The Burfict Poll  

67 members have voted

1. 1. In 2019 Vontaze Burfict will be

• A Bengal
    • Retired
    • Cut
    • Traded

8 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

You can give all of your multi-level analysis from the comfort of your TV, all you wish. My eyes (and ears for that matter) say it different. Having more than a few collisions on the field myself--I know what the sound of it is. 

He was up, smiling, and getting ready to trot off the field, when Joey Porter decided to "come out and check on (his) injured player". And, as far as "going back in for the next play"...there was no "next play"--other than the game-winning FG. 

Flop, plain and simple. Doesn't matter really--any more than game-killing non-calls for the Saints matter. The league will do what the league wants, and is the main reason why for many years I have ceased to look at it as a legitimate sport.     

Just pure nonsense.  Defenseless receiver falling to the ground, ball not even close and Burfict targeted his head.   Pretending you know what a concussion looks and sounds like is kind of laughable. 

Its this type of mindset that results in CTE riddled brains like Chris Henry at the age of 26.

"Pretending"? :facepalm: Yeah, there have been a few. Your non sequitur aside, whatever "concussion" LegoHead may have had--was not known at the time. He was up, smiling, and getting ready to head off the field. You weren't there--how the fuck would you know? 

You will defend this corrupt league until the end of the earth (twelve years from now, I hear)--and after this past Sunday, that simply amazes me coming from you.  

16 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

"Pretending"? :facepalm: Yeah, there have been a few. Your non sequitur aside, whatever "concussion" LegoHead may have had--was not known at the time. He was up, smiling, and getting ready to head off the field. You weren't there--how the fuck would you know? 

You will defend this corrupt league until the end of the earth (twelve years from now, I hear)--and after this past Sunday, that simply amazes me coming from you.  

It was a shoulder to shoulder hit by Burfict. I've watched the replay many many times. AB flopped plain n simple. He did what he had to do so the Stealers could advance. It's a little "telling" that jenburger admitted to "flopping" to sell a play earlier this season.

2 hours ago, schotzee said:

It was a shoulder to shoulder hit by Burfict. I've watched the replay many many times. AB flopped plain n simple. He did what he had to do so the Stealers could advance. It's a little "telling" that jenburger admitted to "flopping" to sell a play earlier this season.

Utter fucking nonsense.  Shoulder to the head of a defenseless receiver with the ball nowhere close.  You think Brown saw Burfict coming while falling down so he quickly whipped his head around to pretend he got hit in the head?  Defending Burfict has been a fool's errand for years. 

6 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Utter fucking nonsense.  Shoulder to the head of a defenseless receiver with the ball nowhere close.  You think Brown saw Burfict coming while falling down so he quickly whipped his head around to pretend he got hit in the head?  Defending Burfict has been a fool's errand for years. 

You're video is unavailable. Google "Antonio Brown flop". There is a vid on cbs sports. Slo mo it. His shoulder or forearm hits Brown's shoulder causing Brown's head to whip. No nonsense, my eyes see it. Nowhere near his head.

2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Not going to get anywhere Schotz...the NFL is simon-pure, and there was no way their beloved Stealers would fake anything.  

The same Stealers the refs screwed out of the playoffs this year on a phantom PI call against the Saints?   The NFL isn’t pure but the Burfict hit was stupid. It’s silly to think Brown would sit out a playoff game the following week to keep up the charade.  

3 hours ago, schotzee said:

You're video is unavailable. Google "Antonio Brown flop". There is a vid on cbs sports. Slo mo it. His shoulder or forearm hits Brown's shoulder causing Brown's head to whip. No nonsense, my eyes see it. Nowhere near his head.

You just need to click the watch on youtube link.  Shoulder to the head plain as day. 

3 hours ago, SF2 said:

What am I missing?  There wasn't any targeting rule in effect then.  He clearly truned his body to try to avoid the hit.  

20 hours ago, T-Dub said:

$2M in dead money = Bengal in 2019.  

Because having a broken-down LB on the roster AND losing $2M is more acceptable than still losing $2M and not having a broken-down LB on your roster..  in Bengals FO math.  

