Official game day thread: Titans at Bengals

Why wasn't there a 0:10 runoff after Oher's penalty?

Never mind...

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/timingfinal

Timing in Final Two Minutes of Each Half

On kickoff, clock does not start until the ball has been legally touched by player of either team in the field of play. (In all other cases, clock starts with kickoff.)

A team cannot buy an excess time out for a penalty. However, a fourth time out is allowed without penalty for an injured player, who must be removed immediately. A fifth time out or more is allowed for an injury and a five-yard penalty is assessed if the clock was running. Additionally, if the clock was running and the score is tied or the team in possession is losing, the ball cannot be put in play for at least 10 seconds on the fourth or more time out. The half or game can end while those 10 seconds are run off on the clock.

If the defensive team is behind in the score and commits a foul when it has no time outs left in the final 40 seconds of either half, the offensive team can decline the penalty for the foul and have the time on the clock expire.

Fouls that occur in the last five minutes of the fourth quarter as well as the last two minutes of the first half will result in the clock starting on the snap.

Halftime observations...

Pacman is has missed a couple tackles, but Leon Hall is having a nice game.

Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard were on the field together for at least one play. I think that is a look that will cause D-Coordinators nightmares over the next couple years.

The next time I hear the color guy say "Bangles" I'm gonna fucking scream. Literally. Oh, and by the way, dumbass, the hold wasn't committed against Margus Hunt. To miss it live was one thing, but to talk through the slow mo replay and STILL miss it, means you just suck.

I think we'll see very little of A.J. Green in the second half.

Archived