Bye Week Notes

The Benagls didn't progress to the top of the AFC North in 3 seasons from a 4-12 record  just because Andy Dalton is a fucking awesome QB.

Look at the lines.   Both get credit form independent sources.   The defensive line is not disputed on this board.   For some reason a few posters always  dispute anything relating to the O-line to the exact opposite extreme because they were wrong and not just a little but greatly wrong because they were sucking off a QB that ultimately threatened to retire.

Sad. 

The Benagls didn't progress to the top of the AFC North in 3 seasons from a 4-12 record  just because Andy Dalton is a fucking awesome QB.

Look at the lines.   Both get credit form independent sources.   The defensive line is not disputed on this board.   For some reason a few posters always  dispute anything relating to the O-line to the exact opposite extreme because they were wrong and not just a little but greatly wrong because they were sucking off a QB that ultimately threatened to retire.

Sad. 

To be honest, I don't think our line is terrible. I will say the time Andy has to throw had seriously decreased the past few games. Better defenses I know but he needs more time.

With less than 3 seconds before he gets hit?  No, I don't realize that.

well for one, that's a good 3 seconds.

2, Dalton missed the hot read.  The Corner over Jones blitzes.  Jones reads it correctly and breaks off his route for the hot read and quick throw.  Dalton didn't pull the trigger.  

Green was also streaking open from the right side.

My stance on the oline has been and everyone knows.   Closer to top 10 vs. bottom 10.

It's going on 5 seasons.    To really have that kind of opinion to stand the test of time and be proven correct time and time again is a wonderous accomplishment, maybe.

Or maybe it is the ability to recognize a bunch of loons with fringe takes that truly don't know their asshole from the hole in the wall.   Probably more of that.

People that know football don't obess over Centers, line coaches, Middle Linebackers blah, blah, blah.   Especially win the old saying is true.  It starts in the trenches.    Last I checked Bengals have been kicking a whole lot of ass the past 3 seasons. 

Yet supposed fans get all upset over something nicely written about their favorite team because it doesn't jive with their agenda.   Sad.  

We've got kick ass tackles and decent center.   We have good depth at tackle.   A logical person acknowledging those facts wouldn't be surprised at decent rankings of that unit. 

What can I say?  scharm>0linehaters.   Again!  

Scharm, I have agreed with you for the most part over the last few years, that the line is closer to top ten than bottom ten, and probably still do, however, I don't think they have performed as well this year, as they have the last couple of years.  Now, to be frank, I think a lot of that is that Whit has not been Whit because of the knee problems, and AC, although a fine pass blocker, is not the run blocker that a healthy Whit is.  I do think they have some room to grow, and like Alleycat, I personally don't put a lot of credence in anything from any of these "Stat Junky" sites.  In my eyes, the entire O has not looked as well as I expected, but I think it's a combination of everyone, Dalton, Gruden and AJ included.  The amazing thing is that even with that, we are still ranked in the top ten in Offense.  If they can ever get this shit to our expectation level, and I think they can, Look the fuck out!

Scharm, I have agreed with you for the most part over the last few years, that the line is closer to top ten than bottom ten, and probably still do, however, I don't think they have performed as well this year, as they have the last couple of years.  Now, to be frank, I think a lot of that is that Whit has not been Whit because of the knee problems, and AC, although a fine pass blocker, is not the run blocker that a healthy Whit is.  I do think they have some room to grow, and like Alleycat, I personally don't put a lot of credence in anything from any of these "Stat Junky" sites.  In my eyes, the entire O has not looked as well as I expected, but I think it's a combination of everyone, Dalton, Gruden and AJ included.  The amazing thing is that even with that, we are still ranked in the top ten in Offense.  If they can ever get this shit to our expectation level, and I think they can, Look the fuck out!

Until we win a superbowl isn't everyone on this team at that same spot? 

Reality  as fans we are waiting on a few things.

Clinching a playoff birth.    Then waiting for all aspects of this team to deliver a win when and if that playoff game comes.  Then repeat.

I'm just having a little fun with the people that argued incorrectly with their extreme stances.  

well for one, that's a good 3 seconds.