Yeah...and really it’s worth rolling the dice to tie him to a short leash and try to see if he and his play can be renovated. 

14 minutes ago, NCStripes said:

What am I missing?  There wasn't any targeting rule in effect then.  He clearly truned his body to try to avoid the hit.  

Yeah, wasn't this the same game that earlier shitzier knocked Gio the fuck out with a helmet to helmet but the explanation was "he didn't line him up"?!

1 minute ago, schotzee said:

Yeah, wasn't this the same game that earlier shitzier knocked Gio the fuck out with a helmet to helmet but the explanation was "he didn't line him up"?!

Correct! 

And I still maintain that the penalty on Pac-Man, while sort of justifiable, should have been offset by the presence of a Steeler coach on the field. Offsetting personal fouls keeps that field goal really long.

17 minutes ago, schotzee said:

That non-call was where the game went off the tracks.  From that point on it was all retaliation and it just escalated back and forth from there.

Keep in mind the NFL set the same ref crew for the next Bengals-Steeler game.   IOW for all their fines and finger-wagging that game went exactly how they wanted it to. 

1 hour ago, NCStripes said:

Hitting a defenseless receiver without the ball was.  Hitting an offensive player downfield who doesn’t have the ball is as well.  It wasn’t a targeting penalty but it would be now. 

The hit on Gio was legal back then, isn’t now.  They finally outlawed that hit once Shazier fucked himself up.  Poetic justice. 

Also, Burfict’s hit on Ben that fucked him up would totally be illegal now but wasn’t then. There was no rule about landing on the QB back then. 

The Pac Man penalty was utter bullshit. 

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Hitting a defenseless receiver without the ball was.  Hitting an offensive player downfield who doesn’t have the ball is as well.  It wasn’t a targeting penalty but it would be now. 

The hit on Gio was legal back then, isn’t now.  They finally outlawed that hit once Shazier fucked himself up.  Poetic justice. 

Also, Burfict’s hit on Ben that fucked him up would totally be illegal now but wasn’t then. There was no rule about landing on the QB back then. 

The Pac Man penalty was utter bullshit. 

Absolutely.  That should have been on Joey Porter.

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

That non-call was where the game went off the tracks.  From that point on it was all retaliation and it just escalated back and forth from there.

Keep in mind the NFL set the same ref crew for the next Bengals-Steeler game.   IOW for all their fines and finger-wagging that game went exactly how they wanted it to. 

That's a bingo.

17 hours ago, SF2 said:

They said it wasn't a penalty because Gio already possessed the ball - but even in 2015, a helmet to helmet hit was illegal. That was the bullshit explanation at the time. 

2 hours ago, Cat said:

They said it wasn't a penalty because Gio already possessed the ball - but even in 2015, a helmet to helmet hit was illegal. That was the bullshit explanation at the time. 

I wish that were 100% true but him possessing the ball made it a judgement call.  They almost never called it for guys tackling RBs.  The refs  could have grabbed their testicles and called unnecessary roughness which would have certainly been a gray area call but I doubt anyone but Shittsburgh fans would have had a problem with it.  His intention was to hurt Gio and he succeeded.  Of course, you knew that wouldn't be the end of it.   Burfict body slamming the Rapist later on was payback.  Burfict's shot to the head on Bell was the coup de grâce.

The refs let that one get out of hand. it ruined both team's post season.  It cost us that game and the Stealers any chance of winning the following week without Bell and Bryant. Burfict took both of them out. 

6 hours ago, SF2 said:

I wish that were 100% true but him possessing the ball made it a judgement call.  They almost never called it for guys tackling RBs.  The refs  could have grabbed their testicles and called unnecessary roughness which would have certainly been a gray area call but I doubt anyone but Shittsburgh fans would have had a problem with it.  His intention was to hurt Gio and he succeeded.  Of course, you knew that wouldn't be the end of it.   Burfict body slamming the Rapist later on was payback.  Burfict's shot to the head on Bell was the coup de grâce.

The refs let that one get out of hand. it ruined both team's post season.  It cost us that game and the Stealers any chance of winning the following week without Bell and Bryant. Burfict took both of them out. 

