The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - Broncos

14 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

There's no doubt AJ Green is in the top tier of reviewers , but there's one troubling trend I've noticed. The only defensive back he's been able to beat over theses three games . Is a end of his career Revis. That's very troubling going into Miami where he's never won . Meanwhile Marvin Jones just racked up 205 yards today. Maybe Jones played more of a factor in Greens success than most here gave him credit for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Game is at home.

6 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

We get through this by beating Stealers here and rolling over philly. Than it becomes a matter of strength of wins at the end of season

We're gonna need the Rats to lose some games, right now they are 3-0 with a fairly easy Oct schedule 

You lost me here. What exactly are you saying?

By the way, the play Jones was burned on he was totally pushed off on. Jones was step for step with the receiver all he way down to about the ten yard line and all of a sudden he lost three steps on he guy. Why? Because he was shoved.

It wasn't really bad, but it was enough. 

Last season teams threw at Dre, because Jones was playing off the hook. This season teams know he's playing more subdued. That's not his style and it shows. He's always been an in your face "what you got now mother f...ker". That's been tempered and its hurt his gamesmanship. I just hope Vontaze is taking note and hanging on to some of that Taz rage

2 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

True but they arent playing anyone good for a month, so we need to beat them both times imo

I'd say your right..We certainly need to wake up..We got jobbed with calls in the Steeler game and Adam Jones was down today also on that punt return. We were right there in the game today except for the dropped INT's  mental errors cost us big time..Hopefully we play better going forward...and yes we miss Marvin Jones but I think Boyd can be very good needs a little time

Bad: 
RhodeIsland's 20 posts about Kubiak.
RhodeIsland's 20 posts about Dalton being Alex Smith. Dalton and Alex Smith both had at least 8 game winning streaks last year, so I'll take it.

Your missing the point. dink and dunk has never been this teams identity. You honestly don't see this? It's two totally different types of offenses. Dalton's throwing like his hand is still bothering him. Hey maybe that's the issue and the team is buying time until he's 100%. Just saying

15 hours ago, BengalsNYC said:

The root problem here is this organization can consistently be outcoached, outschemed, and outmaneuvered. It's not a one off, happens time and again.

We come into this week looking to emphasize the run. First drive, we pound it for a score. Then we just keep going back to it so predictably. We weren't really gashing them after the first drive. 

Would love to get Gio the ball in space. The one time we do it's a great play and easy first down but it's not a point of emphasis.  The offense feels a bit scatter brained and that's typical with a first year coordinator but Zampese has been with us long enough Where one would think we could have maintained some continuity.  

Long year, think they can still turn it around and will but rough way to start.

Great summation. I mean, Marvin is 0-7  or 0-8 or 0-inifinity against Kubiak now. It actually does happen time and time and time again. Repeatedly outcoached and outmaneuvered by the same teams/coaches. It's highly irritating and embarrassing. 

And, yes, their inability to realize that Denver won't just let them run the same plays with success all day and not have back-up plan to put in place when Denver choked the run back off was also typical of Marvin coached teams. And their insane inability to find Gio in space has now happened through three offensive coaching regimes. 

Nothing ever changes. 

1 hour ago, Hooky said:

Great: The stealers got demolished.

Bad: My fury over the zero holding calls last week was revived after seeing the refs call 5 or 6 holding penalties on the stealers yesterday and a couple of others we wouldn't have gotten.

Exactly. I laughed my ass off when all of a sudden the Stealers were being called for holds that they got away with as the officials swallowed their whistles a week earlier. Just further solidifies my view that the league refs games with narratives in mind. 

12 minutes ago, membengal said:

Exactly. I laughed my ass off when all of a sudden the Stealers were being called for holds that they got away with as the officials swallowed their whistles a week earlier. Just further solidifies my view that the league refs games with narratives in mind. 

There were at least a couple that were declined. So I'm not sure what the exact number was. What if we had those refs? It would've changed the whole game.

Archived