R.I.P. Robin Williams

Elflocko

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/robin-williams-had-serious-money-troubles-in-months-before-his-death-claims-friend-was-the-pressure-too-much/

According to a family friend who had spoken to Williams recently, “All he could talk about were serious money troubles. There were clearly other issues going on and Robin sounded distant during the telephone conversation. Robin was known for being so generous to his friends and family during the height of his success, and would help anyone out that needed it.”

“There was also frustration that Robin expressed at having to take television and movie roles he didn’t want to take, but had to for the paycheck,” the source said, referencing his recently announced decision to film Mrs. Doubtfire 2. “Doing sequels was never Robin’s thing, and he wasn’t that excited at having to reprise the role of Mrs. Doubtfire, which was scheduled to start filming later this year.”

Robin Williams was one of my all time favorites... this is from another one of my favorites, and seems fitting;

If by chance some day you're not feeling well and you should remember some silly thing I've said or done and it brings back a smile to your face or a chuckle to your heart, then my purpose as your clown has been fulfilled.

Red Skelton

williams-12-Actor-Robin-Williams-poses-w

The victims he left behind,  his wife Susan and Daughter Zelda

Lets try the word survivor. 

:25:  :25:  :25:  :25: R. I. P.  Robin Williams :25:  :25:  :25:  :25:

I truly hope that his soul has finally found rest.   Humbling thing that we talk all about our  trite problems and issues, and we constantly fail to understand that there is always something or someone that has it worse than you.   Then we we learn of deaths like this, when the person is clearly taken well before his/her time, and once again we have to relive the lesson to always live for today and constantly seek love, happiness, and acceptance.

So many of us just clam up and suffer in silence.  You are not a pussy if you decide to make you problems public.  Get help, even if it seems likes it will be vanquished on your own, because ultimately you will not.

Great post

Fuck you Robin Williams,   you took your life and caused your loved ones to suffer but not only that you didn't even have the decency to do it outside of the home your family has to live in,  you did it in a place that your wife would find your body and compounding her suffering,  you did it without caring that someone had to clean the bodily fluids that leave your body after you die

Total disregard for your loved ones

That's like blaming someone for dying of Cancer. Have some empathy please. 

I saw this comment on FB today from one of my friends:

a "celebrity" who pretended to be other people and made uddels upon uddels of cash! Who was the last US Combat soldier to be killed defending us? Who was the last fire fighter to be killed saving some poor child in a house fire? Who was the last cop killed protecting us? Who was the last border agent to be killed trying to keep us safe? Yes, the problems will still be here tomorrow, perhaps it is because we spend too much time being concerned with "celebrity" rather then what matters! I am not disparaging the person himself, however I can based upon him taking his own life which is no call for celebration or morning, what I am saying is this. There are real hero's killed and dying every day, yet everything stops for 1 pretender who offed himself and that makes me sick and is why "I don't give a shit!"

And this: 

I am not disparaging the man and I am not saying he was not funny or did not make us laugh. Personally, I never really found him funny or entertaining. What I am saying is now the round the clock coverage, the news stations outside of his house, the barrage of fake sentiment. His death, while tragic for some, means diddly to the life of millions and does not warrant the attention it gets, the same with any celebrity that dies, especially one that does it to himself. We spend way too much time as a society being concerned with celebrity and not what matters, which is why this country is in the current state it is!

I would un-friend that person. Or ask them why they were not on their soapbox until Robin Williams died. Don't use his death as an agenda.

I thought Williams was well known to have been suffering from Bipolar disorder but it looks like he never discussed it so that might just be an assumption. Many Bipolar sufferers will cite their mania as a time when they are most creative. As many have said when he felt the best he was probably at his most creative and then never believed that he was as great as we all thought he was. An impostor. It's a horrible loss. As other's have said, get help if you are down. There are tons of options for you to find someone to talk to. 

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2014/08/11/robin-williams-bipolar-sufferer-dead-at-63-due-to-suicide/

"Suicide is an insidious choice due to the lies that depression tells us. When a person is suffering from severe depression, as apparently Williams was, it can tell that person, “Hey, you’d be better off dead. Life isn’t going to get any better.”

And sadly, sometimes people listen. Even brilliant, accomplished individuals such as Robin Williams."

Every post here is of value. These are the things that enter your brain and spew upon the forum. It's an outlet and you all are using it as a way of coping with your inner feelings.

Remember that most people get hit with depression at one time or another. Recognize these issues and acknowledge them.

If, in Robin Williams passing we learn one thing, let that one thing be how to communicate with one another.

Thanks to each and every one of you guys for just simply being there.

I would un-friend that person. Or ask them why they were not on their soapbox until Robin Williams died. Don't use his death as an agenda.

Not to make this political, but it was someone I used to work with, and have used as a reference from time to time, and can't stand Obama and never has, but I am staying out of this one.  

He is against entertainment in general, going as far as calling any actor a "court jester" and saying they are overpaid.  

Ironically, he served in the military for a long time, and is now in the sales industry. He has yet to say that Robin Williams went to visit the troops, a lot. 

