Andy Dalton is Superman

Uh Oh, GoBengals pointed out some games where Dalton has played poorly. Troll! He clearly doesn't root for the Bengals to win!

What a dumb response. I specifically stated in my post I wasn't trying to be incendiary, its just that the majority of posts I read from him are negative towards Andy Dalton. It's certainly within his right to express those feelings, but its also within mine to simply ask if he actually roots for Dalton to succeed. Its a legitimate question. Dalton is coming off of the game of his life. if you can't say anything positive about him this week, when can you?

Yeah, I agree.  some of the responses to his posts are just, for a lack of a better term, STUPID!  They make no sense.  As a fan, he is allowed to as well as anyone else who wants to, criticize a player when he doesn't perform.  Has absolutely nothing to do w/ wanting the Bengals as a team to fail.  Speaking of fail, what they fail to realize is, if Dalton didn't shit down his leg so frequently, there would never be any of this discussion.  But, because he does more often than many would like, the discussion never goes away.  Question:  Does anyone think there is a meltdown by the fans in Denver this week over Peyton Manning?  Ill answer that for everyone....NO!  Why?  Because Peyton Manning has EARNED the right to shit down his leg.  Dalton has not, I don't give a flying shit how many regular season games they have won w/ him at quarterback.  Its funny how he gets tons of credit for those, but when they lose, he doesn't get nearly the blame by some.  This week, the Dalton talk will subside, because he played very well.  However, if they go down to Houston and poop in their pants, and he is the main reason, the talks will start back up.....AND people have a right to do that.  Posts like the one you responded incite more bullshit on this forum than anything said about Dalton.  Its a shame that no one has realized that yet.   

Another dumb response. Its a fair question, like it or not. He's the QB of the team. Most of us on here have legitimate concerns about his ability to lead this team to a Super Bowl, but most of us on here are also willing to mention his positives and praise his when he does well. I don't see that from Go. That's certainly his right to hate Andy Dalton win or lose, but its a fair question for me to ask whether or not he actually roots for him to succeed. 

What a dumb response. I specifically stated in my post I wasn't trying to be incendiary, its just that the majority of posts I read from him are negative towards Andy Dalton. It's certainly within his right to express those feelings, but its also within mine to simply ask if he actually roots for Dalton to succeed. Its a legitimate question. Dalton is coming off of the game of his life. if you can't say anything positive about him this week, when can you?

I would suggest you read more, He specifically stated he expects us to go 3-0 on this road trip.

I would suggest you read more, He specifically stated he expects us to go 3-0 on this road trip.

And I suggest you comprehend more of what you read. How is expecting a team to win (based upon a favorable schedule) the same as rooting for them to win? I expected Pittsburgh to beat Tennessee last night, but that doesn't mean I wanted them to do so. I asked the question because its hard to fathom that someone who has such deep disdain for a player who touches the ball on every play could simultaneously be rooting for that player (and in effect, the team) to succeed. 

And I suggest you comprehend more of what you read. How is expecting a team to win (based upon a favorable schedule) the same as rooting for them to win? I expected Pittsburgh to beat Tennessee last night, but that doesn't mean I wanted them to do so. I asked the question because its hard to fathom that someone who has such deep disdain for a player who touches the ball on every play could simultaneously be rooting for that player (and in effect, the team) to succeed. 

** edit ... naw not worth my time **

As to the original post, as others pointed out he's played pretty badly in domes too, so I dont think it's the weather. I think it's specifically mental and the desire to show some sort of legitmiticy on a national stage that forces him to do more than he should which is why as Lapham said he tends to "pee down his leg" on those games.

And while were at it I think the whole team has that issue, whether that comes from Mavin or not I'm not sure, I think it's just a thing the players need to figure out individually and as a team.

Game of his life? He threw for a whopping 220 yards, on a whopping 22 attempts.

