R.I.P. Robin Williams

Elflocko

are they saying he hung himself?

Well, initial reports are saying the coroner is ruling it a suicide for now and "death by asphyxia". That pretty much says hanging. What a bummer.

Guys, depression is a bitch. If you're suffering from it, get help. This life of ours is short enough without taking yourself out of the game early.

MULLY

Well, initial reports are saying the coroner is ruling it a suicide for now and "death by asphyxia". That pretty much says hanging. What a bummer.

Guys, depression is a bitch. If you're suffering from it, get help. This life of ours is short enough without taking yourself out of the game early.

MULLY

Could also possibly mean that he asphyxiated himself with car exhaust too.

Could also possibly mean that he asphyxiated himself with car exhaust too.

Possible, but I thought they said he was found in the house. I guess you could technically say the garage is part of the house. Also, curious how long it would take to die like that. It said somewhere that he was last seen alive around 10:00 and paramedics were called around 11.
MULLY

Possible, but I thought they said he was found in the house. I guess you could technically say the garage is part of the house. Also, curious how long it would take to die like that. It said somewhere that he was last seen alive around 10:00 and paramedics were called around 11.
MULLY

Just speculating. I think the 911 call came in at 11:55 and like you said, he was last seen alive at around 10:00. Still, dead is dead, but damn...can't imagine hanging myself. Not the most pleasant way to kill yourself I would imagine. The car exhaust or a gun would be less painful and scary I would guess.

This whole thing sucks. I loved the guy. Here's something he did after Obama got elected that I really liked...he has some great lines in there, especially about gun racks on a Volvo and about John McCain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s13I5y1VKos

:25:  :25:  :25:  :25: R. I. P.  Robin Williams :25:  :25:  :25:  :25:

I truly hope that his soul has finally found rest.   Humbling thing that we talk all about our  trite problems and issues, and we constantly fail to understand that there is always something or someone that has it worse than you.   Then we we learn of deaths like this, when the person is clearly taken well before his/her time, and once again we have to relive the lesson to always live for today and constantly seek love, happiness, and acceptance.

So many of us just clam up and suffer in silence.  You are not a pussy if you decide to make you problems public.  Get help, even if it seems likes it will be vanquished on your own, because ultimately you will not.

Fuck you Robin Williams,   you took your life and caused your loved ones to suffer but not only that you didn't even have the decency to do it outside of the home your family has to live in,  you did it in a place that your wife would find your body and compounding her suffering,  you did it without caring that someone had to clean the bodily fluids that leave your body after you die

Total disregard for your loved ones

Fuck you Robin Williams,   you took your life and caused your loved ones to suffer but not only that you didn't even have the decency to do it outside of the home your family has to live in,  you did it in a place that your wife would find your body and compounding her suffering,  you did it without caring that someone had to clean the bodily fluids that leave your body after you die

I understand people feel this way about those who take their lives, but having family that have severe depression problems you arent in your right mind. I wont judge him for it. Its tragic for everyone involved. 

I don't think this is really fair, and I'll explain so it doesn't look like I'm trashing you. Humans are creatures that are built to survive. We will do anything to avoid death, it's a natural instinct. For someone to be in a position that they are actually able to take their own life they have to be so fucked up in the head that we will never be able to understand it. They've gone beyond the point of survival instincts. Who knows, when someone hangs themselves, after the kick the chair out or what have you, there has to be a moment of your instincts kicking in and letting you know that you fucked up. Regardless, if someone does this, it's not fair to say they are careless. They have reached their limit. May he rest in peace.

MULLY

I don't think this is really fair, and I'll explain so it doesn't look like I'm trashing you. Humans are creatures that are built to survive. We will do anything to avoid death, it's a natural instinct. For someone to be in a position that they are actually able to take their own life they have to be so fucked up in the head that we will never be able to understand it. They've gone beyond the point of survival instincts. Who knows, when someone hangs themselves, after the kick the chair out or what have you, there has to be a moment of your instincts kicking in and letting you know that you fucked up. Regardless, if someone does this, it's not fair to say they are careless. They have reached their limit. May he rest in peace.

MULLY

Nice post!

RIP Mork

You should have more respect for the dead, regardless of how they died.

You don't know what type of problems Robin had to deal with on a day to day basis so for you to judge him as if you have a clue is just stupid and reckless. 

I saw this comment on FB today from one of my friends:

a "celebrity" who pretended to be other people and made uddels upon uddels of cash! Who was the last US Combat soldier to be killed defending us? Who was the last fire fighter to be killed saving some poor child in a house fire? Who was the last cop killed protecting us? Who was the last border agent to be killed trying to keep us safe? Yes, the problems will still be here tomorrow, perhaps it is because we spend too much time being concerned with "celebrity" rather then what matters! I am not disparaging the person himself, however I can based upon him taking his own life which is no call for celebration or morning, what I am saying is this. There are real hero's killed and dying every day, yet everything stops for 1 pretender who offed himself and that makes me sick and is why "I don't give a shit!"

And this: 

I am not disparaging the man and I am not saying he was not funny or did not make us laugh. Personally, I never really found him funny or entertaining. What I am saying is now the round the clock coverage, the news stations outside of his house, the barrage of fake sentiment. His death, while tragic for some, means diddly to the life of millions and does not warrant the attention it gets, the same with any celebrity that dies, especially one that does it to himself. We spend way too much time as a society being concerned with celebrity and not what matters, which is why this country is in the current state it is!

MULLY

Along those lines:

Why funny people kill themselves

Archived