Will We Make the Playoffs this Year?

Will we Make the Playoffs?   

45 members have voted

1. 1. Will We make The Playoffs this year?

I know I'm getting old when I can't tell whether people are trolling or legitimately just being an overly aggressive dumbass.

Look, SF2 and I are both on record on this board saying that we wouldn't care if the team finds a new QB, just that Andy isn't the team's biggest problem. Andy has played like shit in the playoffs. Have any of us disputed that? It goes further than Andy though, he didn't lose us those games on his own. We played some super mediocre QBs in a couple of those playoff games. How is it Andy's fault that our D couldn't hold up "when it counts" as you say? Andy didn't force Gio to fumble. Andy didn't force us to not be able to stop a running back from trouncing us up the gut all game. Andy didn't force us to let TEs catch the ball any time it's thrown in their vicinity. Andy threw picks, he made bad decisions, and he generally shit the bed in most of our playoff games, but he wasn't alone.

You can talk as much of a big game as you want about your high school coaching (lol?), but you aren't some authority on Andy "sucking" just because you played guard a little bit for Shit-School-U.

When you aggressively come after people with no substance and pure insults and completely false "facts" (Andy choked against the Jets game when he was playing for TCU at the time, McCarron didn't turn the ball over in a game where he did so twice), don't be surprised when everyone thinks you're either a troll or flat out unintelligent.

1 minute ago, SF2 said:

Who are you talking to right now?  You have an imaginary friend sitting next to you?  If you are so great, why are you not coaching in the NFL or college right now?  How about you give us your real name so we can check out all of your exploits.  You probably didn't know this but OMG and I are former Astronauts.   Fred was too damn blind to go up so he ran mission control until he failed a drug test. 

Those drug tests were spiked... Trump probably got his Russian Cosmonaut buddies to take part in the collusion to disparage you heroes.

Champ Kind sounds an awful lot like Trump Jr... West Virginians are sneaky bastards.

7 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

the meatloaf must be ready

Nah, recess is over and he is back in US History class. 

BTW, I don't think we are going to make the playoffs this year just to get back on topic.  Even if we go 3-2 the next 5, the back end of our schedule does not scream 5-0 which would get us to 10-6 and possibly a wildcard.

Now just need to watch the smoke and mirrors that is the Saints defense blow up.

2 minutes ago, SF2 said:

BTW, I kinda wish we moved up and drafted Carson Wentz.  The boy looks LEGIT.

WJII looks like he could be super important to our team in the future so I'm kinda glad we didn't do that, but yeah Wentz seems to be the real deal.

This past draft though, Watson over that kid that runs real fast and isn't healthy? Yeeeeeeeep.

4 minutes ago, SF2 said:

BTW, I don't think we are going to make the playoffs this year just to get back on topic.  Even if we go 3-2 the next 5, the back end of our schedule does not scream 6-0.

Now just need to watch the smoke and mirrors that is the Saints defense blow up.

maybe... if they would just fucking get rid of Dalton...... :ninja:

seriously though.... 4-1 in these 5 and I might be able to get a little excited again.. 

Bears, Vikes, Lions and Rats... the last 4 are all winnable games.

just take care of shit Sunday and we can go from there..

We're going to end up going something like 7-9 to draft in the middle of each round and we're going to take an injured combine superstar in the first round followed by whichever offensive skillz positionz player gets in the most trouble off the field in the second.

We may decide to go with a solid 6th round center or guard but that's only if we REALLY want to address the dumb fucking o-line that doesn't sell jerseys.

18 minutes ago, Marlon23 said:

I still think we are going to make the playoffs, I just have this feeling it is not over yet, but I am hoping for a quick turnaround in the next 3 games. 

I'd like to think so, but  after watching our team laughing and joking after getting their asses whooped against the Stealers no less.... That doesn't help my confidence meter.

4 hours ago, Champ Kind said:

He hasn't won a single big game in his career! He sucks!!!!

Teams don't make the playoffs without winning big games.

2013...Dalton completes 74% of his passes (20-27) for 212 yards and rushes 6 times for 25 yards as 2-2 Bengals hand Division Champion Patriots their first loss of the season.