I'm not saying he didn't play well, but give me a break, he managed the game well, he didn't carry the team to victory.

You can have all the time in the world, it won't make your last post any more logical. 

No you're absolutely right Go roots against Dalton (and as such the Bengals)

And I'M the one who isnt logical. Do you even realize how stupid, how absolutely stupid, that sounds?

I don't know about you but I would buy season tickets, go on multipule road trips over the years, invest in a fan rub website all out of my own pocket if I was rooting against the QB and the team.

Yep pretty logical.

No you're absolutely right Go roots against Dalton (and as such the Bengals)

And I'M the one who isnt logical. Do you even realize how stupid, how absolutely stupid, that sounds?

I don't know about you but I would buy season tickets, go on multipule road trips over the years, invest in a fan rub website all out of my own pocket if I was rooting against the QB and the team.

Yep pretty logical.

IF you root against the QB to succeed (which was the basis of my question), how do you root for the team to succeed as well? 

It would basically be the equivalent of being a New Jersey Devils fan but despising Martin Brodeur. How do you root against one when its so intertwined with the other? 

IF you root against the QB to succeed (which was the basis of my question), how do you root for the team to succeed as well? 

I think there is a difference between rooting against him to have success and believing that he is the answer to us going to a superbowl, even you yourself have recognized that many have questions about his ability to do that. So why question Go who has expressed that same disbelief all along?

I will state it outright, I believe in Andy Dalton's ability to win a 1pm game, I haven't seen ANY improvment in nationally televised games (and before you ring in JBandJoeyV his one game against the Pats that he didnt outright suck, but we still lost, isnt enough data to change my opinion on this) and until I see him do (for more than one game) I will continue to hold the belief that he is not the guy to take us to the promise land. So that begs the question, does me not believing in him mean I am rooting agaisnt the Bengals? The problem here with many of you is that you absolutely believe it does.

I think there is a difference between rooting against him to have success and believing that he is the answer to us going to a superbowl, even you yourself have recognized that many have questions about his ability to do that. So why question Go who has expressed that same disbelief all along?

I will state it outright, I believe in Andy Dalton's ability to win a 1pm game, I haven't seen ANY improvment in nationally televised games (and before you ring in JBandJoeyV his one game against the Pats that he didnt outright suck, but we still lost, isnt enough data to change my opinion on this) and until I see him do (for more than one game) I will continue to hold the belief that he is not the guy to take us to the promise land. So that begs the question, does me not believing in him mean I am rooting agaisnt the Bengals? The problem here with many of you is that you absolutely believe it does.

Here's the difference:

While many of us have questioned whether he's the guy to lead this team to a Super Bowl (and rightly so), we are also willing to mention his strengths/positives. Regardless of the competition, that was a great performance put forth on Sunday. he was deservedly a laughingstock around the country after the game against Cleveland. he had the lowest passer rating of his career and nearly single-handily lost his team the game. he could have gone into the toilet after that like Matt Schaub. Instead, he played nearly flawless and had his best passer rating of his career. That's a strength of his. It should be noted in the same way his flaws are.

With Go, I don't see that give-and take. In fact, I never have. IIRC, from 2011 on I've seen mostly (if not all) negative things about the QB. That's his right, but how can you not question how such deep disdain doesn't get in the way of your allegiance to the team. Go does not merely question whether or not Dalton can lead the team to a Super Bowl. He literally puts him down at every stretch (good or bad). 

Why does Go have to mention the good? Why is that a requirement for someone he doesnt believe in?

Further why is this such a big issue for people like you when he was just as adamant about not liking TJ Housh when he was here and nobody questioned his alligence to this team then or required that he say good things about TJ. And why does it bother (not just you) so many that he doesnt? (To the point that many accuse him of trolling his own board and some left because they believed that. That to me is sad that you let the opinion of someone else drive you away.)

