Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Idc I'm still rooting for Burfict. I might even root for the Raiders a tad if AB wasnt there. Fuck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His issue is concussions, period. Once he lowers his head it’s games off  I had a Lax player who got a severe concussion wrestling.  Out of school for a month. Finally cleared to practice lacrosse, first moderate hit he took ended his season. Not allowed to wrestle or play lax for another year which ended up being forever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will play well, embed himself into the Raiders defense, sign another contract with them, and be one of the captains who first go to the center of the field at the new desert palace Opening Day 2020. 

 

While here, there will still be Nick Vigil and somebody named B.W. Webb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

He will play well, embed himself into the Raiders defense, sign another contract with them, and be one of the captains who first go to the center of the field at the new desert palace Opening Day 2020. 

 

While here, there will still be Nick Vigil and somebody named B.W. Webb. 

 

Unless they price themselves out of our market or make a Steeler sad.

 

 

Looking forward to the "Redemption of Burfict" media spotlight if he has anything close to an average season for Oakland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

He will play well, embed himself into the Raiders defense, sign another contract with them, and be one of the captains who first go to the center of the field at the new desert palace Opening Day 2020. 

 

While here, there will still be Nick Vigil and somebody named B.W. Webb. 

Or he could be suspended and/or concussed most of the season again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or none of the above...but who will get to exclaim "I told you so!" first? 

 

Yet, Nick Vigil and the nondescript B.W. Webb still remain.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Burfict won't do shit with the Raiders other than find himself in concussion protocol on a weekly basis.

He's their problem now, not ours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Or none of the above...but who will get to exclaim "I told you so!" first? 

 

Yet, Nick Vigil and the nondescript B.W. Webb still remain.  

 

IDK why you are so down on Vigil and Webb.  They are both veteran NFL players, playing professional football in the NFL for real American dollars.  They've got jerseys and everything. The Browns may be getting all the press, but we also have signed some free agents that are totally real people and not just names Hobson made up to fool us. You have to appreciate that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, oldschooler said:

 

His agressivness and border(sometimes over the) line dirty play IS his game.

He's either going to get banned from the game, get too many concussions or be just a guy.

 

 

 

 

Really, isn't he saying he's a dirty player?

I mean, no one means to hit their wife, but you have to have discipline. If I'm too soft on her, I'm not doing my job.

Those are the words of a dude who still doesn't get it.

At the end of the day, the dude is just not a pro... On any level. He was blessed with a 10 Million dollar body and cursed with a nickel brain. He can't acknowledge the rules, much less play within them. And last year he'd rather talk to guys than tackle them.

Who knows, maybe he'll straighten up for a bit in Oakland... But the real Burfict will be back at the most inopportune times, just like he was for us in 2015. 

Good riddance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Really, isn't he saying he's a dirty player?

I mean, no one means to hit their wife, but you have to have discipline. If I'm too soft on her, I'm not doing my job.

Those are the words of a dude who still doesn't get it.

At the end of the day, the dude is just not a pro... On any level. He was blessed with a 10 Million dollar body and cursed with a nickel brain. He can't acknowledge the rules, much less play within them. And last year he'd rather talk to guys than tackle them.

Who knows, maybe he'll straighten up for a bit in Oakland... But the real Burfict will be back at the most inopportune times, just like he was for us in 2015. 

Good riddance.

No, he's not saying he's a dirty player. He's saying he plays hard, not soft. It sounds like your analogy is saying that if you're not soft, you're dirty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SF2 said:

His issue is concussions, period. Once he lowers his head it’s games off  I had a Lax player who got a severe concussion wrestling.  Out of school for a month. Finally cleared to practice lacrosse, first moderate hit he took ended his season. Not allowed to wrestle or play lax for another year which ended up being forever. 

Go Panthers.

Yeah, at this point Burfict could probably get a concussion changing his mind too fast. Dude basically gave himself a concussion in every game he played whether they took him off the field or not, and that's college too. He's at what, a hundred or so over his lifetime? 

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hooky said:

No, he's not saying he's a dirty player. He's saying he plays hard, not soft. It sounds like your analogy is saying that if you're not soft, you're dirty.

No, what I'm saying is that when someone asks you if you're a dirty player and you start justifying why you play that way, you probably are a dirty player. "I just can't play patty-cake" is another way of saying "I'm there to hit dudes, hard." Which, judging by Burfict's on field antics, includes flopping, cursing, whapping guys in the nuts after the play.... And for a player who has never seemed to understand that there's a line between playing aggressively and still playing, that's a very troubling comment.

