The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - Bills

What about Dane S.'s one handed grab? How about the throw there?

I thought BJGE looked faster today than what he has this year.

Marvin Jones + Sanu sure did their parts today.

No mention of Leon Hall today at all... usually means GREAT things.

Burfict was getting picked on my refs.

Nugent made up for his missed FG but at the time it definitely sucked.

Whitworth, I thought, didn't look good moving early but then he bitch slapped their S and then went after another guy on Green's quick hitter.

Harrison with a huge (nut) sack.

MJ both good and bad. I think he can be replaced. No doubt it's better to keep him but Gilberry is no slouch at all.

Gresham gets few chances and screws up when his # is called.

Andy seemed pisses on INT.

AJ had a big catch and tossed ball to BJGE... just rubbed me the wrong way. BJGE was excited and wanted to congratulate and Green kinda dissed it by tossing him the ball. Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

BJGE wanting in towards the end of the 4th. Loved it.

Gio with his best impressions of Reggie Bush today.

What about Dane S.'s one handed grab? How about the throw there?

I thought BJGE looked faster today than what he has this year.

Marvin Jones + Sanu sure did their parts today.

No mention of Leon Hall today at all... usually means GREAT things.

Burfict was getting picked on my refs.

Nugent made up for his missed FG but at the time it definitely sucked.

BJGE today reminded me of BJGE at the end of last year where he was recognizing and utilizing his cutback lanes.  Seems like maybe the coaches worked with him on film study about it.

Whitworth, I thought, didn't look good moving early but then he bitch slapped their S and then went after another guy on Green's quick hitter.

He stiff armed that guy right to the ground.  Best replay of the game IMHO.  Hopefully I can get a replay on Youtube to post.

Good:

- Dalton

- Gilberry

- Marvin Jones

- Jay Gruden's first half play calling

- BJGE

- Gio in the passing game

- Marvin's balls on 4th and 15 and Dane's sick 1 handed catch with Daltons perfect throw.

- Daltons good throw to AJ for the TD and AJ's great catch.

Bad:

- Zimmer's 4th quarter play calling. Dropping dunlap (our best pass rusher) ever is pure fucking stupid. Even if Iloka made the wrong move. Newman JUST returned from an injury and is put 1 on 1 with a former track star with no over the top help. He's not 22 years old. He's not going to run step for step with a track guy, especially while playing injured. We tried way too many "cute" blitzes today against an inexperienced QB. Just fucking play normal D and make the QB beat you. Don't give him chances for burnt coverages. Overthinking.

- Daltons one INT, though it looks like Sanu also ran the wrong route. Still should have never been thrown.

- Lack of using Eifert in the passing game.

- Gresham's inability to be relied upon over the middle of the field.

- The refs horrible calls. Burfict had 3 personal foul flags and all 3 were ridiculous and should have never been called.

A description of it is that it was thrown just like a pass tipped up at the line, but nobody but Weeden touched it.  

NFL com has it in the Browns highlights, about 2.25 in.

http://www.detroitlions.com/media-center/videos/Week-6-Detroit-Lions-vs-Cleveland-Browns-highlights/9ad28e03-44ce-4942-9f11-d22812df714b

about 2:25 to 2:30 into the video.  I still think Dalton's pass across his body was just as bad. 

Because Jay has been reading message boards?

A lot have been really hard on Bennie, myself included.

there's a time and a place for each of them, but he looked like he had one of his best overall games in quite some time today. he was really fighting for the extra yards and answered the bell. damn, it was nice to see.

Just went back and looking at scoring times.

The Bengals offense did absolutely nothing after 5 minutes into the third quarter. So- yet another game where they only show up for half of the game then fuck around for the other 2 quarters.

I really hope whatever is causing this (Gruden??? not sure) is fixed fast, or this will be another wasted year with way too much talent to be wasted.

I complain about all of the BJGE bashing myself, but today he had creases to run through while Bernard did not. If they run that same play on third down with BJGE instead of Bernard - plus the same running lanes - it's still going to be fourth down and time to punt. The Bills completely sold out on the run, which was the smart thing to do.

let's face it...after the 1st half, buffalo pretty much had to make that adjustment, just to stay in the game. we were annihilating them at the POA up to that point.

boy is that ever fun when you can do that. i think every OL strives for those periods of nirvana. you look across the line, and believe me there's some real intelligent commentary that goes on back and forth in the heat of the battle. so you look him dead in the eye and say... "hey MF, we're going to run this play right up your ass...and you know what? there's not a god damned thing you can do about it". yeah, that's pretty much the best of times!

so much good in this game.

AJ's TD

Gios TD OMG

BIG Whit Mauling mofos

Red Rifle Juking mofos

4-2 mofos.

Frickers Killer wings mmmmmm.

you had me until the fricker's wings. things are giant sized, i like that, but undercooked (at least here in spfld). raw, slimy skin on chicken wings suck.

[quote name="big_dish" post="1288684" timestamp="1381713505"]

Just went back and looking at scoring times.

