Banners at Training Camp

Fair enough.

Pointedly, that was classless by Go. If he had done it from his private twitter, that's one thing. To do it from an account associated with this community is a whole other thing. It deserves an apology.

I've said my peace now.

Thanks for all you and USN and the others do.

I happen to agree with you.  I don't think it was appropriate for Go to link this community to his action.  I could be wrong, but I would be willing to bet he didn't think about that when he was doing it.

Are you seriously calling me a "Go minion"?  Really? I have been harder on him than almost anybody on here since the Bratkowski Fiasco.. I recently asked him to remove the Dumbo Dalton shit from his sig and he agreed to do so.

"Sanctioned Andy Dalton Bashing"? WTH?   Almost all of the new mods were fairly firmly entrenched in the "Dalton Defender" camp.. You should know where I stand on that subject, I have made it very well known.

Nothing surprised me more when Go asked me to become a mod.  I was sure I had placed myself firmly outside that realm of possibility with the things I had said to him over the past couple years.. But he did, and to be honest, I have been pleased with how he has approached things lately.

I am just as unhappy about the linking of our community to what I see as a rude and inappropriate action towards our QB as you are. The thing is, you can engage in a dialogue to let people know how you feel without throwing a fit and stooping to slinging personal insults around.  If your content was edited it has nothing to do with "protecting Go" and everything to do with you acting inappropriately and outside the scope of acceptable behavior as outlined by the site posting rules stickied to the top of this forum.

Nicely said.

Membengal, you're a valued poster here... as is everyone. I would never compromise my ethics, values, or morals to "protect" anyone my friend. I think more posters on this board disagree with what he did, joke or not, than agree. Those of us who are mods are constantly checking with each other when ANY action is even thought about being taken.

Dammit!

I was replying to your post and accidentally deleted it Aaron.

I am glad you had your say, and thanks for letting us clear any doubts about what we do and why we do it.

Joe

I restored it USN.. Deleted content is placed in the "removed content" section of the ModeratorCP.   In order to permanently delete something you need to go to ModeratorCP/Removed Content/(then either Topics or Posts) and click "Permanently Delete", or "Restore" if you wish to un-delete it.

I restored it USN.. Deleted content is placed in the "removed content" section of the ModeratorCP.   In order to permanently delete something you need to go to ModeratorCP/Removed Content/(then either Topics or Posts) and click "Permanently Delete", or "Restore" if you wish to un-delete it.

Tried that, but I'm posting from my phone and for some reason I couldn't get there. Thanks for restoring the post Lucid.

Dude. Once again. LOL. Its his fucking website. He quite literally can post whatever the fuck he wants here as long as it isn't illegal. I don't think what he's done is really enough for us to keep going over it over and over again like he kicked a child and is winding up for another go around.

I am sure dalton checks every tweet toward him daily. Like all pro athletes do.

While I agree that go shouldn't have tweeted it, I think people are taking things too seriously here. Andy Dalton doesn't know what go-bengals is and couldn't care less about dudes who post on a message board under goofy names. It's not like go has tarnished e honor of you personally. Your name is numbers or Michaelweston or membengal on an internet message board. AndyDalton is going to go home to his beautiful wife in his big house and watch his tiny kid do funny stuff all night until he passes out studying his play book. He's worried about wins, babies and contracts. This is nothing to him.

While I agree that go shouldn't have tweeted it, I think people are taking things too seriously here. Andy Dalton doesn't know what go-bengals is and couldn't care less about dudes who post on a message board under goofy names. It's not like go has tarnished e honor of you personally. Your name is numbers or Michaelweston or membengal on an internet message board. AndyDalton is going to go home to his beautiful wife in his big house and watch his tiny kid do funny stuff all night until he passes out studying his play book. He's worried about wins, babies and contracts. This is nothing to him.

You can't tell me that wouldn't get to most people. I have some really thick skin, but if I went in to my job on Monday morning and saw a banner that said some shit about people hating me it would make me feel bad. If you like Andy or if you don't, that is your opinion and I respect that, but don't shit on the quarterback of our favorite team. This guy has done nothing but brought this team back from the gutter, three straight playoff trips in a row. And he only tries to get better. I wouldn't trade this guy for anyone, not manning not Brady. No one. He is our guy and I stand behind him. That is all for now.

Dude. Once again. LOL. Its his fucking website. He quite literally can post whatever the fuck he wants here as long as it isn't illegal. I don't think what he's done is really enough for us to keep going over it over and over again like he kicked a child and is winding up for another go around.

