Bengals Free Agent Tracker

I'd let Hawk walk too.... They drafted a WR last year, and they have Gio... Now Hawk is one of my favorite players but I'd rather spend that money elsewhere

Hawk has speed and quickness that no one else on the team does.  Keep him.

NEWS: We have re-signed WR Brandon Tate #Bengals pic.twitter.com/qcUDRkAEGk

I truly hope we draft someone who can return kicks and punts, or perhaps let McCalleb do it. I don't hate Tate, but this team has to look for areas where they can improve off of last year. Being able to return a kick or a punt for a TD is one of them. The organization cannot honestly believe that we can stand-pat for the 3rd year in a row and expect different results. 

Sorry but you don't find replacements for what is essentially your starting LT and an elite level DE just by picking up reasonable free agents. There is a reason they are being sought after so highly.

Whit is our starting LT, especially if we want to run the ball, or we draft a LT who can run-block and slide Whit over. 

As for MJ being elite, I don't see how you can still cling to that assumption, given that pretty much no one sees him that way, even the bucks who just gave him $8.5M/year (a number which puts him outside the top 20 salaries for edge rushers in the league - without accounting for the inflation of the cap and new deals that will surely diminish his even more in the coming year). Nope, we can safely say MJ is who we thought he was (well, some of us, at least).

I truly hope we draft someone who can return kicks and punts, or perhaps let McCalleb do it. I don't hate Tate, but this team has to look for areas where they can improve off of last year. Being able to return a kick or a punt for a TD is one of them. The organization cannot honestly believe that we can stand-pat for the 3rd year in a row and expect different results. 

I'd expect McCalebb to get a fair shot at the job in camp. Tate does the job pretty well though, and he doesn't fumble. Don't mind having him back.

I don't disagree, but you are assuming the Bengals are unhappy with the results they've gotten. Ball security is their #1 priority.

I don't disagree, but you are assuming the Bengals are unhappy with the results they've gotten. Ball security is their #1 priority.

I understand ball security is a priority, but sometimes you just have to go for the home-run. Trindon Holliday fumbles quite often, but they put him back there because they know he can break the game open on any given return. We need to find areas to improve off of our past few seasons. Unfortunately, I truly believe they think that if they just stay status-quo, everyone will improve and they will be a bit more lucky and than they will win the Super Bowl. i think its a failing plan. 

I understand ball security is a priority, but sometimes you just have to go for the home-run. Trindon Holliday fumbles quite often, but they put him back there because they know he can break the game open on any given return. We need to find areas to improve off of our past few seasons. Unfortunately, I truly believe they think that if they just stay status-quo, everyone will improve and they will be a bit more lucky and than they will win the Super Bowl. i think its a failing plan. 

This plan has shown improvement every year for 3 straight years... I still haven't heard a good reason why it's going to stop in 2014.

I have no problem with Tate coming back.  If you would have asked me this one year ago, I would have thrown my laptop thru a window. 

He had a very good year. Nothing spectacular but nothing stupid.

Well, not much harm keeping Tate around until someone beats him out for the job.  He's contributed more than Whalen as a WR.

That's what ought to be happening with a team as young as ours, so it isn't unreasonable.  Draft is where we hit those homeruns, hopefully.  FA is for the band-aids to shore up positions without much talent.  Luckily for us, there don't seem to be many of those.

Archived