And seriously, for all of this "Burfict tough guy" nonsense... How many times did he flop? How many times did he try to be slick and draw a foul when the other guy retaliated for being whapped in the nuts? Burfict was a little bitch. A moron trying to be clever. A guy who dragged down every game he was in. Sure, Mr. Tough guy twisted an ankle after the play was over, or managed to concuss a guy who was already being tackled.

You see, if you're not a dirty player. You say "I respect the game" or some shit like that. Burfict doesn't. In fact he takes an antagonistic view of the game. It's there to limit him. From what? Dunno.

If you ask a guy why he beats his wife and he says "I don't, but the bitch just won't listen sometimes", you're talking to a wife beater. When you ask a guy if he's a dirty player and he says "I'm not, but it's my job to try and hurt people", you're talking to a dirty player.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Go Panthers.

Yeah, at this point Burfict could probably get a concussion changing his mind too fast. Dude basically gave himself a concussion in every game he played whether they took him off the field or not, and that's college too. He's at what, a hundred or so over his lifetime? 

See the source image

He is Eric Lindros of the NFL.  Lindros was 6-4 240 and enjoyed blowing guys up on the ice.  Only problem was he became a marked man and the rest of the league started targeting him.  Started getting concussions from simple hits on the boards.  Burfict in same boat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SF2 said:

He is Eric Lindros of the NFL.  Lindros was 6-4 240 and enjoyed blowing guys up on the ice.  Only problem was he became a marked man and the rest of the league started targeting him.  Started getting concussions from simple hits on the boards.  Burfict in same boat. 

You have brought up Eric multiple times now. Trying to make him out to be some goon-like character..which he never was (lifetime Flyer fan here)

 

786 career games over 13 years. Average of 107 penalty minutes per season (virtually nothing). 372 goals, 493 assists. Hart Trophy finalist multiple times. Maybe he retired early due to head shots--but don't make him out to be Tiger Williams either. Watch Crosby and Ovechkin if you want to see the "clean" dirty players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

You have brought up Eric multiple times now. Trying to make him out to be some goon-like character..which he never was (lifetime Flyer fan here)

 

786 career games over 13 years. Average of 107 penalty minutes per season (virtually nothing). 372 goals, 493 assists. Hart Trophy finalist multiple times. Maybe he retired early due to head shots--but don't make him out to be Tiger Williams either. Watch Crosby and Ovechkin if you want to see the "clean" dirty players. 

Not a goon, just a guy who was huge and fast that could physically dominate his opponents legally.  He didn't play like Gretzkey who avoided contact at all cost.  Lindros didn't shy away from contact, hell it was his ability lower his shoulder and drive a defender right to the goal that made him great,  but it eventually caught up with him as the hits started to add up, in particular, the cheap (then legal) high hits he received over the years. 

 

The reality is 98% of Burfict's tackles in the NFL were legal when he did them.  His issue was he lowered his helmet when he tackled and those hits have added up. Now they are illegal but I think it is too late for him.  Add in a Ju Juul Shuster cheap shot to the helmet and his career is looking more like Lindros' other than the Hall of Fame part. 

 

The sad part is Burfict was utterly dominate for stretches of his career and he was the MVP of that playoff game until Jeremy Fucking Hill blew it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Add in a Ju Juul Shuster cheap shot to the helmet

 

And stood over him taunting.  No ejection, no suspension..  I guess he was Doing Things the Right Way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

 

And stood over him taunting.  No ejection, no suspension..  I guess he was Doing Things the Right Way.

Suspended for 1 game and fined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Suspended for 1 game and fined. 

 

Well I'll be..   Wait, a Stealers game?  You sure Goodell didn't take away his Playstation for a week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Not a goon, just a guy who was huge and fast that could physically dominate his opponents legally.  He didn't play like Gretzkey who avoided contact at all cost.  Lindros didn't shy away from contact, hell it was his ability lower his shoulder and drive a defender right to the goal that made him great,  but it eventually caught up with him as the hits started to add up, in particular, the cheap (then legal) high hits he received over the years. 

 

The reality is 98% of Burfict's tackles in the NFL were legal when he did them.  His issue was he lowered his helmet when he tackled and those hits have added up. Now they are illegal but I think it is too late for him.  Add in a Ju Juul Shuster cheap shot to the helmet and his career is looking more like Lindros' other than the Hall of Fame part. 

