***The Game is Officially Sold Out***

Except that when they don't sell out, you will have to run a shitty internet stream to your TV, which will look awesome at 55" mind you. I would most definitely be there but I am buying a house and those closing costs are a beeeeyotch.

I don't have a problem with that in CA, but SHAME ON YOU Cincinnati! That's just horrible, and y'all deserve the blackout if you cannot sell out a freaking playoff game.

I work for the company that prints the Bengals billboards (we don't design them, just print them). As far as I know they didn't even do any this year, at least I didn't see any come through and I haven't seen any posted here in Dayton. I have seen them on a couple of the electronic billboards but none printed. I doubt that it has much effect on attendance anyway, but it could have a little.

I have to say, I am shocked that GB is having problems....there isn't much else in that area but the Packers. I was at the Bengals/Packers game in Cincy this year and was surprised by how many Packers fans traveled to Cincinnati. They had a pretty nice "Go Pack Go" going on until the men in stripes got their shit together and shut them up.  lol

Shit... Give Sacramento the Bengals and we'll sell out every game. I cannot believe that and NFL team has problems selling out let alone a PLAYOFF GAME! That's just weak.

All y'all in Cincinnati should feel ashamed of your city.

It's tuesday afternoon. Geez everyone acting like it's friday morning or something. This thread is getting on my nerves..

And sacramento? Really? Don't you all have a nba team that no one goes to see there already? How many seats does it take to sell that place out, like 23? Yet it's always empty.

It's tuesday afternoon. Geez everyone acting like it's friday morning or something. This thread is getting on my nerves..

And sacramento? Really? Don't you all have a nba team that no one goes to see there already? How many seats does it take to sell that place out, like 23? Yet it's always empty.

Los Angeles and San Diego couldn't sell out NFL games.  Sacramento, where we send guys we don't want in town anymore, can't be any better.

I am quite surprised by Green Bay though.

The land of having to get your season tickets willed to you and like a 30 year waiting list can't sell out a playoff game with their star QB back.

That's very surprising.

Probably the Rodgers injury and poor chances for them making it made some ticketholders pass on getting them early.

I am quite surprised by Green Bay though.

The land of having to get your season tickets willed to you and like a 30 year waiting list can't sell out a playoff game with their star QB back.

That's very surprising.

It's a little surprising, but I assure you it will be sold out in the next 48 hours. Just like the colts and cincy games most likely.

Three teams face blackouts

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Perhaps Green Bay Packers fans have little faith in this year's team.

How else to explain why as of Tuesday morning there were 13,000 tickets still remaining, according to a team spokesperson, for Sunday's NFC wild-card playoff game against theSan Francisco 49ers?

The Packers have a streak of 319 consecutive sellouts (301 regular season games and 18 playoff games) and nearly 100,000 people on their season-ticket waiting list.

Green Bay isn't the only team having trouble selling out for this weekend's playoff games with the Indianapolis Colts and Cincinnati Bengals also faced with thousands of unsold tickets.

The Colts, who have sold out 137 of their last 138 games, have "slightly less than 6,000" tickets they need to sell to avoid having their Saturday game against the Kansas City Chiefsblacked out in the Indianapolis area.

NFL rules say that teams have to sell out games at least 72 hours prior to kickoff to ensure the game will be shown on local television. The league extended the deadline to Thursday at 4:30 p.m. because Wednesday is a holiday.

In Cincinnati, Jeff Berding, the Bengals' director of sales and public affairs, said late Monday that after a good day of sales, more than 10,000 tickets still remained for Sunday's game at Paul Brown Stadium against the San Diego Chargers.

In an effort to sell more playoff tickets, the Bengals kept their ticket office open on New Year's Eve and will do the same New Year's Day. According to Berding, the office will be open between 9 a.m.-7 p.m. on Wednesday.

The Bengals' ticket push has even become a civic issue in the city. On Monday, Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley held a brief, impromptu news conference at the start of coach Marvin Lewis' weekly remarks to encourage fans to come out for the game.

The Packers, at 8-7-1, have the worst record among the 12 playoff teams.

The organization sent out playoff ticket invoices to season-ticket holders during the seven-game stretch in which quarterback Aaron Rodgers was sidelined because of a broken collarbone. When Rodgers returned for the regular-season finale on Sunday and helped the Packers beat the Chicago Bears to win the NFC North, the team still had 40,000 tickets available for the opening round of the playoffs.

The team gave season-ticket holders another chance to buy seats on Monday morning before opening up the sale to the general public later in the day. A team spokesman said Tuesday that the four-ticket limit per transaction that was in place on Monday has been lifted.

The Packers opened 7,000 new seats this season in the south end zone, bringing capacity at Lambeau Field to 80,750. The Packers waiting list for season tickets was more than 100,000 people before the new seats were added for this season.

Ticket sales weren't a problem for the Seattle Seahawks on Tuesday, with the team saying it sold out of playoff tickets in less than 30 minutes. Their Jan. 11 opener against an opponent to be determined after this weekend's NFC playoff games.

ESPN.com Colts reporter Mike Wells and Bengals reporter Coley Harvey contributed to this report.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10222617/thousands-unsold-seats-lambeau-field

I know it's been mentioned, but it's a combination of things:

1.  Price and time -- being so close after Christmas and the tickets are more expensive.  It costs WAY too much to go to a football game

2.  TV Experience -- IMO, the TV experience is so much better than the stadium experience.  Not only do you save in gas and time, but you see all of the replays, can get to the restroom during a commercial break and you don't have to worry about weather.  Add on top of the a better view than anyone in the stadium with our HD TVs. 

It's not about being a bad fan, it's about priorities and making sure we can provide for our families vs. spend a few hundred dollars for three hours of fun.  I wonder how much our AFC Championship tickets will cost when the Colts or Chiefs come here.

Shit... Give Sacramento the Bengals and we'll sell out every game. I cannot believe that and NFL team has problems selling out let alone a PLAYOFF GAME! That's just weak.

All y'all in Cincinnati should feel ashamed of your city.

Orlando, Florida wants the Bengals!

if i wasn't in afghanistan i would be there... i am a season ticket holder.. they didnt make me buy my tickets because i was deployed... they actually worked with me... it wasn't even an issue... and they will talk to me about my pre-season tickets for next year because i won''t be back until the season opener... so they are getting better

We have two of the top 3 sellout streaks in NBA history. We have sold out for YEARS at a time. You couldn't even get season tickets for a while.

Attendance went down because of the prior owners we had always trying to move the team. We got a new owner and now everything is fixed and the attendance is back up. Not quite to sell out levels every game but it's getting there. The arena seats 17,317 (we are in the process of building a new arena). We have had like 6 or 7 sellouts so far this year out of about 17 games so far which is MUCH better than the retarded owners we had always trying to move the team.

We have sold out EVERY playoff game we have ever had in Sacramento dating back to 1985.

So yah..... If Cincinnati cant even sell out ONE playoff game then it's on you Cincinnati peeps. Doesn't affect me either way.

This year we have sold 92.5% of all seats and are top 15 in the NBA for attendance. (based on how many seats are in the arenas. The new arena we have in 2016-2017 I guarantee we will sell that out for years and years. It's right in the heart of downtown rather than in the middle of nowhere and we have metro access (light rail) right to the door from all parts of Sac. I think there will be about 19000 seats in the new arena and I guarantee there will be standing room only for the longest time. There are already 8k on the waiting list who have put down deposits.

Oh yah, We also had the highest number of new season ticket purchases of any NBA team this year.

Shows what happens when you get rid of the owners that were trying to move your team eh?

Archived