The Bengals offense did absolutely nothing after 5 minutes into the third quarter. So- yet another game where they only show up for half of the game then fuck around for the other 2 quarters.

I really hope whatever is causing this (Gruden??? not sure) is fixed fast, or this will be another wasted year with way too much talent to be wasted.[/quote

Huh? They scored a TD and then hogged the rest of the quarter for 11 minutes and 16 plays.

Missed a FG after a holding call.

They fucked around in the 4th.

They scored a TD 5 minutes in... and couldn't put up a single point in for the next two quarters.

This team shouldnt need to "learn" how to win anymore. That was 2003 and 2004.

Because of the offenses ineptness in the second half, they almost got beat by the friggin Bills and a PS QB.

Its inexcusable.They CANNOT keep shutting down for 30 minutes at a time and expect to do anything meaningful this season- or expect to advance in the playoffs.

They need to fix this shit. Playcalling and selection was great in the first half, then they went into their prevent offense and came thisclose to losing the game. There is no reason this team shouldnt be going full throttle the entire game. They arent good enough to choose to sit back and hope they can let time run out on their opponent.

They scored a TD 5 minutes in... and couldn't put up a single point in for the next two quarters.

Because of the offenses ineptness in the second half, they almost got beat by the friggin Bills and a PS QB.

Its inexcusable.They CANNOT keep shutting down for 30 minutes at a time and expect to do anything meaningful this season- or expect to advance in the playoffs.

They need to fix this shit. Playcalling and selection was great in the first half, then they went into their prevent offense and came thisclose to losing the game. There is no reason this team shouldnt be going full throttle the entire game. They arent good enough to choose to sit back and hope they can let time run out on their opponent.

slow down there trigger.  It wasn't the offense that almost blew that game.  It also wasn't the offense's fault that special teams botched a 35yd FG.

They didn't shut down for 30 minutes slick. After they scored 24. The held the ball for 16 consecutive plays and over 11 minutes.

The kicker missed a 2nd fg after making the first. That has nothing to do with shutting down the offense. That's your 3rd qtr. Td and missed FG and almost the entire quarter poession.

I do think they went into shut down mode in the 4th and trusting the D almost fucked them.

You just can't overlook the 3rd.

The most contribution the offense had to the comeback was being unable to get out from deep in their territory at the beginning of the 4th. Every team is conservative there (and on the 98 yard TD drive in this game they started running it 4 straight times). But since it worked one time and didn't work another I guess you have the one time it didn't work to complain about?

They didn't shut down for 30 minutes slick. After they scored 24. The held the ball for 16 consecutive plays and over 11 minutes.

The kicker missed a 2nd fg after making the first. That has nothing to do with shutting down the offense. That's your 3rd qtr. Td and missed FG and almost the entire quarter poession.

I do think they went into shut down mode in the 4th and trusting the D almost fucked them.

You just can't overlook the 3rd.

to be exact, the Bengals offense had the ball for 11:17 of the 15 minute 3rd quarter, and as you mentioned, should have had 2 scoring drives.

Good:

-Dalton

-RBs

-WRs and happy we used Jones and Sanu the ways we should especially Sanu on screen plays to.open up Green

-Dunlap and Gilberry

-Burfict

-Gruden to.open up the offense

-Tate 

Bad:

-Why we are still not using Eifert down the middle of the field 

Ugly:

-Nugent's miss

-Zimmer play call on Chandler 's TD

-Adam Jones return

Good:
Winning the game
Ratbirds & Clowns losing
4-2 North Division leaders

Bad:
Defensive letdown against a no-name QB
Refs-awful calls on Burfict

Ugly:
Seeing some dudes who are supposed fans doing nothing but bitching/whining on here like this team is on the verge of a total collapse and is doomed to fail. After a win that puts us in the division lead??? Get a grip fellas & get yourself some Prozac stat!

WHO DEY!!

let's face it...after the 1st half, buffalo pretty much had to make that adjustment, just to stay in the game. we were annihilating them at the POA up to that point.

boy is that ever fun when you can do that. i think every OL strives for those periods of nirvana. you look across the line, and believe me there's some real intelligent commentary that goes on back and forth in the heat of the battle. so you look him dead in the eye and say... "hey MF, we're going to run this play right up your ass...and you know what? there's not a god damned thing you can do about it". yeah, that's pretty much the best of times!

http://youtu.be/aVX-voqWuwY

at this point it would take a collapse for KC not to get a WC spot.

They will get a WC spot most definitely. See their schedule? It's a cake walk.

Cleveland on the other hand.. They'll probably finish 6-10.

I have us at 7-4 at the BYE and 11-5 at the end of the year.

NE and DEN get the BYES and Cincinnati will play Miami in the WC game @ CIN

KC will be at IND

They will get a WC spot most definitely. See their schedule? It's a cake walk.

Cleveland on the other hand.. They'll probably finish 6-10.

I have us at 7-4 at the BYE and 11-5 at the end of the year.

NE and DEN get the BYES and Cincinnati will play Miami in the WC game @ CIN

KC will be at IND

Cleveland is playing a LOT of home games recently, too.

Archived