Are you buying the PS4 or Xbox One?

and there is one in the mall about 30 min from my place, im gonna go check it out in person tonight.

good looking out

Posted from my xbox one

Tv is sweet didnt realize the games only play in 60hz

Did you end up buying the 50" Seiki?   Reviews on it?  I'm tempted to buy it myself but may also wait.  I have a Samsung 46" that's 4 yrs old now but still has a fantastic picture....pops.  So I don't NEED a new TV, I would like one though.  Especially if I can sell my current tv for $400-$500. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Xbox needs a price drop IMO to be competitive. Once sony releases in Japan the numbers are going to get pretty embarrassing for Microsoft.

They thought they could dictate to the customers how things were going to be with playing games, buying games, kinect, plus inferior hardware. All at a higher cost.

Didn't turn out so well for them.

Xbox needs a price drop IMO to be competitive. Once sony releases in Japan the numbers are going to get pretty embarrassing for Microsoft.

They thought they could dictate to the customers how things were going to be with playing games, buying games, kinect, plus inferior hardware. All at a higher cost.

Didn't turn out so well for them.

give em a fucking break, the hardware is virtually identical... the difference in hardware isnt something that many gamers are going to be able to take advantage of:

table.png

and just like the last consoles, the cheaper one sells more. its not exactly rocket science...  

give em a fucking break, the hardware is virtually identical... the difference in hardware isnt something that many gamers are going to be able to take advantage of:

table.png

and just like the last consoles, the cheaper one sells more. its not exactly rocket science...  

While all this may be true, it's in the perception. It's something Sony can hammer on.

Inferior hardware, no matter how so, can not be sold at higher costs than superior hardware in the console market.

Sony learned from their mistake with the ps3 and microsoft is learning that now.

• 2 months later...

I would have already gotten a xbox if they had The Show.  I am struggling really hard justifying it as I don't online game anymore and the show is the only console specific game that I like.

Only game that PS offers that I really badly want to play is The Last of Us, that looks hella good

damn good game.

Im pondering buying a PS4 simply because there are no baseball games for the XBOX, and rbi baseball doesnt count..

very concerned... as i dont want to switch to ps4 totally, and i dont want a console for only baseball..

it is really good but for some reason the dumbass makers of the game removed Rivalry mode which is one of the most popular and my favorite mode.

• 2 weeks later...

table.png

I haven't decided on either system yet.  I'm mostly a PC gamer, and I only use my XBOX for sports games.  But when I look at this comparison side by side, I can't imagine why I would pay more for the XBOX1. Almost every thing on that list is slightly better on the PS.. Bluetooth, analog output, faster memory, possibly faster CPU (I have no idea how they are different but it would appear to be a slight one), no mandatory game installs, no required internet connection, no used game fee, no region lock...

I can't really think of any reason to buy XBOX1 other than brand loyalty or it has an XBOX only game that you just can't live without.  I have never purchased a play station, and owned the XBOX and then the 360 since they came out and loved 'em (360 is still kickin').

I haven't decided on either system yet.  I'm mostly a PC gamer, and I only use my XBOX for sports games.  But when I look at this comparison side by side, I can't imagine why I would pay more for the XBOX1. Almost every thing on that list is slightly better on the PS.. Bluetooth, analog output, faster memory, possibly faster CPU (I have no idea how they are different but it would appear to be a slight one), no mandatory game installs, no required internet connection, no used game fee, no region lock...

I can't really think of any reason to buy XBOX1 other than brand loyalty or it has an XBOX only game that you just can't live without.  I have never purchased a play station, and owned the XBOX and then the 360 since they came out and loved 'em (360 is still kickin').

now that xbox released a system without the kinect they are the same price. Sony with their camera/motion thing is also 499 but 399 without. Xbox had originally required the kinect to be purchased making it 499 but now they are going to sell one without which is 399.

The only differences on the systems are which one has exclusive games you prefer? They are similar in function and ability. The developers aren't going to use the "max potential" of one system and not the other. It's all about which exclusives you prefer.

Archived