Chiefs Week

Just now, Jamie_B said:

Don't take LB off your list. 

I have, It just doesn't fit them. 

If they had to go with the 2nd best LB at 25 vs the top TE for instance,...they're taking the TE all day long.

4 minutes ago, spicoli said:

If they had to go with the 2nd best LB at 25 vs the top TE for instance,...they're taking the TE all day long.

Maybe the 2nd best backer is ranked higher than the top TE..

Never know..

Not like we're loaded at that position no?

20 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Maybe the 2nd best backer is ranked higher than the top TE..

Never know..

Not like we're loaded at that position no?

Long way to go still. 

That said, I'd be shocked if they took an OT or LB where they're going to be picking. I'd bet big on it actually. 

32 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Long way to go still. 

That said, I'd be shocked if they took an OT or LB where they're going to be picking. I'd bet big on it actually. 

I think your leaning TE or CB if not.

Im not up on the TE class but you've

piqued my interest..

2 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

The two places where the Bengals could get the most impact would be OLB and OL.  They suck at protecting Joe Burrow and running consistently, and covering TE's.

On the flipside they  don't have a TE 

that defensenses are worried about..

It seems to me the crops of backers are 

more pasx rushers thsn cover guys..

Is this Ossai thats injured in that catagory?

Hybred LB/DE players for versatility..

Btw..Happy New Year Lost.

The question will be if the Bengals can keep from turning over the ball. KC's defense is pretty rough, but in this 8 game win streak they've also had a 7 game streak of 2+ turnovers. They haven't produced much in the pass rush. CB's are dodgy, FS has been a weakness. Boyd and Chase should have big days.

I don't mean to imply that it's "just luck", but most coaches will tell you that if you're +2 in the turnover department, you're going to win games. Turnovers can be "forced" when you make a mistake. Even the best defender can't make a turnover happen without you not making a mistake. So, they're avoidable.

Their offense has been high powered, but we didn't punt against a much better defense last week. I expect a shootout, but Cincy brings much bigger guns. Second half of the year, Burrow has been pretty clean, and Mixon has never really been a concern in the turnover department. 

My game plan:: I want to start with hitting Mixon in the flats and Chase/Boyd on drag routes. TE's on short outs. Make them tackle in space. They haven't been good at it. Alternate with big shots when they play Cover 1, and attack the seams in the middle when they play wide.

On defense, KC has to prove to me that they can run the ball against a 7 man zone. Contain Mahomes and make him beat you 5 on 7 in the passing game. Bell and Hilton should be in Kelce's back pocket 90% of the game.

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

On the flipside they  don't have a TE 

that defensenses are worried about..

It seems to me the crops of backers are 

more pasx rushers thsn cover guys..

Is this Ossai thats injured in that catagory?

Hybred LB/DE players for versatility..

Btw..Happy New Year Lost.

Any dude can run a drag route. Tyler Boyd's play in the slot takes up that slack. We have 3 very talented WR's. I just think it's a second/third day priority.

Really, can any of this truly be addressed via the draft? Will Jackson Carman make a leap next year? We really don't know. Maybe we just need to ride or die with 5 guys to gain some cohesion. Just pointing out that what puts more point on the board is out 30th ranked O-Line, and letting TE's have big days.

Happy New Year to you as well my old friend. May the sands that have run from the hourglass of our lives at least grant us the ability to see everything more clearly.

16 hours ago, spicoli said:

Depends on the year, 2 years ago Patrick Queen was taken by Bmore at 28. 

On D our weakness is over the middle against the TEs. I'd take a LB like Queen at 28 every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Archived