Andy Dalton is Superman

If domes helped Andy win, then how do you explain the two playoff losses to the Texans and the loss to Indy this year (mostly the same Indy team they smoked in cold weather last year)? If he has a half ass or better running game, he does well. If it's all put on him, he tends to struggle. Simple as that.

If domes helped Andy win, then how do you explain the two playoff losses to the Texans and the loss to Indy this year (mostly the same Indy team they smoked in cold weather last year)? If he has a half ass or better running game, he does well. If it's all put on him, he tends to struggle. Simple as that.

Really not a whole lot different than most NFL qb's though.Dare I say? Ben and Cam may be the only exceptions to that rule right now.

It may be a QB driven league but it's still a team game....as both games proved.

I've always defended Dalton and placed greater blame on his supporting cast and coaching staff...until the Cleveland game. The blocking wasn't good, but it wan't like the Indy game either. His receivers sucked but even I have to admit most of his throws weren't even close. 

He has game breaking vision and just enough quickness to shake a man and GO.

I'm serious. The game must slow down for him sometimes.

Completely agree. He acted like he would have no problem doing in the NFL what he did in college and he is doing the same. The dude just has incredible vision and decision making and he has the right combo of speed/power to make good use of it. He is our first complete back since Corey Dillon and he is very similar to Dillon. Gio needs to become Sproles in the offense and Hill needs to be force fed the ball.

Because I am very vocal about bad Andy, I'll be fair and comment when he does good. This is the QB play we need week in and week out. I don't think that's to much to ask. Good game ginger!!

His supporting cast also didn't lay an egg. Andy is getting way too much positive talk for yesterday and way too much blame for the 3 losses.

Denver lost a few weapons on offense and they didn't put up jack for points. The Bengals have been missing quite a few weapons for a large part of the year (Marvin Jones, Eifert, Gio, Green and some OL). Brady's numbers were very pedestrian while their OL struggled and while Gronk was out or not 100%. OL improves and Gronk comes back healthy and Brady is on a tear. Aaron Rodgers is the only QB I've seen that puts up points no matter who is in/out for his offense. Peyton made guys like Stokley and Blair White look good but Peyton always had either a Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne (future HOF and possible HOF) opposite of them and a good OL to stand behind for 5 seconds.

He thew the ball last week 10 feet over peoples heads. 

And the ones that hit 'em in the hands they dropped.

Plus the offensive line couldn't block, defense couldn't stop the run, coaches couldn't coach, and Browns defense took no chances and just intercepted the ball instead of waiting for Gresham to fumble. 

Point being, nobody thinks Dalton is good enough to carry this team especially when this team is failing in every way imaginable.

Plus the offensive line couldn't block, defense couldn't stop the run, coaches couldn't coach, and Browns defense took no chances and just intercepted the ball instead of waiting for Gresham to fumble. 

Point being, nobody thinks Dalton is good enough to carry this team especially when this team is failing in every way imaginable.

Dalton was terrible all on his own last week is the point I was making. It may be a team game but it doesn't matter what route AJ Green runs if the ball is 12 yards out of bounds. Last week was the worst I have ever seen a QB play maybe ever. Lets just be honest about that, and not put it on the team. Dalton was great this week.

Dalton was terrible all on his own last week is the point I was making. It may be a team game but it doesn't matter what route AJ Green runs if the ball is 12 yards out of bounds. Last week was the worst I have ever seen a QB play maybe ever. Lets just be honest about that, and not put it on the team. Dalton was great this week.

I've seen other QBs put up worse QB ratings than 2.0. I've seen worse but barely. I also saw 0 help from his receivers. Even when Dalton didn't overthrow he got no effort from his WRs or drops. His OL sucked. His coaches sucked and the running game got abandoned even though it was having some success and could have possibly pulled Dalton and the O from its pathetic output.

Look I am not interested in debating you on this because this is 100% the truth.

We can all shake our head at Good Andy, Bad Andy but there really is not excuse for the Jeckyl Hyde play of large segments of the team every other week.   Good teams have bad games on occasion.   They don't typically have a bunch of them in a season.

Playoffs are against the best in the league.  You simply can't have a shitty game or do stupid shit like Gresham did yesterday.  PURE luck he got that ball back and everyone knows it.  Dude even celebrated after fumbling into the endzone and LUCKILY getting the ball back for a TD.  

I will say the run defense was WAY better with Rey in there.  Hopefully he has the same effect against Houston. 

Dalton was terrible all on his own last week is the point I was making.

Yeah but the point you aren't getting is Dalton wasn't alone in being terrible.

In fact, it was hard to name a player who had played well against the Browns, right?

It may be a team game but it doesn't matter what route AJ Green runs if the ball is 12 yards out of bounds.

Why quibble? Dave Lapham said Dalton peed down his leg and AJ Green played like his head was up his ass.

Coaches challenged them both to play better against the Saints, and both responded.

Last week was the worst I have ever seen a QB play maybe ever. Lets just be honest about that, and not put it on the team.

Dalton straight up sucked against the Browns, but that's hardly justification for giving the rest of the team a pass.

In fact, Paul Brown used to joke about how nobody emerges from a clown car with their dignity intact.

Dalton was great this week.

True, but he didn't win the game by himself despite a lofty 143 QB rating.

Bengals blocked better, ran the ball better, defended the run better, defended the pass better, and coached well enough that the opposing team didn't know what was coming.

I was half kidding with the dome comment. It seems to me that if he starts off throwing inaccurately, he's done. Lack of confidence maybe? You can usually tell when the Bengals are going to be horrible based on the first few throws from Andy.

True, but he didn't win the game by himself despite a lofty 143 QB rating.

