Hard Knocks Episode 1

While I agree, I do have some slight concern though.  As someone else mentioned, and it may be just the way HBO chose to show us, but I'd like to see more respect for his coaches and more team cooperation.  Didn't like how he "did his own thing" in the team meeting while others LB's actively participated, and IMHO he disrespected Jay to some extent, even though at least one of them was "mostly" joking around...not sure James was though.  Guenther (sp?) seemed scared of him which is not a good thing.  To me there are some respect and coach/player roles and boundaries that seem to be stretched with him.  I don't like players getting treated differently and having special exceptions.  Again, maybe HBO edited it on purpose for that effect, and maybe he's more of a team player than portrayed.

Don't get me wrong, I love his bad-ass-ness and that's something that our defense has definitely needed for a long time, but you can do that AND be part of a respectful team too.

I can agree 110% with this.

MULLY

or, he was trying to piss them off and give them nothing worthwhile and wasn't smart enough to realize that its HBO, not PBS.

He's on record as saying the cameras shouldn't be there.  There's really not much else to it.  Let's not go around confusing Harrison for some evil genius.

I think you and I can finally see eye to eye on something. I don't think he was playing it up either. 

MULLY

I am not "offended" by the f-bombs.  But it does say something about a person's communication skills if it is a common part of their vernacular. 

Really. Ever give the thought that he wasn't raised like you? People tend to communicate the way they've been communicated to. And I do believe Zim truly doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. If he did then most likely he'd be a head coach by now. He doesn't sugar coat and he doesn't "censor" himself in the off chance Hookys kid might be watching.

So how perfect was Harrison's sideline interview during the game?

Seems to know what's he's doing when dealing with the press, right?

Yeah, it was in contrast to what I saw on HardKnocks for sure.  Very politically correct and cooperative.

I just wish he publicly hated the stealers more!!!   :steelerssuck: :steelerssuck: :steelerssuck:

We'll have to wait and see how he plays against them to know how he really feels.  I'm guessing he has a big game against them.  Can't wait.

How much longer before announcers/analysts/Hard Knocks can talk about Harrison without mentioning the stealers? There's nothing more annoying than hearing people talk about the stealers while watching the Bengals.

C'mon, you had to know when he signed here that it was going to be a big storyline this season.  If not, making BOTH Stoolers games prime-time should've driven the point home.  At least it will cut into how much time they spend comparing Dalton's elite-ishness to Flacco or pimping the latest Disney movie. Who knows, they might even get around to discussing the game.

Really. Ever give the thought that he wasn't raised like you? People tend to communicate the way they've been communicated to. And I do believe Zim truly doesn't care what anyone thinks of him. If he did then most likely he'd be a head coach by now. He doesn't sugar coat and he doesn't "censor" himself in the off chance Hookys kid might be watching.

It has nothing to do with how I was raised. And as I said, I'm not offended by profanity (except my own). I am not asking anyone to "censor" themselves, I am just making an observation.

Archived