Andy Dalton is Superman

Since I'll shit on him as much as anyone when he's awful, I also must sing his praises when he plays great. Today was pretty close to perfect and considering it came off of last wks abortion makes it that much more impressive. I still believe he is the definition of an "average" QB, he played brilliant today. Good, must needed win!

Said it in the game thread, and I'll say it again here.  Build a dome.

That would be pretty damn sad to do this due to the limitations of the QB.  Instead of spending hundreds of millions of dollars or even billion(s) of dollars on a dome, why not get a QB that isn't limited by the wind.  (THEY DON'T GROW ON THE TREES, Yes, I realize)

And I thought arm strength wasn't an issue?  Then why would the wind be an issue?  Maybe arm strength IS an issue?  :whistle: 

Not trying to put a damper on the win or the performance, just am confounded that everything else must go perfectly for Dalton to have games like these....to the point where we want to build a dome to cover his limitations.  That's insane.   Kinda puts things in perspective as well...at least for me.  

That would be pretty damn sad to do this due to the limitations of the QB.  Instead of spending hundreds of millions of dollars or even billion(s) of dollars on a dome, why not get a QB that isn't limited by the wind.  (THEY DON'T GROW ON THE TREES, Yes, I realize)

And I thought arm strength wasn't an issue?  Then why would the wind be an issue?  Maybe arm strength IS an issue?  :whistle: 

Not trying to put a damper on the win or the performance, just am confounded that everything else must go perfectly for Dalton to have games like these....to the point where we want to build a dome to cover his limitations.  That's insane.   Kinda puts things in perspective as well...at least for me.

That "everything must be perfect" is Bullshit. It's more that everyone else must not play like crap. The whole DAMN team played like shit last week, and the whole DAMN team played way better this week. I understand that some of you feel the urge to always blame Andy, but if you look around the league, QB performance is predicated on team performance, just ask Peyton and Russell about yesterday.

That "everything must be perfect" is Bullshit. It's more that everyone else must not play like crap. The whole DAMN team played like shit last week, and the whole DAMN team played way better this week. I understand that some of you feel the urge to always blame Andy, but if you look around the league, QB performance is predicated on team performance, just ask Peyton and Russell about yesterday.

Hahah......how many games have Peyton and Russell laid giant turds in?  Dalton is known as good Andy and bad Andy for a reason.  Peyton and Russell.....not known for shitting beds.  It's ok to admit it kenny.   

And you should have given the Gresham TD ball to the girl at the game....now THAT was some Bullshit, capital B.  

This is weird thread digression - I think the post about getting a dome was made in jest. Not sure why it is being addressed as if it were serious.

Lol.

To be fair to Andy Dalton, there are plenty of quarterbacks who suck in bad weather. It's not all about arm strength either...

I think the big thing is that he just hasn't gotten comfortable playing in shitty weather. What's the math here? Six weeks each year for 3 seasons practicing in cold windy conditions? It's not like he's Aaron Rodgers playing in bad conditions starting in October every year. Or Ben Roethlisberger who's been doing it all his life.

We're talking about a kid from Texas that plays in a relatively mild climate for most of the year. When the weather gets bad in the second half of the season, he's not comfortable.

In a thread last week, I suggested that during the upcoming offseason, he should stay away from Texas (and even Ohio) and go to Canada. I meant it.

The gold news is that the Bengals travel to Houston and Tampa Bay the next two weeks. That SHOULD mean more of what we saw this weekend, and the Bengals head down the stretch 8-3-1.

After that, we should all pray for a mild minter...

My prediction is that the Bengals will destroy Cleveland and sneak past Denver. The Bengals owe Cleveland an ass whoopin', and Peyton Manning hates the cold just as much as Dalton. Then that leaves two games with the Steelers and Roethlisberger, who's one of the best bad weather quarterbacks around. It's gonna be tough to beat them...

Hahah......how many games have Peyton and Russell laid giant turds in?  Dalton is known as good Andy and bad Andy for a reason.  Peyton and Russell.....not known for shitting beds.  It's ok to admit it kenny.   

And you should have given the Gresham TD ball to the girl at the game....now THAT was some Bullshit, capital B.  

I tend to remember a superbowl just last year, that one of them played poorly in, but then again, so did his TEAM.  And I think your Turban is too tight, or you believe in the stereotype that we all look alike, if you think that was me.  Now, you going for a ball, I'd have taken that shit gladly, and dared you to go get your vest!

I tend to remember a superbowl just last year, that one of them played poorly in, but then again, so did his TEAM.  And I think your Turban is too tight, or you believe in the stereotype that we all look alike, if you think that was me.  Now, you going for a ball, I'd have taken that shit gladly, and dared you to go get your vest!

I think he was commenting more about you being the grumpy old guy than "you all looking alike" obviously made in jest. Sorry man but it was a little funny. :lol:

I, for the life of me, cannot figure out why Dalton isn't able to play at (or close) to that level more often. I understand that he was basically perfect yesterday and we shouldn't expect that regularly, but juxtapose his last two weeks. How is that even possible? 

It may be a QB driven league but it's still a team game....as both games proved.

Archived