** Anti-Smoking Numbers ** time to not die !

Numbers

I quit smoking 2 weeks ago.  I actually planned for failure by buying a carton the day I quit.  I still have that carton as an expensive memory.  I am still on part one of the quitting program.  No pills for the effort.  Nicotine patches 21mg and Nicotine lozenges for now.

I (yes, I'm going to have lots of I's in this conversation), am already noticing a lot of things I've failed to realize the last few years....

I actually can breathe clearly now without hacking up a half of a lung.

I smell scents a lot clearer now.  Some of this is a good thing and other smells may not be...

Food tastes better now.  I appreciate the fresh eggs a lot more now.

Do not know if it is a psychological thing or not but I actually believe I have more energy.

There are a few more but these are the ones right off the top of my head.

I still want a smoke when I go to do certain things in the day which traditionally have led me to smoking.  Like almost everything.   Getting in a car, finishing a meal, halftime at the game, tailgates, stressed, pain, having a beer (or bourbon), riding around the yard on the lawn mower, waking up, etc...

I me and my is not bitter or angry about quitting or the mere fact I am not smoking.  I know the world hates a quitter but this boy needs to quit this nasty habit.

If the patches and lozenges fail you, try vaping. if you have a "fuck it, I need a cigarette" moment, pick up one of the disposable ones at the convenience store for a quick fix. That kind is by no means the best, or a good indicator of what vaping with a better setup can be, but it will give you an idea. If you decide it's something that might work for you if the patches fail, get two "eGo" style variable volt batteries so you can always have one charged, two or three cheap tanks and a couple of bottles of juice. I recommend Dunhill and Realcig from The Vaping Zone. If you're a menthol smoker, my wife loves Robacco Menthol from Azure Vaping.

I've been vaping over 5 years. I still smoke a little too though. I've just never wanted to quit completely. I went from 2 and a half packs a day for about 30-35 years down to 3 or 4 cigarettes a day with no effort at all. My wife really wanted to quit, so she tried chantix, a few times. Didn't work. I finally got her to try vaping and she quit smoking immediately, been over two years since she had a cigarette. I know a LOT of people who quit by using e-cigs. The thing is, you can get juice in different nicotine strengths. Most people start with higher strength and ween themselves down with lower and lower strengths, then many people quit completely. Some people continue to vape with zero nicotine juice just to satisfy the hand to mouth habit, and because they find a juice flavor they really like.

Good luck, Numbers.  Where I live, there's a smoking ban in restaurants. The other day I went to a bar where smoking is allowed and damn, what a difference.  I don't understand how people don't notice it.

Since you're taking away from Kentucky's tobacco economy by quitting, I suggest buying more bourbon, lol.

You could start growing tomacco if your nic fits get to be too much.

[attachment=1527:tomacco.jpg]

Good luck, numbers! It's been 10 years for me (not counting getting addicted to the nicotine lozenges, lol) and it's the hardest thing I've ever done. If you truly want to quit for good, you'll eventually have to forgo nicotine entirely. The hardest part is training your brain how to function without it...

If the patches and lozenges fail you, try vaping. if you have a "fuck it, I need a cigarette" moment, pick up one of the disposable ones at the convenience store for a quick fix. That kind is by no means the best, or a good indicator of what vaping with a better setup can be, but it will give you an idea. If you decide it's something that might work for you if the patches fail, get two "eGo" style variable volt batteries so you can always have one charged, two or three cheap tanks and a couple of bottles of juice. I recommend Dunhill and Realcig from The Vaping Zone. If you're a menthol smoker, my wife loves Robacco Menthol from Azure Vaping.

I've been vaping over 5 years. I still smoke a little too though. I've just never wanted to quit completely. I went from 2 and a half packs a day for about 30-35 years down to 3 or 4 cigarettes a day with no effort at all. My wife really wanted to quit, so she tried chantix, a few times. Didn't work. I finally got her to try vaping and she quit smoking immediately, been over two years since she had a cigarette. I know a LOT of people who quit by using e-cigs. The thing is, you can get juice in different nicotine strengths. Most people start with higher strength and ween themselves down with lower and lower strengths, then many people quit completely. Some people continue to vape with zero nicotine juice just to satisfy the hand to mouth habit, and because they find a juice flavor they really like.