Oh, well pardon me, 3 total seconds for the LT to strew some rose petals in his path on the way to the QB.

2, Dalton missed the hot read.  The Corner over Jones blitzes.  Jones reads it correctly and breaks off his route for the hot read and quick throw.  Dalton didn't pull the trigger.  Green was also streaking open from the right side.

Yes and the defender was also streaking open towards his blind side.  Even if he did get the throw off he still would've been pummeled. Top-5 pass pro? Seriously?

Oh, well pardon me, 3 total seconds for the LT to strew some rose petals in his path on the way to the QB.

Yes and the defender was also streaking open towards his blind side.  Even if he did get the throw off he still would've been pummeled. Top-5 pass pro? Seriously?

3 seconds is a lifetime in today's NFL unless you're throwing deep.  

3 of the 4 receivers were open at the time he got sacked.

Really?  So you think from these comments Marvin would rather a line ranked 32nd on the list and their players?

Fools logic.    Marvin clearly addressing points about his team and his team alone.   Go to him and tell his line sucks and I'm sure you'd get a quote that would lend credibility to the PFF ranking. 

There is a place between 'sucks and must be replaced' and 'best in the league'.  This is the same shit as we get with Dalton and Gresham.  Put a lid on the black and white two valued crap.

PFF says they are wonderful.  Marvin says they need to step up their play.  I'll go with Marvin on this one.

Does an O-line have to be perfect to be good?

Can a guy who is not quite healthy have a bad game and still be considered "good"?

People form their opinions and then see what they want based on those opinions.

and too many take it to the extreme.  One bad play doesn't mean you had a bad game.  One great play doesn't mean you had a good game. 

Too many just look at a stat line, or isolated plays not only to judge a whole game, but has displayed above, they don't even know what they are looking at half the time.

but has displayed above, they don't even know what they are looking at half the time.

Good thing you're around to enlighten all us idiots, then.  Tell me again about all the receivers that were open as he was getting planted into the turf.

:fing06:

Good thing you're around to enlighten all us idiots, then.  Tell me again about all the receivers that were open as he was getting planted into the turf.

:fing06:

happy to oblige.

The biggest issue with this site is that dumbassery begets dumbassery.

Khat acts like a dumbass because posters like you act like a dumbass, and vice versa.  It's a vicious cycle.  

At the end of the day though, you're both just dumbasses that offer nothing to the site and the majority would be better off if the dumbasses would just walk away.  

Dumbasses taking extremes sides to conversations because they are trying to get a rise out of the "other side" or because they simply don't have the football knowledge to understand what actually takes place on a given play.

You display that wonderfully with your suggestion that 3 seconds isn't enough time.  Because hell, it's not like the average release time for a QB in the NFL isn't 2.6 seconds and Dalton's isn't 2.5 seconds.  It's not like there weren't 3 open receivers at the time Dalton got sacked, or that Dalton missed the hot read on the play.

Most people here, don't know a lot about football.  They're just fans of football.  I count myself in that group.  That doesn't make them dumbasses.  That just makes them fans who don't know a lot about football terminology, routes, etc.  What separates them from the dumbasses, is that they don't pretend to know things they don't.  

Instead of posting a .gif to try to prove a point, maybe actually watch it first to make sure it fits your argument.  Then maybe you won't have to worry about someone thinking you're an idiot.

(Side note, can the mods actually get back to being mods and DO something about all of the dumbassery?)

Then maybe you won't have to worry about someone thinking you're an idiot.

Yeah dude I'm real worried about that.  Can hardly sleep y'know?  How about you and Jamie have another one of your bitchy 20-page slap fights about some pointless semantic horseshit and then get back to me about what's wrong with this forum.  Reposting shit from twitter all day doesn't make you an authority.

Yeah dude I'm real worried about that.  Can hardly sleep y'know?  How about you and Jamie have another one of your bitchy 20-page slap fights about some pointless semantic horseshit and then get back to me about what's wrong with this forum.

the funny thing is, why you may bitch about Jamie and I having a multiple page argument, at least jamie and I were actually talking about FOOTBALL.  Ya know, the point of the site?

Archived