Get rid of Marvin Lewis

Agreed. Marvin is not the man to take this team where they want to go. Some guys excel at team building, some at winning. Marvin built the team fairly well, but he cant coach em to where they need to go. As much as I hate Brian Kelly for the way he left UC, I would have no problem with him coming back to town as head coach of this team. He is an offensive mastermind, he demands accountability out of all his players, ESPECIALLY the QB. Tate woulda been cut. Rey woulda been yanked. These players dont need a friend anymore, that stage is over. Now I think they need a kick in the ass.

Couldn't have said it better myself.  Fucking good post man!!!!  

Fixed if for you.

Thanks, at least i dont have to start this thread again.  I have to admit, I fell into the trap the again by mid season believing he had fixed his problems, but guess not.  I will not fall for it again next year...if we make it back to the playoffs

Holy Shit.  And this is the truth.  I read Houston on the first page and thought it was a typo. It wasn't until I was on the fourth page that I realized this was LAST YEAR's THREAD.

Fuck me.  Everything holds.

I'd just add Jay Gruden to the "need someone else" pile.

Holy Shit.  And this is the truth.  I read Houston on the first page and thought it was a typo. It wasn't until I was on the fourth page that I realized this was LAST YEAR's THREAD.

Fuck me.  Everything holds.

I'd just add Jay Gruden to the "need someone else" pile.

I most certainly wouldn't let go of Gruden, but he's gotta stop being conservative and more consistent from play to play.  (and no that's not excusing Dalton's play.)

It reminds me of what Simms said 2 weeks ago.  They do so much on offense, that sometimes they lose their rhythm if one thing isn't working that day.  Kind of a jack of all trades, but master of nothing offense.  

There has to be something the team could do to change the mentality. They expect to lose. They are losers. Shit starts going wrong and it's just a here we go again mentality. That won't change if we bring back our QB, Head Coach or if we replace Marvin with Zimmer, no matter how much we respect him and think he will be a good coach. Shit needs changed. If you have to trade for Chase Daniel or some other QB and just trade Dalton to do it so be it. It sounds risky but you can't go into 2014 with the same pieces in place. The argument is going to be Atkins was gone and so was Hall. Thier return will help but it won't be enough. Something major has to change.

Oh, I agree and we all know that.

Still, I think even Mike Brown realizes that Marvin is not the answer on the field.
And he sees the empty seats, too, even if they are already paid for by season ticket holders
who do not show up. Eventually they are going to quit paying, too... like very possibly me.

But Marvin has so well entrenched himself with the team via popularity and the community
that he would be darned hard to simply fire and cut off completely from the organization.
Even I do not want to see that happen to him (being fired).

I also do not agree with the Mike for GM crowd.
He (or is it Zim and Gruden?) has done well recently with the draft, Burficit, etc.
but I still see Chris Perry, Keith Rivers, etc. et al and I still blame him for the
failure of Carson Palmer as in not building a team around him.
Deja vu all over again right now with Andy who does not have anywhere near the
tools of Carson. I still think it takes a creative, aggressive football mind to build a team
around a quarterback and Marv failed miserably with Carson.

Whatever... create a position where he deals with the team (a super Eric Ball / Father Flanigan)
and schmoozes the public but he is simply and obviously not getting it done on the field.
At least like a top tier head coach.

I think as the year goes on, fan and tax payers are going to rise hell about paying taxes for a stadium for a team that dose not produces a championship.as of right Cincinnati tax payer are set to pay more for updates and improvement to the stadium.In the next few years as the economy gets worst.

At this point I can no longer realistically expect this team to win any game that has any significance whatsoever.

I will expect them to choke and be pleasantly surprised if they don't.

Being a fan of this franchise has completely beaten me down to that point.

I most certainly wouldn't let go of Gruden, but he's gotta stop being conservative and more consistent from play to play.  (and no that's not excusing Dalton's play.)

It reminds me of what Simms said 2 weeks ago.  They do so much on offense, that sometimes they lose their rhythm if one thing isn't working that day.  Kind of a jack of all trades, but master of nothing offense.  

I've seen enough continuity with particular problems in the play-calling over the last three years that I personally don't need to see more.  The lack of situational awareness and urgency, in particular, is unforgivable IMO.  The offense needs a fire lit under it, and Gruden isn't the guy. Maybe Marvin is making decisions that I'm not seeing, but I don't think so.  If it were me I'd be clearing out Gruden and Marvin and taking the next step.  Worth the risk.

I've seen enough continuity with particular problems in the play-calling over the last three years that I personally don't need to see more.  The lack of situational awareness and urgency, in particular, is unforgivable IMO.  The offense needs a fire lit under it, and Gruden isn't the guy. Maybe Marvin is making decisions that I'm not seeing, but I don't think so.  If it were me I'd be clearing out Gruden and Marvin and taking the next step.  Worth the risk.

well it's also his first 3 years of calling plays.  I have no doubt that Gruden is going to continue to become an even better OC.

AGREE 100% Who made that call? Paul Alexadner, Jay Gruden or Marvin Lewis? Whoever made that call should have their ass FIRED!!

Paul Alexander has been coaching the OL for what?  20 years now!?  If ANYONE on this staff gets "Shit canned".  His ass

better be the first one!!  Hard for ANY QB,  (not just Dalton), to do anything when you're running for your life every time you

drop back!!  

I will always be grateful for what Marvin Lewis did for this organization and will never hate him. He brought us out of misery and gave us hope but it's time to move on. Teams under him just fail to show in big games and in the playoffs.

This. Seriously. But they need to get rid of him before I start fucking dislike him. He's a great guy. Amazing in the community. But seriously, as a head coach...no. Just no. How about him and Zimmer just swap fucking positions.

Paul Alexander has been coaching the OL for what?  20 years now!?  If ANYONE on this staff gets "Shit canned".  His ass

better be the first one!!  Hard for ANY QB,  (not just Dalton), to do anything when you're running for your life every time you

drop back!!  

There is absolutley NO EXCUSE for that loser to not be fired, man.

Archived