 

The sad part is Burfict was utterly dominate for stretches of his career and he was the MVP of that playoff game until Jeremy Fucking Hill blew it. 

It's maddening how much of Burfict's demise and evil doer narrative can be attributed to that one Jeremy Hill fumble.  All of the demons would have been exorcised if the play of the game was his INT as opposed to everything that happened after the fumble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Dautcom08 said:

It's maddening how much of Burfict's demise and evil doer narrative can be attributed to that one Jeremy Hill fumble.  All of the demons would have been exorcised if the play of the game was his INT as opposed to everything that happened after the fumble.

That is the story of the Bengals franchise, these many events that could have dramatically changed the perception of the team:

 

The end of that Steeler playoff game

Stanley Wilson day before SB

Tim Krumrie injury

Lewis Billups almost pic

Greg Cook injury

 

Moments in time.....

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

 

Was it one of those prison phone setups with the really thick glass in between and phones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

That is the story of the Bengals franchise, these many events that could have dramatically changed the perception of the team:

 

The end of that Steeler playoff game

Stanley Wilson day before SB

Tim Krumrie injury

Lewis Billups almost pic

Greg Cook injury

 

Moments in time.....

3 out of your 5, are arguably the most over-stated and over-rated, reasons in the franchise history. Since the 3 happened at the same event, I--as one who was there live and in person--will testify:

 

Stanley Wilson:  I was at the Bengals night-before fan party. There were scores of players there, and all were having a blast--as were we. The next morning, when the news broke, there were scattered radio clips that even though it was discouraging, the team was ready to go. And, even though Stanley had a very good year--he was barely even the third relied-on back. Stanford Jennings had already done his role several times during the season, and filled it again in the SB. 

 

Tim Krumrie: This did hurt, no question. But, David Grant stepped in and played at a Krumrie-like level the entire game. He single-handedly forced SF's running game outside. Not to say Tim's loss wasn't important, but it wasn't the reason they didn't win either. 

 

Lewis Billups: This is likely the most over-stated flub. It happened at the beginning of the 4th quarter. And the SF score only tied the game. The Bengals went ahead by 3, and then pinned SF on their own 9. The lack of offense in the 4th quarter (whole game, actually) and the defense letting them go down the field on that last drive, was what cost them. Billups was a symptom, not the disease. I've always likened this blame of infamy, much the same as Bill Buckner or Steve Bartman: each gaffe (sort of) cost their team temporarily, but both teams had a Game 7 to play and win--and didn't. There was a lot of time left for the Bengals to recover from that drop, but they didn't finish the job.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

3 out of your 5, are arguably the most over-stated and over-rated, reasons in the franchise history. Since the 3 happened at the same event, I--as one who was there live and in person--will testify:

 

Stanley Wilson:  I was at the Bengals night-before fan party. There were scores of players there, and all were having a blast--as were we. The next morning, when the news broke, there were scattered radio clips that even though it was discouraging, the team was ready to go. And, even though Stanley had a very good year--he was barely even the third relied-on back. Stanford Jennings had already done his role several times during the season, and filled it again in the SB. 

 

Tim Krumrie: This did hurt, no question. But, David Grant stepped in and played at a Krumrie-like level the entire game. He single-handedly forced SF's running game outside. Not to say Tim's loss wasn't important, but it wasn't the reason they didn't win either. 

 

Lewis Billups: This is likely the most over-stated flub. It happened at the beginning of the 4th quarter. And the SF score only tied the game. The Bengals went ahead by 3, and then pinned SF on their own 9. The lack of offense in the 4th quarter (whole game, actually) and the defense letting them go down the field on that last drive, was what cost them. Billups was a symptom, not the disease. I've always likened this blame of infamy, much the same as Bill Buckner or Steve Bartman: each gaffe (sort of) cost their team temporarily, but both teams had a Game 7 to play and win--and didn't. There was a lot of time left for the Bengals to recover from that drop, but they didn't finish the job.  

Yeah, I was thinking more the Kimo hit and drafting Klingler and Akille as bigger detriments to the club considering that was before rookie pay scale.  Add in Pollacks injury and Odell becoming Roger’s first skin to the list as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Go-Bengals.com on Facebook

Go-Bengals.com on Twitter

×