The Andre Signing Pool

Well, there's no place like home.  Why not give him a pathway for the LT spot?  No way he gets there this year, because we all know he's going to be a minimum of 40-50lbs overweight the moment he signs. However, if he wants to work that off and bust his ass this season and the following offseason, I see no reason not to allow for open competition at the LT spot.  

Whit IS getting older and declining.  Frankly, he's also the kind of team guy that Andre isn't, who, if called upon by the team (especially after said decline becomes more apparent), would probably be willing to move elsewhere.  Either way, it's easier to draft a RT of the future than Left.  

Come home Andre.  We'll take care of you.

If that is actually what you would expect, then why on earth would you continue on with the rest?

Maybe it's 25 lbs of muscle? 

If it were 25lbs of muscle his agent would have been begging GMs to let Andre show you what he can do in drills and the weight room.  Hasn't happened as far as I can tell but I could be wrong.

I have heard these weight issue grumblings as well.. What I don't know is if this is posturing by the team to put pressure on Andre to sign, or if it's real.  If he really is having weight problems again, I say let him walk unless he signs another team friendly deal.

He has soo much talent, but I really don't trust him.

I have heard these weight issue grumblings as well.. What I don't know is if this is posturing by the team to put pressure on Andre to sign, or if it's real.  If he really is having weight problems again, I say let him walk unless he signs another team friendly deal.

He has soo much talent, but I really don't trust him.

Fair enough.  He has been a pro for 4 years and has been paid well.  If he is still having weight issues (really don't know)  I would completely understand Mike and Katie letting him walk. 

Well mAybe tomorrow

Deals have been brokered and signed on Friday's and not released "officially" until Monday.  But its not looking good for the home team.  Maybe Monday but if not then, I fully expect Andre Smith is done being a Bengal.

Deals have been brokered and signed on Friday's and not released "officially" until Monday.  But its not looking good for the home team.  Maybe Monday but if not then, I fully expect Andre Smith is done being a Bengal.

I don't get it, he has zero other choices.

He has the choice of sitting around being a fatass until he gets another offer or finally gives up and waddles into camp late.  What incentive does he have to hurry things up?

Rosters start filling up after the draft. Guys get to see what else they have in their rooks.

Contrary to that I guess the teams could not like what they have and scramble for Smith.

He has the choice of sitting around being a fatass until he gets another offer or finally gives up and waddles into camp late.  What incentive does he have to hurry things up?

He isn't waddling into any camp without a contract

Archived