If we have a Sewer Brewer award every week, why don’t we have an award for the best player every week?

7 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Lol being a troll has nothing at all to do with being a fan. He could be a 30 year season ticket holder that has never missed a game but that doesn’t change the fact that he comes to this site just to be an obnoxious troll. 

Yup

46 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Lol being a troll has nothing at all to do with being a fan. He could be a 30 year season ticket holder that has never missed a game but that doesn’t change the fact that he comes to this site just to be an obnoxious troll. 

this.

1 hour ago, spicoli said:

Makes sense.  Fans that worship Andy Dullard and Marvin Lewis are obviously more serious fans than me.

The funniest moment of message board fandom was when it was obvious that I was a Stealers fan because my avatar on the old Football Huddles site was the Bubble Bee Man from The Simpsons.  Because as a bee, his colors were black and gold.

Comical. Absolutely comical.

2 hours ago, spicoli said:

Like you a lot of times, eh.

How this thread turned into more opportunities for nonsense is just sad.

I agree with SF2 neither this or the Sewer Brewer thread should exist, that stuff can be put into the Good Bad and Ugly threads. The Sewer Brewer thread is really nothing more than a person wanting attention.

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

I agree with SF2 neither this or the Sewer Brewer thread should exist, that stuff can be put into the Good Bad and Ugly threads. The Sewer Brewer thread is really nothing more than a person wanting attention.

this.

Why couldn't there be a player of the week thread?  Anyone can start one.  I'll play.

The group of you that don't like the Brewer...grow up and learn to ignore it.  It's hilarious how every week some of you guys jump on and say "I hate this thread but..."  A lot of us like it.  You guys are like a bunch of busybodys looking at the neighbors having fun and wanting someone else to make them stop. 

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

hilarious 

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

and learn to ignore it.

I would absolutely love to. Problem is you can’t totally. Even on ignore you still have to see his bullshit every time he gets quoted and we still see the threads he starts. I just think it would be pretty fantastic if “ignore” truly meant ignore. 

6 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

And not wrong

4 hours ago, spicoli said:

I would absolutely love to. Problem is you can’t totally. Even on ignore you still have to see his bullshit every time he gets quoted and we still see the threads he starts. I just think it would be pretty fantastic if “ignore” truly meant ignore. 

Truths!!

7 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

Why couldn't there be a player of the week thread?  Anyone can start one.  I'll play.

The group of you that don't like the Brewer...grow up and learn to ignore it.  It's hilarious how every week some of you guys jump on and say "I hate this thread but..."  A lot of us like it.  You guys are like a bunch of busybodys looking at the neighbors having fun and wanting someone else to make them stop. 

I think you and he came from the same board, didn't you??  Sometimes when you're used to smelling ASS, you start to enjoy the STANK!!😂😂

I once met former Bengal OT Melvin Tuten - he was transporting a kid I represented from some facility. He said his name was Melvin Tuten, and he was the size of a house, so I figured it was the same guy. I asked him if he used to play for the Bengals. He said "please don't tell anybody." In his honor, I say we name the award the Rootin' Tuten in honor of someone who made something of his life after playing for the Bengals.

On 10/3/2021 at 11:31 AM, SF2 said:

I guess the reason for no best player award is the team hasn’t been to the playoffs in 5 years and hasn’t  won a playoff game in 30 which is 4th all time and the longest current streak. 

Most likely we move into 3rd all time after this year displacing Detroit then 2 years to catch New Orleans (1967-2000)

Also, we have a good, bad and ugly thread so most of it (to include Brewer candidates) get discussed there. 

Displacing Detroit?...

Even Detroit doesn't believe that..

2 hours ago, MaximumSam said:

I once met former Bengal OT Melvin Tuten - he was transporting a kid I represented from some facility. He said his name was Melvin Tuten, and he was the size of a house, so I figured it was the same guy. I asked him if he used to play for the Bengals. He said "please don't tell anybody." In his honor, I say we name the award the Rootin' Tuten in honor of someone who made something of his life after playing for the Bengals.

Interesting.

Did he didn't want you to tell anbody as he was worried people would make a big deal of an ex-NFL player.

Or was he ashamed that he played for a sad sack organization?

24 minutes ago, tibor75 said:

Interesting.

Did he didn't want you to tell anbody as he was worried people would make a big deal of an ex-NFL player.

Or was he ashamed that he played for a sad sack organization?

I mean I can't be for certain but have to put the odds at 95% that he didn't want the juvenile delinquents to make fun of him for being a Bengal

Archived