know he won't bother their way of life. Then again it could have something to do with the number of rich people who sneak into Kentucky and buy up all the land, and the fact the a large part of Kentucky's staples is tobacco and liquor. I don't know.

????Himmler??? really???
[/quote]

To be fair, I think Elflocko meant Goebbels.

????Himmler??? really???
[/quote]

That's the biggest bunch of bullshit I think I've ever read on this site. People vote democratic because they believe in giving people opportunities. They believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness no matter who you are, Repugs believe in it but only if you're a straight, white pro life evangelical. Gays are not allowed to pursue happiness, women are not entitled to pursuit of happiness, Muslims and non-Christians are not entitled to pursuit of happiness, and we need to make laws to ensure that they do not get it. Republicans seem to believe that they are entitled to make everyone else live the way that they want to live. That's not Christian, that just being selfish!

[quote name='CincyInDC' timestamp='1352418913' post='1178780']
To be fair, I think Elflocko meant Goebbels.
[/quote]

No, he might as well called him Hitler, because I believe he was making reference to Heinrich Himmler, the leader of the SS.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1352419529' post='1178789']
That's the biggest bunch of bullshit I think I've ever read on this site. People vote democratic because they believe in giving people opportunities. They believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness no matter who you are, Repugs believe in it but only if you're a straight, white pro life evangelical. Gays are not allowed to pursue happiness, women are not entitled to pursuit of happiness, Muslims and non-Christians are not entitled to pursuit of happiness, and we need to make laws to ensure that they do not get it. Republicans seem to believe that they are entitled to make everyone else live the way that they want to live. That's not Christian, that just being selfish!
[/quote]

I know you have me on ignore and won't read this, but I have to say it. I said this same thing to Thepatternmaster. You don't have 98% of a race that votes for the black candidate without some kind of back story to it. Romney even made a point of showing African Americans that had voted for Obama the first time that said they wouldn't again in his ad campaign. I am guess those people in his television commercials were the only black people in America that DID vote for Romney. So the majority of the Hispanic vote and 98% of the black vote went for Obama while only 59% of the white vote went for Romney. What's that tell me? It tells me that it's time for the Democrats to stop calling out Republicans as racist, bigoted, or whatever, and start asking themselves why they voted for a guy based on the color of his skin and what party he was a member of.

Jamie admitted it himself, that he thought Obama is only an average politician and more a statesman than anything else, and that he was only voting for him because he believe Romney was worse. So do you really think that 98% of black voters felt the same way as Jamie?...Or do you think they voted for him because he is black and a Democrat no matter what level a politician he is? Damn it Racism pisses me off. Its a two sided issue folks, a white man isn't always the devil, and a black is not always the minority. Things are getting close to the point that in the next few years things will be more even than they have ever been. It's not regression, it's progression. Slavery should no longer be an issue, nor should the racist south and the rebel flag. Yes there are idiots out there, but there will always be idiots.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1352419529' post='1178789']
[/quote]

Way to generalize .
First of all I don't consider myself a republican or a democrat (I hate being wrong half the time) I'm more of an Independent so with that said I have several gay friends and more than a few gay coworkers, most of them in a position that they deal with government bureaucracy and tax laws on a daily basis (i.e.business owners)and I can tell you without a doubt most of them voted for Romney

????Himmler??? really???
[/quote]

Who else lives around the cities?

[quote name='cnbengal' timestamp='1352420881' post='1178796']

Way to generalize .
First of all I don't consider myself a republican or a democrat (I hate being wrong half the time) I'm more of an Independent so with that said I have several gay friends and more than a few gay coworkers, most of them in a position that they deal with government bureaucracy and tax laws on a daily basis (i.e.business owners)and I can tell you without a doubt most of them voted for Romney
[/quote]

It's amazing how many independents we have after the beat down. The rest of that is probably bullshit. The next thing you'll say is that you have black and Hispanic friends and they voted for Rmoney, too!

[quote name='Lewdog' timestamp='1352420694' post='1178794']
You don't have 98% of a race that votes for the black candidate without some kind of back story to it.[/quote]

Here's the biggest part of the backstory. whether we like it or not, whether we think it justified or not. But it is understandable if one tries.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVxVa3D11n4[/media]

[quote]Or do you think they voted for him because he is black and a Democrat no matter what level a politician he is? Damn it Racism pisses me off. Its a two sided issue folks, a white man isn't always the devil, and a black is not always the minority. Things are getting close to the point that in the next few years things will be more even than they have ever been. It's not regression, it's progression. Slavery should no longer be an issue, nor should the racist south and the rebel flag. Yes there are idiots out there, but there will always be idiots.[/quote]

Good that you are pissed by racism. One of the better things happening in America now is that racism is slowly burning down from a bonfire into embers. But, some of us older folks here remember the 60s and that wasn't so long ago. Also, racism could easily make a resurgence--especially in bad economic times. So, it pays to always be on guard against the idiots and to be willing to stand up to them. Stamp out the sparks--when they are genuinely sparks and not something imaginary--before the fire spreads.

Lastly, if many blacks voted for Obama simply on the base of his race, then I understand. I wish their views were informed by other, more important matters, and in many cases I'm sure that it was a combo. And I suppose that one could describe this as racism. I would. But it would also be foolish to simply leave it at that--one can learn a lot from unpacking the various ways racism is expressed in this nation.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1352421668' post='1178802']
Who else lives around the cities?
[/quote]

In Dayton, Columbus, Cincinnati, and Cleveland, the majority of the downtown residents are black, and the white employees generally commute from the suburbs. It's not racist, its the truth. You will always have exceptions, but there are very few.

Archived