Get rid of Marvin Lewis

As always when I watch Lewis teams shit the bed in a big game (which is pretty much always), in terms of apparent lack of intensity and not being ready for the moment, I can't help but wonder how an "intensity coach" like a cowher type would do with team. I guess we will never know . But I wonder.

Do we ever see them come out of the tunnel looking ready to destroy in big games? Ever?

Marvin's opponents in the last for playoff debacles...

2009 vs. Jets:

Rookie Head Coach in first career playoff game

Rookie Quarterback in first career playoff game

2011 Texans:

Head Coach in first career playoff game

Rookie quarterback with five career starts and in first career playoff game

2012 Texans:

Quarterback in his first career playoff game

2013 Chargers:

Rookie Head Coach in first career playoff game

After 11 seasons, Lewis is 90-90-1 overall, 0-5 in the playoffs and 6-13 in primetime games. 

me·di·o·cre
ˌmēdēˈōkər/
adjective

EDIT:  Well, let me back up.  He's mediocre in the regular season and horrible when it really counts.

marvin throws way too many interceptions...

i think he had the 5th most in the NFL this year...

Not excusing Dalton, Go, but Marvin's been the only constant in the four playoff embarrassments.  None of those four teams came prepared to play.  It's a recurring theme with him.  He may not be the only problem, but he's certainly one of them.

I think as the year goes on, fan and tax payers are going to rise hell about paying taxes for a stadium for a team that dose not produces a championship.as of right Cincinnati tax payer are set to pay more for updates and improvement to the stadium.In the next few years as the economy gets worst.

:13:

well it's also his first 3 years of calling plays.  I have no doubt that Gruden is going to continue to become an even better OC.

so your contention is there are growing pains that you have to allow for with an OC , much like you would with a rookie player?

we were sold the bill of goods that jay was completely familiar running an NFL offense, and in essence had done many of those things in helping game plan for his brother's tampa teams. in the light of day, and after three years, i'm not so sure that stands up to scrutiny.

The shelf life for a HC is a max 8-10 years before the words become hollow. ML is past expiration. Time for a new leader. It just is.

breaks my heart to say it, but i think you're right. if it does happen, i hope like hell there's some way to get him to stay on in another capacity. helluva man, and i have the utmost respect for what he's brought to this franchise. he has a whole lot more to offer on up the ladder.

breaks my heart to say it, but i think you're right. if it does happen, i hope like hell there's some way to get him to stay on in another capacity. helluva man, and i have the utmost respect for what he's brought to this franchise. he has a whole lot more to offer on up the ladder.

I could'nt agree more..I think he'd be a great GM  he has an eye for talent

Move Lewis to GM - Zimmer to HC... bring in a new DC... Fire "Gruden" or pray someone picks him up for HC... and look for a QB.... I would look to find one in the Draft - An average QB could have broken Carson's record with the weapons we have on offense... Andy is the weak link. Draft a CB and S in the first three rounds.... not saying this would fix it... but it would be an improvement in my opinion...

As i have said, i am not one to blame coaches, but one thing has stuck out in my mind for a little while now and i was just heard it again from the same person on Christmas day.  I have a cousin marriage who knows an assistant coach with Arizona Cardinals who is good friends with Marvin and coached with him in the past.  Through this coach,he got to meet and have dinner with Marvin a few years back.   He told me the one thing he took away from that encounter was that Marvin Lewis is soft.  He told me that a couple of years ago and then, like i said, he it came out again on Christmas when we were talking about the Bengals. I asked him why he thought that and he said  he didnt know, it was just something he couldnt put his finger on.  I wont pretend to know what is soft and what isnt soft or if Marvin is or isnt, just thought it was interesting.

marvin throws way too many interceptions...

i think he had the 5th most in the NFL this year...

This team will lose its players.  Players check out when they no longer believe in the coaches and this group of coaches has what the media terms "an embarrassment of riches."

There won't be any HC job for Zimmer or Gruden from the results of this season.

Archived