Chiefs Week

21 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Oh believe me I want to win, it would basically secure the division, as I don't see the Ravens beating the Rams and if the Browns win that's the division for us. 

But I'm not ready to put us on that level yet.

I think we are a playoff team, I think we can win game(s) in the playoffs. Can we be the #2 team in the AFCC? I'm not saying no, I'm not saying yes. Yet.

If the browns win on Sunday, they are still in it regardless.

2 minutes ago, Hooky said:

If the browns win on Sunday, they are still in it regardless.

Luckily for us Baker Mayfield sucks against everyone but us. 

If they lose that means the Steelers could make it in if they beat the Rats and we lose out.

I think the Rats are done when they lose to the Rams this week,

Hopefully Lamar is back next week.

10 hours ago, stryker57 said:

actually the best part about Burrow is he clearly states he dont care if he throws 500 yards or 125 yards he just wants to win. I also see skill players that are blocking their asses off for each other .   IF the OL can hold  we can win .     doesnt matter how good their offense is IF we put drives together like last week and keep them on the bench .  i think we had the ball almost 14 minutes more then Balt. 

I would be just as concerned about KC's defense. They are playing really well right now. Way better than the rats 2nd and 3rd stringers.

5 hours ago, Hooky said:

I would be just as concerned about KC's defense. They are playing really well right now. Way better than the rats 2nd and 3rd stringers.

They had a couple of dingers Sunday--the Badger being the most serious (strained quad). No word on anyone else yet. 

Their main RB was hurt too, but he's now listed "day to day". 

Let me double check...

Oh yeah, this is the Chefs week thread.

For a minute there I thought it was the House of NFL Gucci. (liked that movie, btw)

I so hate to say or predict anything because I am some degree of superstitious.  OK... a lot

and don't want to jinx them.

I think Kansas City is ripe for the picking.

Esp if we don't revert to our tried and true proven slow start and early swiss cheese defense.

Why?

Even the best teams (and US) have let downs, look ahead (hello, KC) and play down to the level

of their opponent or underestimate them.  I think KC checks all these boxes.

As for us, let's not forget we took mighty Green Bay to the wire and they damn sure know

they were lucky to win.  So we can play with the big boys when we don't beat ourselves.

I truly believe that last Sunday we saw the real Slim Shakey Burrow stand up.

He won't throw for the third most yards in NFL history this week but the Bengals are now

very much a "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Passing Game" kind of team.

Mahones never threw for that many yards.

I also loved last week where they did something besides run Joe Mixup into a mass

of humanity, mostly his own offensive linemen, every first down.  A six yard dink to

Sample is fine with me.

A bit of creative game planning, Joe Burrow check offs and improvisation on evasions on O.

Smart D play from the linebackers and defensive backs and mauling D line.

Not impossible to go home with a W from our first cold game of the year. 

As of a few minutes ago on Ch 19 weather, high of 28 and light snow overnight into the morning.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

On the other hand The Instant Brownies (since the originals moved to Baltimore) scare me more.

Their O should do nothing but hand off to Chubby and throw short-mid sideliners to TE Hooper.

Hope for or cause a few dumb ass attacks from Baker Dingleberry who, as has been astutely

stated on here before, only plays two good games a year, both against us.

Plus Cleveland will still be in the playoff hunt.

And at home in the cold.

Beating what I consider a beatable KC (whether we do or not remains to be seen) a great shot

for a little wiggle room in the playoff hunt.  If KC loses... does not affect much of anything for them

41 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Let me double check...

Oh yeah, this is the Chefs week thread.

For a minute there I thought it was the House of NFL Gucci. (liked that movie, btw)

I so hate to say or predict anything because I am some degree of superstitious.  OK... a lot

and don't want to jinx them.

I think Kansas City is ripe for the picking.

Esp if we don't revert to our tried and true proven slow start and early swiss cheese defense.

Why?

Even the best teams (and US) have let downs, look ahead (hello, KC) and play down to the level

of their opponent or underestimate them.  I think KC checks all these boxes.

As for us, let's not forget we took mighty Green Bay to the wire and they damn sure know

they were lucky to win.  So we can play with the big boys when we don't beat ourselves.

I truly believe that last Sunday we saw the real Slim Shakey Burrow stand up.

He won't throw for the third most yards in NFL history this week but the Bengals are now

very much a "Speak Softly and Carry a Big Passing Game" kind of team.

Mahones never threw for that many yards.

I also loved last week where they did something besides run Joe Mixup into a mass

of humanity, mostly his own offensive linemen, every first down.  A six yard dink to

Sample is fine with me.

A bit of creative game planning, Joe Burrow check offs and improvisation on evasions on O.

Smart D play from the linebackers and defensive backs and mauling D line.

Not impossible to go home with a W from our first cold game of the year. 

As of a few minutes ago on Ch 19 weather, high of 28 and light snow overnight into the morning.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

On the other hand The Instant Brownies (since the originals moved to Baltimore) scare me more.

Their O should do nothing but hand off to Chubby and throw short-mid sideliners to TE Hooper.

Hope for or cause a few dumb ass attacks from Baker Dingleberry who, as has been astutely

stated on here before, only plays two good games a year, both against us.

Plus Cleveland will still be in the playoff hunt.

And at home in the cold.

Beating what I consider a beatable KC (whether we do or not remains to be seen) a great shot

for a little wiggle room in the playoff hunt.  If KC loses... does not affect much of anything for them

Helluva post Harry..

Personally I dont expect tham to lose to KC or CFT..

No sir...no way..

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

Jeff Saturday says something here that I think is going to help us getting some guys around Burrow to block for him in the offseason, Saturday being a former linemen.

Burrow has "It". "It" can't be defined but you know it when you see it.

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

Helluva post Harry..

Personally I dont expect tham to lose to KC or CFT..

No sir...no way..

++++ your attitude, optimism and enthusiasm

I so hope you are right.

Baltimore was a woeful train wreck last week

but I think they surprised even themselves.

Learned how to win.

Archived