With one of my brothers I've had to deal with a cycle of suicide attempt, garner sympathy, things start to get back to normal, bam! another suicide attempt.  The attempts were pretty feeble and not meant to actually do himself in.  This pretty much eroded our mother, who was never really in a position to break the cycle of manipulation.

So I have a difficult time not becoming angry when I hear about people who off themselves -- they end up getting (probably unfairly) lumped together with my brother, who has always been a tremendous dick.  I suppose Robin Williams' situation is different as he accomplished what my brother never meant to do.

Not to make this political, but it was someone I used to work with, and have used as a reference from time to time, and can't stand Obama and never has, but I am staying out of this one.  

He is against entertainment in general, going as far as calling any actor a "court jester" and saying they are overpaid.  

Ironically, he served in the military for a long time, and is now in the sales industry. He has yet to say that Robin Williams went to visit the troops, a lot. 

Remind him :)

With one of my brothers I've had to deal with a cycle of suicide attempt, garner sympathy, things start to get back to normal, bam! another suicide attempt.  The attempts were pretty feeble and not meant to actually do himself in.  This pretty much eroded our mother, who was never really in a position to break the cycle of manipulation.

So I have a difficult time not becoming angry when I hear about people who off themselves -- they end up getting (probably unfairly) lumped together with my brother, who has always been a tremendous dick.  I suppose Robin Williams' situation is different as he accomplished what my brother never meant to do.

I wouldn't ignore why your brother might be being "a tremendous dick". The cycle you are talking about seems to be a cry for help. 

It wouldn't matter....a few people have gone off on him and he hasn't budged.  

I hate those political things. 

Truly sucks.. Loved the dude, he was a true talent.

RIP 

He was impossible to not like. It's amazing that there are people like that who believe they have such little worth, or are in so much pain internally that they want to end it. 

I saw this comment on FB today from one of my friends:

a "celebrity" who pretended to be other people and made uddels upon uddels of cash! Who was the last US Combat soldier to be killed defending us? Who was the last fire fighter to be killed saving some poor child in a house fire? Who was the last cop killed protecting us? Who was the last border agent to be killed trying to keep us safe? Yes, the problems will still be here tomorrow, perhaps it is because we spend too much time being concerned with "celebrity" rather then what matters! I am not disparaging the person himself, however I can based upon him taking his own life which is no call for celebration or morning, what I am saying is this. There are real hero's killed and dying every day, yet everything stops for 1 pretender who offed himself and that makes me sick and is why "I don't give a shit!"

And this: 

I am not disparaging the man and I am not saying he was not funny or did not make us laugh. Personally, I never really found him funny or entertaining. What I am saying is now the round the clock coverage, the news stations outside of his house, the barrage of fake sentiment. His death, while tragic for some, means diddly to the life of millions and does not warrant the attention it gets, the same with any celebrity that dies, especially one that does it to himself. We spend way too much time as a society being concerned with celebrity and not what matters, which is why this country is in the current state it is!

Your friend is absolutely correct in one aspect of his posting, there are men and women out there everyday protecting us that die and never get a second of air time from it and never get a tear from any of us. No mention is a shame, not getting a tear is a whole different story. These men and women are faceless to us. It's impossible to find tears for someone you have never met. That doesn't mean that we feel absolutely nothing about it though. It really is sad to hear. I know that this person would argue that none of us have ever met Robin Williams, but that isn't true. Robin Williams weaved his way into our lives over the years with his movies and stand up shows. He's been a face and source of our entertainment for over 30 years. A lot of us have grown up watching him. A lot of us were there when he first arrived on Happy Days, and he's been with us ever since. Does his death touch my life personally? Not at all. No more or less than the faceless men and women protecting us. But we have a history with him and it's just sad to think that someone that put so many smiles on our faces, and made us laugh at a time when we were feeling down, is suddenly gone, and the cause of his death is that he wasn't able to take the smile he gave us and give it back to himself. What a real shame.

MULLY

Your friend is absolutely correct in one aspect of his posting, there are men and women out there everyday protecting us that die and never get a second of air time from it and never get a tear from any of us. No mention is a shame, not getting a tear is a whole different story. These men and women are faceless to us. It's impossible to find tears for someone you have never met. That doesn't mean that we feel absolutely nothing about it though. It really is sad to hear. I know that this person would argue that none of us have ever met Robin Williams, but that isn't true. Robin Williams weaved his way into our lives over the years with his movies and stand up shows. He's been a face and source of our entertainment for over 30 years. A lot of us have grown up watching him. A lot of us were there when he first arrived on Happy Days, and he's been with us ever since. Does his death touch my life personally? Not at all. No more or less than the faceless men and women protecting us. But we have a history with him and it's just sad to think that someone that put so many smiles on our faces, and made us laugh at a time when we were feeling down, is suddenly gone, and the cause of his death is that he wasn't able to take the smile he gave us and give it back to himself. What a real shame.
MULLY

+1 again man. You are a great voice of reason !