I've been vaping for a couple of years. Haven't smoked or used chewing tobacco a single time since I started vaping, and I honestly never have a desire to either.

I have two eGo batteries (fixed voltage), use an Evod tank, and some juice I buy from VaporCast.

I've tried vaping before. May work for some but failed for me.

I still support the tobacco companies and the right to choose which way a person can die. I am just not buying their products. Bourbon on the other hand, you could say I am invested.

Nicotine lozenges are a helpful addition to my quitting smoking toolbox. I carry them like I would the cigarettes. The dreams are also pretty psychedelic and not in a bad way.

I'm surviving but it is the hardest thing I've ever done. In other words, I understand what Elf said.

is there something else you can put in your mouth? (lol)

i have been chewing honey sticks, they have them at sprouts, 3/$1 local organic honey in a straw, chew the end open and eat the honey little by little..

healthy and may help the oral fixation(lol)

never smoked cigs so i don't have much helpful advice, just tossing ideas...

just don't get fat... being fat sucks..

Just saw this thread. As Go mentioned Numbers I quit a year ago and never felt better. I am 38 and I can actually breath and smell things way better than I used to. Also I don't smell like a fucking ashtray. I smoked about close to a pack a day since I was 17. Worst fucking habit I ever picked. But good luck brother and hope you stay strong. 

I veped for about 4-5 months. I felt like that shit was worse because it doesn't feel like you're actually smoking so you smoke it more but it helped me for sure. 

i have been chewing honey sticks, they have them at sprouts, 3/$1 local organic honey in a straw, chew the end open and eat the honey little by little..

Try toothpicks

I couldn't smoke now even if I tried. Impossible to smoke while laughing. Thanks for the humor.

Try toothpicks

Used to have toothpicks all the time. However, after seeing a guy have to undergo surgery to remove one, I haven't done it since. I have been using nicotine lozenges as a fix for now. The cravings are lessening somewhat but are still there. I have a long way to go.

Used to have toothpicks all the time. However, after seeing a guy have to undergo surgery to remove one, I haven't done it since. I have been using nicotine lozenges as a fix for now. The cravings are lessening somewhat but are still there. I have a long way to go.

dare I ask where you needed to have a toothpick surgically removed from???? :)

Just saw this thread, good going Numbers.  After my first few yrs of college, I started smoking cigs which is pretty wild for me as I played 3 sports in HS and still play basketball twice a week even to this day.  So it didn't really mesh with my lifestyle in that regard, but it did with a different lifestyle I was taking on at that time....needless to say, I became addicted like crazy and realized my stamina in sports was ever decreasing, I couldn't breath properly, couldn't taste foods, smell foods, etc....  Luckily for me, Ramadan was coming up and I was able to quit while performing my fasts during the daylight hours.  I figured if I;m not going to be smoking during daylight in Ramadan, which lasts for 30 full days, why smoke at night.  Needless to say, it was much more difficult than I thought it would be but thank God I was able to quit after a week or so.  Best decision of my life......well, one of them anyways.  

Keep it up, I'm sure it's extremely difficult but so worth it.  Cigarettes.....where you pay billionaires money for them to kill you slowly.  And willingly, on both sides.  

• 7 months later...
Update... I'm still not smoking and I'm over the bitterness I thought I wouldn't have. I gained about 12 pounds and I'm holding steady with no increased weight. I am also over the sugar craving. Apparently smoking elevated my sugar levels. I'm not diabetic but certain sugars affect me differently and I'm not sure why.

Otherwise, life is pretty amazing without smoking.

Update... I'm still not smoking and I'm over the bitterness I thought I wouldn't have. I gained about 12 pounds and I'm holding steady with no increased weight. I am also over the sugar craving. Apparently smoking elevated my sugar levels. I'm not diabetic but certain sugars affect me differently and I'm not sure why.

Otherwise, life is pretty amazing without smoking.

Outstanding!

Been there, so I know how hard it was, and like you I never thought I would get to the point where I was glad I had quit. I can't even fathom smoking again...

All that's left now is to become a righteous prick when people smoke around you! 

:ninja:

I'm not sure I could ever be the righteous prick who quit smoking. I'd have to punch my own self in the throat. I tried quitting too many times and obviously failed too many times for that attitude to ever be part of my repertoire.

Archived