Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Numbers

The Official Bengals vs Falcons Game Day Thread...

2 minutes ago, MichaelWeston said:

Atlanta is good. We need better D obviously. This is another 6-10, to 9-7 team. Blah

=  Lawson sack.. 

Something seemingly unique about this Bengal defense, in the history of its bad defenses, is that they have the most players "in the area" - yet completely ineffectively - that I think I've ever seen.  I mean, so many plays there are like 3-4 guys there around one receiver and it gets completed anyway.  What that says to me is that perhaps the play calling isn't terrible, the players are just somehow stuck between completing plays and thinking about something they're "supposed" to do.  My guess?  The supposed "new" focus on getting turnovers.

I didn’t think he was offsides on the block. He left as the center is snapping the ball. Timed perfectly 

As much as I want to win,it doesn't matter if the freaking defense plays this way the rest of the way.

Just now, Sox said:

As much as I want to win,it doesn't matter if the freaking defense plays this way the rest of the way.

Yep.  That's why you can give yourself a break and not stress about the Bengals being competitive this year.  Enjoy individual performances, the odd win, and... hope for an awesome player in the draft?  As usual?  As always we're not going anywhere until something fundamental changes, and you might as well not stress about that either.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Boyd is having a great game

I'm impressed with how well he has been so far this year.   Hopefully Ross can step up too.   ...and be consistent.