The Good, Bad and Ugly: Ratbirds ver 2.0

5 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I think that's in reference to Yanda spitting on him while the other Ratbirds stomped him out

Yes I know, Burfict has been suspended many times so it's okay

What I find interesting is none of his teammates stood up for him. Strange. 

23 hours ago, SF2 said:

Good:  Uhhh, Ross TD catch?  Held Ravens to under 500 yards. 

Bad:  Nobody stepped up. 

Ugly: Gave up 260 yards on the ground. Core’s hands of stone. 

When watching Stefon Diggs and Tyreek Hill play, their speed is so apparent. Is it just me or does Ross look average out there?  I know he has been hampered but he does not look 4.22 seconds fast out there. 

I think this is somewhat true.  However, there is zero, i mean zero, creativity in this offense.  They refuse to try to get ross in space.  They should be looking to get him, mixon, an gio the fucking ball routinely.  They refuse to design anything with any type of creativity.  For example, if you are watching the game tonight, brandin cooks just headed to the locker room.  They are already down Kupp.  I will guarantee you their offense still fucking has people running wide open the rest of the game even if cooks remains out.  They are creativity as are the chiefs.  The Bengals not so much.  

1 minute ago, SouthPaw said:

By the way, i saw tate have a catch yesterday.  What the fuck happened to him after that?  Why doesnt he play.  What does this team have to lose?

Speaking of the devil, i just saw this after i posted. 

Auden Tate, a rookie seventh-rounder out of Florida State, hasn't been able to translate his great preseason into playing time in the regular season, and apparently his leash is short right now. The Bengals played him only one snap on the first drive of the game and then sat him for the rest of the day. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said that was because Tate didn't run his route correctly, resulting in a catch that looked short of the sticks on third down. "He didn't get the depth. ... He's short of the design of the route. And last week he dropped a ball in his one opportunity," Lewis said. "He's a young player, he's got some ability. Hopefully he'll make some plays if he continues to get an opportunity down the stretch." Lewis also implied there's no rush to get Tate playing time despite injuries to several of the pass catchers. Lewis also said: "He'll get there when he gets his opportunity ... His involvement in the offense is what it is. This is a guy who has been on the practice squad for a reason. He's been a free agent for all 32 to take a look at. You see what I'm saying? It is what it is. You're not many times going to take a guy off the practice squad and win an NFL game with them."

Just now, SouthPaw said:

Speaking of the devil, i just saw this after i posted. 

Auden Tate, a rookie seventh-rounder out of Florida State, hasn't been able to translate his great preseason into playing time in the regular season, and apparently his leash is short right now. The Bengals played him only one snap on the first drive of the game and then sat him for the rest of the day. Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said that was because Tate didn't run his route correctly, resulting in a catch that looked short of the sticks on third down. "He didn't get the depth. ... He's short of the design of the route. And last week he dropped a ball in his one opportunity," Lewis said. "He's a young player, he's got some ability. Hopefully he'll make some plays if he continues to get an opportunity down the stretch." Lewis also implied there's no rush to get Tate playing time despite injuries to several of the pass catchers. Lewis also said: "He'll get there when he gets his opportunity ... His involvement in the offense is what it is. This is a guy who has been on the practice squad for a reason. He's been a free agent for all 32 to take a look at. You see what I'm saying? It is what it is. You're not many times going to take a guy off the practice squad and win an NFL game with them."

Shut up Marvin.  Get the fuck out of here with this shit.  

20 hours ago, schotzee said:

Marvin Lewis on Lamar  Jackson. "Qb's can't run forever". Wtf cares? What does that do for us now?

So his plan is for us to wait until Lamar Jackson gets old and can't scramble well anymore? Brilliant! And Marvin will probably still be coaching for us then, so...

1 hour ago, Cat said:

So his plan is for us to wait until Lamar Jackson gets old and can't scramble well anymore? Brilliant! And Marvin will probably still be coaching for us then, so...

I caught  former Bengal receiver Tim McGee on one of the post game shows.  He was actually chuckling about Lamar Jackson and said the Bengals would have done better if they had had some tape on him and now that there is some from that game, other teams will flat out kill him.  He said the running stuff only goes so far before getting him killed once other teams are on to when and where in a game he is going to do it.  He added that Jackson is not the biggest guy in the world and be like a candle with one blow and being out.  McGee added that Jackson's throwing mechanics are bad, the side arm stuff (which he did make) and the ill advised under thrown ball so poorly thrown that even Shaun Williams caught it.

