The Andre Signing Pool

I can't believe that Free Agency is almost a month old, and this mo-fo hasn't signed with anyone!

WTF is he waiting on? The money ain't going to get any better. Geez-US.

At this point I think he is hoping someone who doesn't get one of the top tackles in the draft will get desperate enough to sign him at his price.  Chicago and San Diego are options.

At this point I think he is hoping someone who doesn't get one of the top tackles in the draft will get desperate enough to sign him at his price.  Chicago and San Diego are options.

I just don't think it matters how long he waits the money isn't going to get any better than what it is now.

Hell, if anything, I would think it would be worse after the draft. 

I think Andre will be fine because I don't think Bengals would be pursuing him if they had concerns about his professionalism.

Andre is always going to be big and he's paid to be big.  He's got natural talent so there will alway be a risk of him taking his abilities for granted as he ages and getting out of shape quickly.

I'm going to say Bengals on April 3rd for about 12 mil up front and an average of 7.35. 

Today is the day.

I meant today is the day.  

Tomorrow Andre signs.....

Today is the day!!!!

Well, maybe tomorrow. 

Today is the day. 

Well, tomorrow maybe

Numbers, on 22 Mar 2013 - 13:29, said:Bengals April 12.  If it falls after April 15, it will be with another team.

Randle P McMurphy, on 24 Mar 2013 - 02:36, said: April 12th 2013

esjbh2, on 22 Mar 2013 - 17:45, said: Bengals 4/15

SF2, on 22 Mar 2013 - 12:02, said:Bengals April 18th

Hooky, on 22 Mar 2013 - 12:27, said:Sta-Puff, Sep 1

blueridge, on 22 Mar 2013 - 16:34, said: Bengals. September 1,2013

Scharm;  We know today is the day...  :ninja:

I just don't think it matters how long he waits the money isn't going to get any better than what it is now.

Hell, if anything, I would think it would be worse after the draft. 

I think right now teams are going to wait and see what happens in the draft where tackles will cost less than what Andre is asking.

But if a team in need doesn't get one in the draft they may get desperate.  If Andre is holding out for $9M I'm not sure he will get THAT, but someone will come up with more money than what they are willing to spend now.

I can't believe that Free Agency is almost a month old, and this mo-fo hasn't signed with anyone!

WTF is he waiting on? The money ain't going to get any better. Geez-US.

Andre has to decide whether to wait for the Bengals to increase their offer (ie outwait Mike Brown), drop his own asking price, or try to find a job elsewhere. If he goes elsewhere he isn't going to get what he wants but can save some face by taking a 1 year "prove it" deal. If he prefers to stay in Cincinnati, it doesn't cost him anything to wait for now. In fact he can skip OTAs which start next week.

Andre has to decide whether to wait for the Bengals to increase their offer (ie outwait Mike Brown), drop his own asking price, or try to find a job elsewhere. If he goes elsewhere he isn't going to get what he wants but can save some face by taking a 1 year "prove it" deal. If he prefers to stay in Cincinnati, it doesn't cost him anything to wait for now. In fact he can skip OTAs which start next week.

The real reason he hasn't signed yet???  

Ninja?

Today is the day!

Tomorrow is the day...

Numbers, on 22 Mar 2013 - 13:29, said:Bengals April 12.  If it falls after April 15, it will be with another team.

The real reason he hasn't signed yet???  

Ninja?

The longer this goes on, the more I wonder what shape he'll be in when camp starts.  Wouldn't surprise me to see him signed late in the offseason and spend a few weeks on PUP.

To quote the infamous Scharm: 

Today is the day !

Numbers, on 22 Mar 2013 - 13:29, said:  Bengals April 12.  If it falls after April 15, it will be with another team.

From Lapham at Elder Sports Stag:

"Andre gained 25 pounds during the season last year.  When I asked him what was going on and if he was upset he isn't playing Left Tackle, he paused for about 10 seconds and said, 'Yea I AM upset I'm not playing Left Tackle.'  It makes me wonder about Andre considering he is widely considered the best RT in the game and there is currently a Left Tackle playing at a Pro Bowl level on the team.  With all of that said, I really like Andre and hope they can resign the guy (crosses fingers), no way he makes $9M a year no one will offer him anything near that with the weight issue and the continued fear about his cracked foot.  But when that guy snaps his hips, he can move mountains.  If he could just get in the shape he was in Alabama he'd be one of the most dominant offensive lineman in the game."

"Andre gained 25 pounds during the season last year.  When I asked him what was going on and if he was upset he isn't playing Left Tackle, he paused for about 10 seconds and said, 'Yea I AM upset I'm not playing Left Tackle.'  It makes me wonder about Andre considering he is widely considered the best RT in the game and there is currently a Left Tackle playing at a Pro Bowl level on the team.  With all of that said, I really like Andre and hope they can resign the guy (crosses fingers), no way he makes $9M a year no one will offer him anything near that with the weight issue and the continued fear about his cracked foot.  But when that guy snaps his hips, he can move mountains.  If he could just get in the shape he was in Alabama he'd be one of the most dominant offensive lineman in the game."

great stuff.

And that's the issue in a nutshell. Why is a guy, who thinks he should be the LT, gaining 25 pounds he didn't need particularly in a CONTRACT YEAR? Plenty of guys think something but don't put in the effort to make it a reality.

A better question is IF the Bengals had not taken him at #6 given the pre draft issues, where do you think he would have fallen? Andre thinks he is a top 10 pick still but his actions and work ethic say something different to every GM in the league including ours

And that's the issue in a nutshell. Why is a guy, who thinks he should be the LT, gaining 25 pounds he didn't need particularly in a CONTRACT YEAR? Plenty of guys think something but don't put in the effort to make it a reality.

A better question is IF the Bengals had not taken him at #6 given the pre draft issues, where do you think he would have fallen? Andre thinks he is a top 10 pick still but his actions and work ethic say something different to every GM in the league including ours

Yeah if he really wanted to be a LT he should have gone into his contract year working his ass off, keeping weight off, and proving his skills on the field. Then told the bengals he wants to be a Lt next year or he will sign with a team willing to give him a shot at left tackle.

Instead he put on 25 pounds and obviously hasn't garnered any interest in the off season.

Yeah if he really wanted to be a LT he should have gone into his contract year working his ass off, keeping weight off, and proving his skills on the field. Then told the bengals he wants to be a Lt next year or he will sign with a team willing to give him a shot at left tackle.

Instead he put on 25 pounds and obviously hasn't garnered any interest in the off season.

Well, there's no place like home.  Why not give him a pathway for the LT spot?  No way he gets there this year, because we all know he's going to be a minimum of 40-50lbs overweight the moment he signs. However, if he wants to work that off and bust his ass this season and the following offseason, I see no reason not to allow for open competition at the LT spot.  

Whit IS getting older and declining.  Frankly, he's also the kind of team guy that Andre isn't, who, if called upon by the team (especially after said decline becomes more apparent), would probably be willing to move elsewhere.  Either way, it's easier to draft a RT of the future than Left.  

Come home Andre.  We'll take care of you.

Archived