Hard Knocks Episode 1

Not to sound like a prude, but they should be aware that kids will be watching this show(Like my 10-year old son). A heat of the moment F-bomb can't be helped, but if they know they're on camera, they could tone it down. I realize that HBO has a censored version they show during the day, but it will still have annoying bleeps all over it. That is also on HBO for what they decide to air/edit out. 

it's a 10PM cable show. it's your call, but if that offends you perhaps you shouldn't let your son watch 10PM HBO programming. it's made for adults.

another great moment was zimmer's comment while watching tape of geno, with boling doing some dance step mistaken for a blocking attempt.

"look at geno knocking the fuck out of boling! he's a strong sonofabitch, isn't he?"

The other one that was something to watch in slo-mo was Dre getting gored by Goard in the OK drill. Force = mass * acceleration.

I like the old clip of Hue Jackson yelling at Slim coming off the field in Pitt and Slim giving it back to him.

A real attempt to separate this group from the past group, IMO.

Did Hue push him away and say, "I don't give a fuck"? I thought he did but wasn't sure.

Harrison's head is like a martian's brain.

Does anybody have a link to watch the episode?

Welcome to the board, new guy!

Your best bet will probably be to find a torrent... I can't understand why HBO doesn't make it available on iTunes for $2-3 an episode.

Did Hue push him away and say, "I don't give a fuck"? I thought he did but wasn't sure.

Harrison's head is like a martian's brain.

Yeah it was something about not using two hands and Slim giving him attitude. Then told him he didn't give a fuck.

it's a 10PM cable show. it's your call, but if that offends you perhaps you shouldn't let your son watch 10PM HBO programming. it's made for adults.

Thanks for the parenting advice. Where were you when he needed his diaper changed?

Why should it have to be made for adults? The only adult material is the language.  Do they think that it wouldn't be as entertaining without the F-bombs? It's about a football team that has fans of all ages. That's why they have a censored version that they show during the day, but why don't they edit it to be that way from the beginning?   

I am not offended by it. What makes me say it's a schtick is that I don't remember him F-bombing every other word in the last one. And is that how he communicates off camera?  Like a friend of mine says, it's not reality TV when they know there's a camera there.

And why do people start a typed sentence with "um"? It is used as a pause when somebody speaks. You don't need a pause if you're typing, just don't start typing until you're ready.

It's funny.  After taking a course in public speaking I became very conscious of not saying "um" when speaking, but I do use it at times in a post if I disagree with someone on something.

Thanks for the parenting advice. Where were you when he needed his diaper changed?

Why should it have to be made for adults? The only adult material is the language.  Do they think that it wouldn't be as entertaining without the F-bombs? It's about a football team that has fans of all ages. That's why they have a censored version that they show during the day, but why don't they edit it to be that way from the beginning?   

I am not "offended" by the f-bombs.  But it does say something about a person's communication skills if it is a common part of their vernacular. 

So first you say he shouldn't cuss because you think it's a shtick, then when you find it isn't, you say he shouldn't cuss so kids can watch the show. So he should be himself....but only if being himself doesn't result in cussing. If these guys were worried about thier language around the cameras this show would never work. You probably didn't have your kid watching Sopranos or Game of Thrones either, this is no different.

As a side note to the speech police...I was very taken by so many players being quite articulate in the King's English,  Very little of ebonics and "Chadspeak" or "you know" in every sentence.   Gio and my fav long-shot, Jayson Dimanche, as well as Baby Hawk (who sounds alot like his brother) all sound educated, and intelligent even when they talk shit to one another.

Gruden: We don't touch the merchandise ever. 
Harrison: The merchandise is going to get touched. 
Gruden: Not by you, not without pads ... our future relies on this (guy). 

Harrison: The merchandise come this way -- boom -- it's going to get touched. I like touching merchandise. 
Gruden: Our future relies on this (guy). 
Harrison: I'm not going to kill him, but I ain't going to let him get his job done. 
Gruden: Just relax. 
Harrison: I ain't gonna kill him, but I ain't going to let him get the job done because that mean I ain't doing mine. Understand? 
Gruden: Relax ... ( This is the moment Green slinks out of frame.
Harrison: Understand? Do we understand each other? That's all I need to know. 
Gruden: We do. I'm sorry, I'm sorry ... but seriously don't hurt this (guy). 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000227153/article/hard-knocks-premiere-a-reminder-of-shows-power?campaign=Twitter_atl

Note:  Everywhere it says "guy" insert motherfucker.

My sides were hurting so bad from laughing on that exchange between Gruden and Harrison.

2 funny parts for me. 1 was when jack burden jays son was doing his fantasy and Andy was looking at his team I thought it was hilarious. 2 was when they described how bad ass James is and they had this bad ass beat then they said he's not even the scariest guy on the team but its geno Atkins then mike brown was like he walks like a duck, if you had him in a lineup you'll never guess he's an NFL lineman lmao then they show him walking and he does walk like a duck hahahahahaha

really?

apparently we need a morality forum where this should be discussed, not that i'd go there, but it sure as hell doesn't belong here. maybe the "jesus and dubya" forum would cover that area...."why, oh why does there have to be cussing in football?"

let's not litter a good thread with this crap.

Archived