Here's the difference:

While many of us have questioned whether he's the guy to lead this team to a Super Bowl (and rightly so), we are also willing to mention his strengths/positives. Regardless of the competition, that was a great performance put forth on Sunday. he was deservedly a laughingstock around the country after the game against Cleveland. he had the lowest passer rating of his career and nearly single-handily lost his team the game. he could have gone into the toilet after that like Matt Schaub. Instead, he played nearly flawless and had his best passer rating of his career. That's a strength of his. It should be noted in the same way his flaws are.

With Go, I don't see that give-and take. In fact, I never have. IIRC, from 2011 on I've seen mostly (if not all) negative things about the QB. That's his right, but how can you not question how such deep disdain doesn't get in the way of your allegiance to the team. Go does not merely question whether or not Dalton can lead the team to a Super Bowl. He literally puts him down at every stretch (good or bad). 

What do you want him to do? Come on here and post "good job andy!" in order to appease fellow message board members? What's the fucking point of that?

What do you want him to do? Come on here and post "good job andy!" in order to appease fellow message board members? What's the fucking point of that?

I've said numerous times that he's well within his rights to write or say anything he wants. But what he says or writes is well within my rights to question. Dalton's had an up-an down career. But if I went strictly off of Go's posts, I would think he was Jamarcus Russell. My question was fair and valid. 

It would basically be the equivalent of being a New Jersey Devils fan but despising Martin Brodeur. How do you root against one when its so intertwined with the other? 

BECAUSE NOBODY FUCKING ROOTS AGAINST HIM!!!!  THEY JUST DONT BELIEVE HE IS THE GUY.  SO, WHEN HE PISSES DOWN HIS INNER FUCKING THIGH, ITS A TOLD YOU SO TYPE MENTALITY.  WHEN HE PLAYS WELL, ITS HARD TO RELISH MOMENT, BECAUSE THE QUESTION IS ALWAYS THERE.....WHEN WILL HE SOAK HIS FUCKING LEG AGAIN!!!!!  SIMPLE.

BECAUSE NOBODY FUCKING ROOTS AGAINST HIM!!!!  THEY JUST DONT BELIEVE HE IS THE GUY.  SO, WHEN HE PISSES DOWN HIS INNER FUCKING THIGH, ITS A TOLD YOU SO TYPE MENTALITY.  WHEN HE PLAYS WELL, TS HARD TO RELISH MOMENT, BECAUSE THE QUESTION IS ALWAYS THERE.....WHEN WILL HE SOAK HIS FUCKING LEG AGAIN!!!!!  SIMPLE.

It really boils down to who would you bet REAL money on?  Not 20 fucking dollars, I am talking real money.

I will always root for Andy to do well but if faced with betting a large sum of my own money on a Monday  Night game against another division leader (minus the Saints or Atlanta),   I probably would bet against him even if the game is at home.  

Furthermore, they are intertwined, the Bengals will not win many games(playoff games) with inconsistency at the quarterback position.  Like it or not, it wont happen.  I happen to think, although the stats are mind blowing, he played a brilliant game on Sunday.  Doesn't mean still don't have reservations moving forward.  I mean, my god, there were times last year, particularly in October, where they guy look to be heading toward elite quarterback discussions, only to take a giant shat on himself in the playoffs.  I know, there are times some others on the team don't play so well.  I get it.  He is the quarterback, he is tasked with getting things to hit on all cylinders on offense, if the defense is not playing well.  He fails often.  None more apparent than against Cleveland.  He is tasked with making some plays, when the run game is struggling due to 8 in the box, he has not done that consistently this year.  When those things happen, the quarterback is going to get questioned. 

One of the greatest poets of our time would have this to say about it

the haters are gonna hate, hate, hate.   the players are gonna play, play, play.   you've got to shake it off, shake it off, you got to shake it off, shake if off.

Are you looking to get a timeout on purpose or are you a Taylor Swift fan?   It sucks having an 11 year old daughter today.

Archived