3 reasons the Bengals have a chance to win it all

Cincinnati (10-5-1)

Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard: The Bengals field the best rushing duo of all 12 playoff teams. After a slow start to his rookie season, Hill plowed for 931 yards and six touchdowns in the final nine regular-season games. The shifty Bernard provides an excellent complement to the power brought by the 6-foot-1, 238 pound Hill. The pair also combined for 70 receptions out of the backfield.

More "Good Andy" than "Bad Andy": Andy Dalton is arguably the NFL's streakiest quarterback. When he's bad, Dalton is downright dreadful -- like during a Week 10 loss to Cleveland in which he posted the NFL's fifth-worst passer rating (2.0) since 1960. But when he's good, Dalton ranks among the game's best. It isn't inconceivable that a red-hot Dalton – provided he catches fire after a tough Week 17 -- could help the Bengals burn through AFC opposition.

The Bengals are due: Cincinnati has lost its opening playoff game for three straight seasons. Even more discouraging, the Bengals didn't look anything like a team that was good enough to reach the postseason during those defeats. Cincinnati head coach Marvin Lewis and his veteran players should have the ability to learn from their mistakes and be better prepared to take advantage of the opportunity at hand. The Bengals also shouldn't be daunted by having to win three straight road games to reach Super Bowl 49 since they accomplished that feat during the regular season for the first time in franchise history.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/three-reasons-every-playoff-team-has-a-shot-to-win-it-all-123114?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:nflonfox

Reason 1 - legit

Reason 2 -  legit but sways towards being more hopeful vs. reality

Reason 3 - titled wrong kinda.   They are due not because of some random stroke of luck.   They are due because this is a veteran playoff group that is often overlooked because they haven't advanced in the postseason.   What we've seen down the stretch is that leadership that translated to focus on the road and grinding out a 4th playoff birth.

The biggest flub in this article -  Secondary.    Bengals have the talent, performance, and depth to match the big name QBs.   

The biggest flub in this article -  Secondary.    Bengals have the talent, performance, and depth to match the big name QBs.   

I agree.

It's a Catch 22, though.  The reason they don't get as much notoriety is because they don't have one "shut down" type guy.  Of course, if they did, the media would hype him and not the group.

Strong, balanced secondaries, in general, tend to get overlooked.  It also doesn't help that the Bengals have dropped a dozen interceptions this year...

We just need some fucking pass rush for once. The sack totals are sad

Totals are sad thus please excuse the attempt to polish that turd

1. Bengals 5 sacks vs. Colts preseason

2. Bengals 2 sacks vs. Colts regular season with no threat from an offense

3. Bengals 2 sacks vs. Broncos and more pressure, 4 ints

I think they match up better pass rush wise vs. Colts and Broncos and not so much Stealers/Patriots.

I agree.

It's a Catch 22, though.  The reason they don't get as much notoriety is because they don't have one "shut down" type guy.  Of course, if they did, the media would hype him and not the group.

Strong, balanced secondaries, in general, tend to get overlooked.  It also doesn't help that the Bengals have dropped a dozen interceptions this year...

Bengals dropped a critical one against the Colts as well.   Probably a pick 6 and momentum swing.

Reason 1 - legit

Reason 2 -  legit but sways towards being more hopeful vs. reality

Reason 3 - titled wrong kinda.   They are due not because of some random stroke of luck.   They are due because this is a veteran playoff group that is often overlooked because they haven't advanced in the postseason.   What we've seen down the stretch is that leadership that translated to focus on the road and grinding out a 4th playoff birth.

Reason 3 - theoretical probability - mathematically everything balances out. So, the Bengals should start winning to balance out the many losses they have had in the playoffs.

The reason why they may not win is because of experimental probability. They have to win the game.

Its official...I'm fired up and can no longer curb my excitement. I'm all in and believe we can do it! If flacco can get white hot for a few wks why can't Andy?

Good Andy can get white hot, but Bad Andy cannot.

Good Andy can get white hot, but Bad Andy cannot.

I'm no fan of our QB, but he is OUR QB!! There's nothing that will change that for the imediate future so I'm not even thinking about "bad Andy"....atleast until after his 2nd pick haha

Things could break nicely for the Bengals.

Colts are someone the Bengals know they can beat.

If Ravens beat Stealers, Ravens always matchup well vs Patriots.

Meanwhile, Bengals will face playoff Manning instead of regular season Manning.  Also, Bengals know they can beat this team as well.

Rats can beat the Pats then get dispatched quickly by the Bengals in the AFCCG.

Super Bowl will be a coin toss.  If the Bengals make it there, destiny is on their side and we can all die in peace after Dalton throws 7 TDs in a rout.  The only one who could for sure stop them is a Carson Palmer led Cardinals team and that isn't happening.  

Totals are sad thus please excuse the attempt to polish that turd

1. Bengals 5 sacks vs. Colts preseason
2. Bengals 2 sacks vs. Colts regular season with no threat from an offense
3. Bengals 2 sacks vs. Broncos and more pressure, 4 ints

I think they match up better pass rush wise vs. Colts and Broncos and not so much Stealers/Patriots.

Both of their guards got hurt last week also....one was carted off to the lockerroom.

Queue the Benny Hill music for the trolls!   :)

the trolls are already here, posting bullshit like this.

Being due is a dumb reason...

How about the Bengals are better at every phase of the game sans QB....

being due isnt only a dumb reason its not a real thing. its not a law of averages, so no one is ever due. quite silly...

and it says win it all, not beat the colts, so, in no way are the bengals better at every phase sans QB than all of the AFC playoff teams... not even half actually..

none of them at QB though..

i am curious to see if the colts can stop hill. 

its a unique situation with him and his success.

1. he didnt play much early, and now teams have a few games of film on him, not only him, but our zone and pulling blocking schemes, tendencies and so on.. this stuff takes 3-4 games of film to really game plan for at all, and the colts defense matches up with us better than any other defense we face. 

2. Teams are well aware that green is 90% from the foot and 90% from the arm,  he is still a factor, but there is still a weak link in that option. so they KNOW we have to establish the run to do anything on offense. Last time they knew we had to get GIO the rock to get the offense going, they spied very successfully and tore him up REAL bad..can they stop Hill the same way? probably not, but we probably need 140 yards out of hill to win.

We are going to have to win the turnover battle, 3 turnovers in the playoffs isnt going to win anything.. unless the defense gets 4..

silly page filler article by fox sports...

Yep, sacks are way down this year.  Was it 20 total for the year?  I read somewhere yesterday the
Colts will be trotting out their 9th different offensive line combination this Sunday.  Time for the
front 4 to eat!

I read that it will actually be their 11th different O-line combination.

Archived