And even with the penalties and such how could you not love that?  The refs and league aren't protecting our players, Marvin is clap-clap-clapping away.  Burfict put the Shitsburgh bench on notice, and hooooly shit. Now they won't stop whining about it until he's gone.  

Can't believe some are still arguing about the Burfict hit on Brown.  Let it go.

While they're at it Burfict should be let go as well.  When he was one of the top LBs in the league you could put up with his penalties, dirty plays, and other boneheaded issues with the hope he would smarten up.  That never happened.  Now he's slow and ineffective while still getting suspended and is a penalty magnet.  Right or wrong, he is a bad LB at this point.  Throw in that he is also the wrong kind of team leader and that should seal the deal.

On 1/24/2019 at 11:54 AM, Le Tigre said:

You can give all of your multi-level analysis from the comfort of your TV, all you wish. My eyes (and ears for that matter) say it different. Having more than a few collisions on the field myself--I know what the sound of it is. 

He was up, smiling, and getting ready to trot off the field, when Joey Porter decided to "come out and check on (his) injured player". And, as far as "going back in for the next play"...there was no "next play"--other than the game-winning FG. 

Flop, plain and simple. Doesn't matter really--any more than game-killing non-calls for the Saints matter. The league will do what the league wants, and is the main reason why for many years I have ceased to look at it as a legitimate sport.     

I suffered a concussion in pre game warm ups one season. In a simple one on one tackle drill that was supposed to be half speed, dude got me square on the chin with his helmet. Rung my bell real good. 

No one noticed and I played almost a full game until sometime in the 4th when it got so bad I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to be lining up to play D or O. 

Another super unfortunate thing about Burficts cheap shot is that the play was a incomplete pass and clearly incomplete before he touched Brown. 

20 hours ago, Catfish Bob said:

I suffered a concussion in pre game warm ups one season. In a simple one on one tackle drill that was supposed to be half speed, dude got me square on the chin with his helmet. Rung my bell real good. 

No one noticed and I played almost a full game until sometime in the 4th when it got so bad I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to be lining up to play D or O. 

Another super unfortunate thing about Burficts cheap shot is that the play was a incomplete pass and clearly incomplete before he touched Brown. 

No, it wasn't clearly if you're on the field. When you played, did you wait to see if a receiver caught the ball before you hit him? A stealer defender would not have been flagged in that situation. Guaranteed.

The witch hunt for this hit always has and always will be ridiculous.

When the ball went off AB's finger tips, Burfict was running full speed and his left foot was on the ground.  His next step with the right foot is when he hit AB with his shoulder pad.  Yes, the shoulder pad hit his facemask but AB spun around because Burfict's shoulder pad hit Brown's right shoulder pad and he was already turning that way due to CLH.

It wasn't the cheap shot it's been made out to be - he was going in to separate the receiver from the ball.  The receiver was in the air, fully upright as Burfict came in to hit him.  Expecting him to completely change course and change his target from the midsection of the receiver, where he would have hit him if he had landed on his feet, to completely miss him all in one single step while running full speed is simply beyond absurd.  It's just not possible, and he was simply thrown under the bus because of how bad it looks when played in slow motion and no explanation.  Seriously, count the number of steps Burfict takes between the ball going off of Brown's finger tips and when he hits him with his shoulder (the answer is 1).  It wasn't the premeditated cheap shot that it was made out to be by everyone with an agenda.  Did AB get knocked out and have a concussion from the hit - could be.  The way he landed, he could have been concussed from how he landed on his tailbone.

Does that change the fact that Burfict had/has a well deserved reputation - nope.  He was thrown under the bus though for that hit though and his hit was nowhere close to as dirty as Shazier's hit on Gio.  That hit on Gio was textbook helmet to helmet.

1 hour ago, BBR said:

Does that change the fact that Burfict had/has a well deserved reputation - nope.  He was thrown under the bus though for that hit though and his hit was nowhere close to as dirty as Shazier's hit on Gio.  That hit on Gio was textbook helmet to helmet.

At worst it was retaliation for the cheap shot on Gio.  That's what happens when the refs fail to protect the players, they take things into their own hands.  Beats apathetically clapping on the sideline while your RB is unconscious on the field.

Archived