2013...Down 30-14 with just 5 minutes left in 3rd quarter against Division Champion Packers.  Dalton goes 9-10 for 132 yds and 2 tds to lead the Bengals to victory.

2013...Week 14 victory against the Division Champion Colts.... 24-35....275 yds...3 tds...0 int...120.5 passer rating

2014...Bengals had not won a game in over a month when they face the 5-2 Ravens (who beat the Stealers in the playoffs that year).  Dalton completes 75% of his passes (21-28) for 266 yards and rushes for 2 tds including the game winner with less than a minute remaining. Bengals come from behind in the fourth quarter for a season saving 27-24 victory.

2014...Bengals trail Division Champion Panthers 24-17 in 4th quarter.  Dalton goes 14-18 for 168 yds and a passing td plus converts 2 third downs running as the Bengals score on four straight drives.  Their fifth drive goes 62 yards to the Carolina 18, but a missed FG cost them the win.

2014...Week 16 victory over Division Champion Broncos....93.1 passer rating 2 tds, 6 carries for 25 yards

2015...Division Champion Seahawks (#2 defense in the league) have a 17 point lead in 4th quarter.  Dalton finishes the game 13-15 for 136 yards with a passing td and a rushing td to win the game in overtime.

2015...Bengals playing at Pittsburgh trail 10-6 with 5:30 left in 4th quarter.  Dalton goes 4-5 for 45 yards and caps game winning drive with a td pass to AJ Green with less than 3 minutes left.

Other notable performances in victories against playoff teams.

2012... 19-27....328 yds...3 td...132.9 rating versus Redskins

2014... 25-38....301 yds...1 td... 98.7 rating versus Ravens

2015... 17-24....321 yds...3 td...127.1 rating versus Chiefs

2016... 22-31....285 yds...1 td...110.3 rating versus Dolphins

A taIent scout from the Pissburgh Squeelers went to Syria to possibIy recruit a potentiaI pIayer. The scout watched the kid pIay one game and declded to sign him to a contract.

They immediateIy brought him back to America to pIay for the Squeels. He spent most of his first game on the bench but in the finaI quarter they were behind by fifty points and going nowhere. The coach beIieving the game was beyond them decided to put in his new recruit. The Syrian boy entered the game, singIe handedIy scored fifty one soIo points straight and won the game.

He became an instant football super star. The pIayers Ioved him, the fans Ioved him and the media Ioved him. ln the change room he was so excited about his first game he decided to caII his famiIy and teII them about it. As soon as his mom answered, he began teIIing her aII about the game, his success and his new found fame. After he was done his mother was oddIy silent.

He asked her "is everythlng okay?"

His mother repIied "No, Iet me teII you how our day as been. Your father was shot to death on the street, your brother has joined a gang of vioIent criminaIs and your sister was kidnapped and repeatedIy gang raped for hours."

Shocked and saddened the Syrian boy couldn't think of anything to say, eventuaIIy he just said "l'm sorry."

His mother repIied, "You're sorry! ls that aII you can say? This is aII your fauIt, you're the reason we moved to Pittsburgh in the first pIace.''

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

BTW, I don't think we are going to make the playoffs this year just to get back on topic.  Even if we go 3-2 the next 5, the back end of our schedule does not scream 5-0 which would get us to 10-6 and possibly a wildcard.

Look over the schedule: other than the certain Favored Franchises in the northeast, the rest of the AFC sort-of contenders is a mediocre basket. If there were ever a year, when it is conceivable the WC's could be 9-7 or worse, it is this one. 

And although it counters your worship of the Western PA Favored Franchise, even they are not without more than a few potholes in their Greatness. 

The globalist plot with the Russians and water turning frogs gay will reign down upon the perfect trilogy of the second sun shortly after the Stealers and Patriots clash in a battle of the favored franchises to determine greatness of GODdell (see, even his name is a code!!!!!) to unlock the secrets of Area 51.

Only then will the Battle of Gettysburg be truly complete in what I shall bloviate into the qualms of peace by the brethren of tomorrow.

Sincerely, the Ghost of Ship 42.

Archived