Interim Commissioner (Poll)  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Succeed Roger Goodell As Interim Commish When He Is Fired?

• JAMES DELANY - Current Big Ten Commissioner
    • DAVE GARDI - Current NFL Senior VP of Football Operations
    • GREGG LEVY - Runner-up in 2006 Commish balloting to Goodell
    • DAN ROONEY - Co-chair of the 2006 Selection Committee, Stealers Owner
    • JERRY RICHARDSON - Co-chair of the 2006 Selection Committee, Panthers Owner
    • DON SHULA - HOF Coach and Former Chair of the NFL Competition Committee
    • PAUL TAGLIABUE - Previous Commish
    • PETER UBERROTH - Former MLB Commissioner and USOC Chairman
    • OTHER (Specify)

Ok just making sure, I thought I might have missed something.

I think Rice is a likely choice, but do we want a Browns fan in charge?

:ninja:

Well, after a decade with a Steelers' fan running things, I'm certain even having a Browns fan in charge would be an improvement - it's all a matter of perspective.

Excellent choice!  I hadn't thought of her, she's perfect for the job and it's one she's always wanted.

For the purposes of this thread, yes we are.

It's funny, it popped in my head last night, and I have heard a few media guys saying it since I posted that.. Of course it does make perfect sense so I can't take any credit for an original thought. I think it would be great, especially considering that it will be a scandal involving domestic violence that forced the change.  A powerful, competent woman who is not only a football fan but has openly stated this is a life long dream of hers.

Condi Rice has been grossly incompetent at every job she's ever held, and she has a long history of lying to the press about every important issue.

She'd be perfect.

Best, as a woman she'd only make 70% of the 44 million dollar salary that Goodell pulled in.

Nonsense.  Just because she didn't do what YOU wanted her to do doesn't mean she didn't do EXACTLY what was expected of her.

I appreciate the vote of confidence.  I have overseen the growth of the Miami Valley Football League from its humble origins as Ohio's Premiere fantasy football league in 1989, to it's explosive growth throughout the 90's - when it captured the first ever and only International Fantasy Football Championship *and* the first of three American Fantasy Football Championships in 1994 - through contraction, bountygate, steroids, the dot-com crash, and Obamacare.  I have served two stints as Commissioner over these past 26 years, and think I've done a pretty decent job.  None of our owners have beaten their wives, taken PEDs, have issues with alcohol, etc.

Nevertheless, I fucking HATE New York City.  Unless the NFL agrees to move the league offices to someplace more hospitable to those who aren't into drug use or gang banging, I will have to pass.  I'm a father first, there's no way I would throw my son's life away just for a huge salary.

LT, however, is childless.  So I throw my candidacy and my electors behind him.

Which poster would make the best Commissioner ?

One vote for LT. Half vote for Amish.

I will take the job for 1/8 Rog's salary.  I will cheat like a motherfucker for the Bengals.  I base my platform for election on the following:

Each player must sign a release before ever stepping foot on field... they know what they are getting into and they are paid handsomely for it.

I will make the initial ruling on suspensions, but an appeal will be heard by someone else.  Fuck me... anyone else other than the person that made the decision to begin with... holy shit that is stupid.

Condi Rice has been grossly incompetent at every job she's ever held, and she has a long history of lying to the press about every important issue.

She'd be perfect.

Best, as a woman she'd only make 70% of the 44 million dollar salary that Goodell pulled in.

Wow, those are some fascinating liberal talking points. I loved all the actual detail and facts and logic and reasoning you used in your argument.

Oh wait.....you just did the typical "let me claim slanderous things as a matter of fact, and if you disagree then you're an idiot"

Disappointing post.

Archived