Banners at Training Camp

I don't expect more from our 2nd round pick QB making pennies. Now if he signs a massive contract extension then my expectations will rise much much more. I'm not disappointed in his first 3 seasons. He's done more than 98% of the QBs in the NFL over their first 3 seasons. I've also noticed improvement in him each year too. He is not some savior that can do no wrong in my eye, but he's a lot better than a lot of people give him credit for.

well said

I think it's kind of pathetic that this was the story on the opening day of camp & kind of lame that it's now associated with this site. 

It's not associated with this site in any way other than someone saw it and retweeted it. That's how news works.

I think it's a reminder to the powers that be that a great number of fans are not content with Dalton's play, just in case they got siloed in their thinking and started to think otherwise.That probably wasn't the case, they know Dalton has severe limitations as a QB as well as we do, but I hope it makes them think twice before they sign him long term.

It's not associated with this site in any way other than someone saw it and retweeted it. That's how news works.

I think it's a reminder to the powers that be that a great number of fans are not content with Dalton's play, just in case they got siloed in their thinking and started to think otherwise.That probably wasn't the case, they know Dalton has severe limitations as a QB as well as we do, but I hope it makes them think twice before they sign him long term.

Whereas, I think it's an indication that some fans are complete idiots, and have severe levels of stupid coursing through their veins.

i doNOT condone that... what happens on the field stays there, fucking with peoples homes and family is off limits 10000%. as much as i dislike Dalton, i would never, EVER say anything to his wife or in front of his kids, that shit isnt cool.

furthermore people dont take jest very well on here or twitter i guess, i mean its spray paint on what appears to be white sheets... how serious can you take it?

i just fear what the season holds...

I think a few folks are slightly peeved because you tweeted that in a way that associates the community with that message. And not everyone agrees with that message.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to this season because I think the team finally demonstrates that they don't deserve all the nay-saying that has been happening the past few years, despite their real forward-moving success. This has been, and is, a good team. And I think they have what it takes to meet the real challenges of a slightly tougher schedule as well as give some comeuppance to those who talk shit because they don't understand how a process works.

OK, so we've determined that you have no idea what "news" means.  Hint; it has nothing to do with "retweeting".  FFS.

Yes, I am sure they will reconsider after reading the concise, well-reasoned arguments of "The Dalten Sux" and "Cooter 4 HoF hurrdurrdurr" spraypainted on a stained bedsheet.  Food for thought, indeed.

Whereas, I think it's an indication that some fans are complete idiots, and have severe levels of stupid coursing through their veins.

And I would bet the team takes it that way as well. 

OK, so we've determined that you have no idea what "news" means.  Hint; it has nothing to do with "retweeting".  FFS.

Its absolutely news. The fans greeted the team on the first day of training camp with disgust over Andy Dalton. It probably led or was near the top of every segment about the Bengals Training camp.

Its absolutely news. The fans greeted the team on the first day of training camp with disgust over Andy Dalton. It probably led or was near the top of every segment about the Bengals Training camp.

Some idiot fans put up some stupid shit, but the fans that were there cheered Andy.  That's how he was greeted.

And that's incredibly pathetic & I'm embarrassed to have been unwittingly associated with such ignorant buffoonery.

And that's incredibly pathetic & I'm embarrassed to have been unwittingly associated with such ignorant buffoonery.

No one here made the banners. A picture was simply tweeted. Unless I am missing something I don't see the outrage. I know we have a tendency to push the outrage button quickly as a society anymore but this seems over the top.

Yes, I am sure they will reconsider after reading the concise, well-reasoned arguments of "The Dalten Sux" and "Cooter 4 HoF hurrdurrdurr" spraypainted on a stained bedsheet.  Food for thought, indeed.

The point is that there is a very large segment of the Bengal fan base, if not the majority, that don't want him signed long term. If this was a no brainer deal there wouldn't be signs hanging from the bridge on Day 1 of camp. No one is calling for Brock Osweiler to take over in Denver or even Chase Daniel in Kansas City. Organizations are odd birds and once momentum starts going down a thought track sometimes they ignore some realities chalking them up as just noise. This is tough to ignore as it, I am sure, was everywhere.

The worst part of this IMO is the indication of how the season is going to play out, with media and a large number of "fans" salivating at the thought of Dalton throwing his first INT of the year.   I used to think there were a lot of people who expected the team to fail, but now I suspect that it's not only expectation but desire. None of them will ever admit to that, of course, but reading between the lines you can tell that deep down, it's what they really want, and the sports hacks of the world are more than happy to feed into all that.

With so many people expecting Dalton to fail it will be a miracle if he somehow doesn't. 

The point is that there is a very large segment of the Bengal fan base, if not the majority, that don't want him signed long term. If this was a no brainer deal there wouldn't be signs hanging from the bridge on Day 1 of camp. No one is calling for Brock Osweiler to take over in Denver or even Chase Daniel in Kansas City. Organizations are odd birds and once momentum starts going down a thought track sometimes they ignore some realities chalking them up as just noise. This is tough to ignore as it, I am sure, was everywhere.

If some bedsheet hanging off a bridge is what informs the decisions of an NFL franchise than they deserve failure every bit as much as the fans who put it there and support it.

I hate to admit it, but there's a part of me at this point that hopes we have to start Cooter McCarron just to shut all this dumb shit up for good.  Then the rational mind takes over and I go back to expecting Dalton to continue to improve on his record-breaking career because I know all those "fans" will disappear, just like they did when we were winning last year.

This shit honestly makes me embarrassed to call myself a Bengals fan today to be associated with fucking stupidity such as this and that's just sad.

I cringe at the thought that if Andy goes down and people go all Cleveland cheering him being carted off the field.

Archived