Burfict has Knee Surgery

Vontaze Burfict will miss a few weeks after knee scope

Posted by Darin Gantt on October 29, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT

f111023ecfe60127b7ff69d147ecb2c5.jpeg?w=

Getty Images

At this point, Vontaze Burfict being hurt shouldn’t come as a surprise.

The fact it’s a body part other than his head may be.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis told reporters that the middle linebacker had a knee scope today, and would likely miss the next two games. What was thought to be a bruise was revealed to be more extensive damage, so he underwent the procedure.

Burfict has dealt with a string of head and neck injuries this season, leading his coaches to both blame the media for concussion problems lingering and suggesting that he’d have to change his style of play to be more available to them.

When he’s well, he changes the face of their defense. But there’s no way to count on that now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/10/29/vontaze-burfict-will-miss-a-few-weeks-after-knee-scope/

This could be good for him. Give him extra time to heal his head as well. We should be able to go atleast 2-1 these next 3 games if not 3-0.

Every time I see your name in a topic I want to read it.. I guess it's the optimist in me.. You should post more.

2 weeks for a torn meniscus is a bit wishful thinking...

Man, what happened to Vontaze? When did he become Vonglass?
:panicbutton:

Not sure what exactly is entailed with a "knee scope", but I haven't heard it was a torn meniscus. I will be surprised if he is back by the Saints game in any case. 18 days would be a very quick recovery from knee surgery, especially if it is related to a torn meniscus. Hard to trust the team's injury timetables when they are so frequently wrong.

To ever get over the hump they at some point are going to have to be a players in free agency to,no doubt you can build a good team with draft picks,but you're going to have to add the final cog in the wheel with a proven player

You mean like Terrence Newman & Wallace Gilberry?  Or more like James Harrison?

Because beyond that, they can't really control how much airtime ESPN gives their free agent signings.

Archived