Yeah I dont get that either. He pays for the site outside of unasked for donations. He can do literally whatever he wants. Protecting Go from what? Its his site.

Yeah I dont get that either. He pays for the site outside of unasked for donations. He can do literally whatever he wants. Protecting Go from what? Its his site.

Yes it is his site. And yes he can do whatever he wants to do on his site. And I for one am fine with that. But. If people get tired of what he does on his site, which he has every right to do, he may be doing it by himself or with one or two loyal friends.

Seriously. Defending Andy by trying to shit on AJ Green, one of the greatest things to happen to this franchise in years. You ought to be ashamed of yourself, young man.

People used to say the same thing about Chad. Until he was no longer "the greatest thing to happen to this franchise in years". Just sayin'.

Jesus Christ, I hope not. I am not Dalton's biggest fan either but I would NEVER root against him while he is in our uniform. That would be stupid, especially in light of the lack of other options.

The worst part of this IMO is the indication of how the season is going to play out, with media and a large number of "fans" salivating at the thought of Dalton throwing his first INT of the year.   I used to think there were a lot of people who expected the team to fail, but now I suspect that it's not only expectation but desire.

So was everyone okay with Ray Lewis "coming to work" in our stadium with a spray-painted bedsheet proclaiming "RAY LEWIS IS A MURDERER" for everyone to see hanging over the Lot D railing, or was that okay because the court of public opinion deemed him guilty? Or because he played for a hated rival? When it was of course, a twisted joke. Is that okay, then?

So was everyone okay with Ray Lewis "coming to work" in our stadium with a spray-painted bedsheet proclaiming "RAY LEWIS IS A MURDERER" for everyone to see hanging over the Lot D railing, or was that okay because the court of public opinion deemed him guilty? Or because he played for a hated rival? When it was of course, a twisted joke. Is that okay, then?

No. Not at all. I don't like the guy but I have no evidence of him killing anyone. Maybe he did maybe he didn't we don't know.

What Go did was the twitter equivalent of tossing trash on Dalton's lawn.

After reading through this thread this about sums it up for me. With that being said and with Go being a Palmer-defender so to speak, to me that makes it all the more odd that he thought that was cool to do. Idk just my opinion but didn't see the sense in tweeting it to Dalton's twitter with 'the truth' crap attached. If you feel that way post it on your personal page or share it with your friends or crap, even post about it here if you must. But ya, doing it that way was really not much different than the trash on the lawn CP got.

I'm sure Andy's going to cry himself to sleep on his soon to be bed of money. Cmon guys. I highly doubt he saw that tweet directed to him amidst all the other shitty tweets directed to him. Blowing this way out of fucking proportion. I just signed up for twitter yesterday. Or the day before. I'm gonna tweet something mean to him and see if he gives me a response.

I'm sure Andy's going to cry himself to sleep on his soon to be bed of money. Cmon guys. I highly doubt he saw that tweet directed to him amidst all the other shitty tweets directed to him. Blowing this way out of fucking proportion. I just signed up for twitter yesterday. Or the day before. I'm gonna tweet something mean to him and see if he gives me a response.

He notices. I mean if I was in the same position he is I would look to see what people say about me. I just don't think it's cool to shit on the starting qb of my favorite team. I never was a kitna fan but I wanted him to succeed because he was with my team.

He notices. I mean if I was in the same position he is I would look to see what people say about me. I just don't think it's cool to shit on the starting qb of my favorite team. I never was a kitna fan but I wanted him to succeed because he was with my team.

If he notices, he better fuckin respond then.

I mean, I did put a #jk at the end of it :ninja:

If he notices, he better fuckin respond then.

I mean, I did put a #jk at the end of it :ninja:

I hope he does respond. I hope he come in this season with a chip eon his shoulder. Maybe needing to prove something. I think that Hue will breathe some new life in to this offense. I for one was not satisfied with Gruden's pass happy offense. We are in the toughest division in the league. We have to run the ball well.

At the end of the day, we all want Dalton to perform well. Poop on whomever (BAB, looking in your direction) that says that the supposed "meme" of "well, the team didn't play well!" isn't true, because it is absolutely true. Whether it's Marvin's or Gruden's fault, whatever, don't care, we got away from what got us there in the first place (strong defense, strong running game, surprise passing attack).

Archived