Bengals blocked better, ran the ball better, defended the run better, defended the pass better, and coached well enough that the opposing team didn't know what was coming.

He managed the game well, and made throws when he had to. That's what he needs to do every week. If the running game is shut down, or Hue forgets that you can run the ball in the NFL, we're done for.

I don't disagree with you about the importance of the running game.

Howevah...

The 2012 playoff game against the Texans doesn't count. It pains me to say it, but the Bengals had no business in the playoffs. They were completely overmatched, and it showed.

In 2013, Andy didn't have a great game and did juuuuust miss A.J. Green on a play that might have won it, but that loss was a whole lot more about the Bengals' inability to stop the run. That, and Jermaine Gresham's worst day as a pro.

The Colts game this year? Andy Dalton and everybody else just didn't show up. I don't know what part of the preparation was broken, but the team obviously wasn't ready to play - Dalton being at the top of the list.

I tend to remember a superbowl just last year, that one of them played poorly in, but then again, so did his TEAM.  And I think your Turban is too tight, or you believe in the stereotype that we all look alike, if you think that was me.  Now, you going for a ball, I'd have taken that shit gladly, and dared you to go get your vest!

:lmao: kenny went straight racist on me hahahahha....

How did you know I wear a turban though?  That's shit's scaring me....I went to CincyInDC's place in Munich Germany to watch the game this past Sunday and you know European doors and hallways being way narrow is the running joke......well, my turban didn't fit, can you imagine the embarassment?!?!?  

I had to take it off, along with my vest.

That game was the bomb though!   

His kryptonite is not 3-4 defenses...

It's not pressure in his face...

It's not prime time games...

It's not the playoffs...

It's bad weather.

Oh yeah, and if Jeremy Hill hasn't become the permanent 1a in the Bengals running back stable, something's fucked up.

the weather was horrible in the dome in houston for both of those playoff games...

and it was super bad in the colts dome....

and in MIAMI.... last year.. pretty rough....

and in cleveland last year....

and the chargers playoff game...

and the opener against the ravens in 2012...

everyone realized the saints are terrible, and are 4-6 right?

they are 23rd in the NFL...

this road trip should be an easy 3-0... none of the teams are even in the top half of the league...

and in MIAMI.... last year.. pretty rough....

and in cleveland last year....

and the chargers playoff game...

and the opener against the ravens in 2012...

everyone realized the saints are terrible, and are 4-6 right?

they are 23rd in the NFL...

this road trip should be an easy 3-0... none of the teams are even in the top half of the league...

I do have to ask this. While we all are critical of Dalton's flaws and weaknesses, as well as Marvin Lewis's, it seems we all still pull for the team to win. My question is, do you actually pull for the Bengals to win on Sundays when they play? Do you instead root for them to lose and Dalton to play poorly so that your assessments can be proven correctly? 

Point being, I can't stand Marvin Lewis. I think he's a good man but an awful head coach. I'd like the Bengals to have a new coach. Having said that, when 1:00 PM rolls around, all of that goes out of sight/out of mind. My allegiance to the Bengals makes me a Marvin Lewis believer again (if only for a few hours). Do you feel the same way or do you actively root for Dalton to play poorly, and in turn the Bengals to play poorly? Did you feel happy with what happened during the Cleveland game? Does your allegiance to Carson Palmer and Bob Bratkowski outweigh your allegiance to organization as a whole? No ill-will intended, just an honest question...

I do have to ask this. While we all are critical of Dalton's flaws and weaknesses, as well as Marvin Lewis's, it seems we all still pull for the team to win. My question is, do you actually pull for the Bengals to win on Sundays when they play? Do you instead root for them to lose and Dalton to play poorly so that your assessments can be proven correctly? 

Point being, I can't stand Marvin Lewis. I think he's a good man but an awful head coach. I'd like the Bengals to have a new coach. Having said that, when 1:00 PM rolls around, all of that goes out of sight/out of mind. My allegiance to the Bengals makes me a Marvin Lewis believer again (if only for a few hours). Do you feel the same way or do you actively root for Dalton to play poorly, and in turn the Bengals to play poorly? Did you feel happy with what happened during the Cleveland game? Does your allegiance to Carson Palmer and Bob Bratkowski outweigh your allegiance to organization as a whole? No ill-will intended, just an honest question...

Uh Oh, GoBengals pointed out some games where Dalton has played poorly. Troll! He clearly doesn't root for the Bengals to win!

Uh Oh, GoBengals pointed out some games where Dalton has played poorly. Troll! He clearly doesn't root for the Bengals to win!

Yeah, I agree.  some of the responses to his posts are just, for a lack of a better term, STUPID!  They make no sense.  As a fan, he is allowed to as well as anyone else who wants to, criticize a player when he doesn't perform.  Has absolutely nothing to do w/ wanting the Bengals as a team to fail.  Speaking of fail, what they fail to realize is, if Dalton didn't shit down his leg so frequently, there would never be any of this discussion.  But, because he does more often than many would like, the discussion never goes away.  Question:  Does anyone think there is a meltdown by the fans in Denver this week over Peyton Manning?  Ill answer that for everyone....NO!  Why?  Because Peyton Manning has EARNED the right to shit down his leg.  Dalton has not, I don't give a flying shit how many regular season games they have won w/ him at quarterback.  Its funny how he gets tons of credit for those, but when they lose, he doesn't get nearly the blame by some.  This week, the Dalton talk will subside, because he played very well.  However, if they go down to Houston and poop in their pants, and he is the main reason, the talks will start back up.....AND people have a right to do that.  Posts like the one you responded incite more bullshit on this forum than anything said about Dalton.  Its a shame that no one has realized that yet.   

Archived