Means nothing to us and all ancient history.  

30 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

I caught  former Bengal receiver Tim McGee on one of the post game shows.  He was actually chuckling about Lamar Jackson and said the Bengals would have done better if they had had some tape on him and now that there is some from that game, other teams will flat out kill him.  He said the running stuff only goes so far before getting him killed once other teams are on to when and where in a game he is going to do it.  He added that Jackson is not the biggest guy in the world and be like a candle with one blow and being out.  McGee added that Jackson's throwing mechanics are bad, the side arm stuff (which he did make) and the ill advised under thrown ball so poorly thrown that even Shaun Williams caught it.

Yeah I'm not so sure, back in McGee's day you could tackle a QB.  Sure he will miss some games here & there but the way they are being called I think he can keep winning until he faces a team that "Does Things the Right Way" AKA gets to hit people.

12 hours ago, SF2 said:

What I find interesting is none of his teammates stood up for him. Strange. 

Yeah it is. I'd guess they're worried about getting fined/ejected too, but maybe it goes deeper, IDK.   Not much would surprise me coming out of that locker room right now.

12 hours ago, SouthPaw said:

"This is a guy who has been on the practice squad for a reason. He's been a free agent for all 32 to take a look at. You see what I'm saying? It is what it is. You're not many times going to take a guy off the practice squad and win an NFL game with them."

If anybody knows about being available to the other 31 teams and nobody else wanting him, it's Marvin.

15 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I have to agree with Clappy's overall premise there, tbh.  Auden Tate isn't going to save us.  Why not ask him about something that matters, like if Hue is the next HC.

I have to agree with this. The real issue is the totally douche bag way he said it. Could have just said the kid just got pulled up from the practice squad and needs a little more work with the starters. 

Good: Heck of a catch by Ross

Bad: Relying on Cody Core.  I don't care how good a gunner he is, he needs to be gone next season.  Good gunners are a dime a dozen. (Draft Terry McLauren from OSU, great gunner, outstanding blocker and he can actually catch.)

Ugly: Run defense.

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Good: Heck of a catch by Ross

Bad: Relying on Cody Core.  I don't care how good a gunner he is, he needs to be gone next season.  Good gunners are a dime a dozen. (Draft Terry McLauren from OSU, great gunner, outstanding blocker and he can actually catch.)

Ugly: Run defense.

At least he can gunner. They need to get rid of Ross too then. He has caused more negative than positive plays. We can get a receiver to make one catch every four games any where. 

4 minutes ago, Hooky said:

At least he can gunner. They need to get rid of Ross too then. He has caused more negative than positive plays. We can get a receiver to make one catch every four games any where. 

He showed some fight on that play that I hadn't seen from him before, that's what got me fired up.  Sure it was a TD too but that's best play I've seen him make yet.  If he gets a little bit of that Housh attitude that'd be something.

43 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I have to agree with this. The real issue is the totally douche bag way he said it. Could have just said the kid just got pulled up from the practice squad and needs a little more work with the starters. 

exactly... ole marv is a smug asshole that needs to get the fuck out of town

9 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

He showed some fight on that play that I hadn't seen from him before, that's what got me fired up.  Sure it was a TD too but that's best play I've seen him make yet.  If he gets a little bit of that Housh attitude that'd be something.

It definitely was a great play. I didn't think he was a 50/50 ball receiver and they shouldn't use him that way. They should figure out how to get him in space. More of those 50/50s to him have had less than favorable results. He won that one, but if that encourages them to use him that way and he loses more times than not, it would end up being a bad thing.

5 minutes ago, Hooky said:

It definitely was a great play. I didn't think he was a 50/50 ball receiver and they shouldn't use him that way. They should figure out how to get him in space. More of those 50/50s to him have had less than favorable results. He won that one, but if that encourages them to use him that way and he loses more times than not, it would end up being a bad thing.

Yeh not sure why they took the WR/bubble screens out of the playbook.  Suspect blocking, probably.

Archived