Burfict has Knee Surgery

Tez knee scope puts him out of next two; Green to try

Posted 2 minutes ago

hobson60x60.jpg Geoff Hobson Editor Bengals.com 

This one comes under the heading of it’s always something.

On the day wide receiver A.J. Green says he’s going to try and return to practice,  it was announced that their other Pro Bowler, WILL linebacker Vontaze Burfict, is out for at least the next two games after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery Wednesday morning,

That takes him out of the next two games, both at Paul Brown Stadium against the Jaguars on Nov. 2 and the Browns on Nov. 6. Given that the next game is Nov. 16 in New Orleans just 18 days after the scope makes it a tough call, but head coach Marvin Lewis says he has a chance to play against the Saints.

Lewis said at his Wednesday’s news conference that Burfict’s foot got trapped when he was blocked on Sunday’s first series in the win over the Ravens. Lewis indicated an MRI showed floating cartilage that they want to make sure does not go into the joint after what was initially thought to be a bruise.

It’s been an extremely tough year for Burfict after he made his first Pro Bowl last season. The man they call the quarterback of the defense has missed two games and parts of two others with concussions and as well as the last three quarters of the game in Indianapolis with a neck injury.

Green is hopeful but not sure how his big toe is going to respond as he tries to practice for the first time since he re-aggravated it warming up for the Oct. 8 practice three weeks ago.

He did say if he’s cleared to play, it won’t be in limited fashion. And he doesn’t want to wait until the back end of this four-day stretch of two games.

“If I’m healthy, I’m playing,’ he said before practice. “If I’m playing, I’m playing all the snaps. If I’m going, I’m going.”

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Tez-knee-scope-puts-him-out-of-next-two-Green-to-try/d37de19e-41c9-442b-8019-c15f1a34d359

Archived