I'm a veteran and while what that poster's friend said is mostly true, one difference is that in an ideal world, the citizen soldier of the United States does not seek for him or herself glory, fortune or fame, as they volunteered....only to do the task assigned to them without getting themselves or their compadres killed in the process.

It seems silly to me to rail against something that has always been true in this nation...being shocked at someone famous, rich, powerful, etc dying in an untimely fashion. This has been true before television (Lincoln) and it will continue to be true throughout our entire history.

Don't know why dude is having a hard time grokking that. It just is what it is. 

I'm a veteran and while what that poster's friend said is mostly true, one difference is that in an ideal world, the citizen soldier of the United States does not seek for him or herself glory, fortune or fame, as they volunteered....only to do the task assigned to them without getting themselves or their compadres killed in the process.

It seems silly to me to rail against something that has always been true in this nation...being shocked at someone famous, rich, powerful, etc dying in an untimely fashion. This has been true before television (Lincoln) and it will continue to be true throughout our entire history.

Don't know why dude is having a hard time grokking that. It just is what it is. 

He is against the entire entertainment industry, always has been.  

So here's a different take on everything. While I do think robin Williams made a choice and a decision, I also understand how powerful mental illness can be and don't feel like I can judge him for his actions. And I don't think it is necessarily wrong for people to rememebr him for the good and not focus on the bad of how he went out.

With that being said, if there are young and impressionable people out there, how does this help suicide prevention? The media and everyone is immortalizing a guy and almost making it seem like it's okay that he killed himself. If I was a young inpressionable person debating suicide, I feel like this would almost further encourage me to do it instead of the reverse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting that on robin Williams, but more the media and society.

For example, the academy's Twitter feed showed a picture of he genie from Alladin saying "our genie, you are free". In a way isn't that saying by killing himself he is now free? Once again if you have someone contemplating suicide and have people out there saying others that did it were freed. Doesn't that encourage someone with issues to do the same thing to free themselves?

Just a few thoughts. Not meant to hate on robin or anything or blame him. Just somethig to consider, are we putting lives in danger by immortalizing and sympathizing with people that kill themselves?

So here's a different take on everything. While I do think robin Williams made a choice and a decision, I also understand how powerful mental illness can be and don't feel like I can judge him for his actions. And I don't think it is necessarily wrong for people to rememebr him for the good and not focus on the bad of how he went out.

With that being said, if there are young and impressionable people out there, how does this help suicide prevention? The media and everyone is immortalizing a guy and almost making it seem like it's okay that he killed himself. If I was a young inpressionable person debating suicide, I feel like this would almost further encourage me to do it instead of the reverse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not putting that on robin Williams, but more the media and society.

For example, the academy's Twitter feed showed a picture of he genie from Alladin saying "our genie, you are free". In a way isn't that saying by killing himself he is now free? Once again if you have someone contemplating suicide and have people out there saying others that did it were freed. Doesn't that encourage someone with issues to do the same thing to free themselves?

Just a few thoughts. Not meant to hate on robin or anything or blame him. Just somethig to consider, are we putting lives in danger by immortalizing and sympathizing with people that kill themselves?

This is 100% correct. 

If a death like this happens at a University one of the first things that is taught is to remember them without doing exactly what you said. Don't ignore the pain the death caused and what not. Don't hold vigils etc. For the exact reasons you say. 

I said something similar when Tony Dungy's kid passed. By glorifying the person it does seem that there is a certain amount of glorifying the act as seen through the eyes of a child or person not in their right mind. IMHO.

The big thing IMHO is to talk about it. Acknowledge the fact that it was suicide and discuss the inner feelings on the matter. I just don't see a need to wear things like armbands or have a moment of silence to commemorate / glorify the incident or person. I think we have to look at this through a different set of lenses to try to understand what another person who might not be stable enough to understand.

I just think the media should try to find a different way to approach the subject while paying their respects and not speaking ill of the dead, while also bringing awareness to the overall issue.

For example, maybe they should have an anti suicide PSA ready to go at all times. Then whenever something like this happens, as they are covering it, play the PSA regularly so that if there are people watching it that are contemplating suicide, maybe the PSA will help?

Instead they air like 2 hour specials of all his greatest tv and cinema moments...

http://variety.com/2014/biz/news/robin-williams-was-in-early-stages-of-parkinsons-disease-says-wife-1201283014/

Robin Williams was in the early stages of Parkinson’s Disease at the time of his death, according to his wife Susan Schneider in a new statement.

“Robin’s sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson’s Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.”

I just think the media should try to find a different way to approach the subject while paying their respects and not speaking ill of the dead, while also bringing awareness to the overall issue.

For example, maybe they should have an anti suicide PSA ready to go at all times. Then whenever something like this happens, as they are covering it, play the PSA regularly so that if there are people watching it that are contemplating suicide, maybe the PSA will help?

Instead they air like 2 hour specials of all his greatest tv and cinema moments...

Unfortunately the media doesn't care. Your idea would be great

Archived