AFC Championship Post-game thread (good/bad/ugly)

9 hours ago, SaintsFanToo said:

When they went to a 3 man rush with a spy on Mahomes I thought they were out of their minds.  

That was an absolutely ballsey move. 

They were doing the three man rush some in the first half, but playing 2 deep safeties most of the game.  The issue in the first half was how loose they were playing even with 2 deep safeties.  They seemed to tighten up that cushion in the second half and it worked quite well. 

11 hours ago, tibor75 said:

Burrow had several impressive runs today - couldn't remember any that he had against the Titans.  Was this a conscious effort on his part?  If the pressure comes, I have to try and make a play and not just eat it?

Probably didn`t hurt watching their previous game and Josh Allen killing them with runs, although he ran like a running back at times and was impressive doing it. He almost single handedly beat the Chiefs, until they didn`t. But Burrow probably took note coupled with the 9 sack memory and necessary adjustments needed to extend plays. Good to have Burrow back feeling he can run and extend plays. Noticed the improvement after maybe game 6 or 8 whenever it was but got better or more comfortable with the knee as the year went on.

If you do podcasts, grab the Mays/Tice one (I will link) and jump to the 32 minute mark for the game discussion. A few minutes after that Tice does a DEEP dive on what the Bengals did defensively in the second half. It was not as simple "dropping 8 in coverage" but how they disguised those 8 and also the communication among the LBers and DBs. It's fascinating...

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/bengals-rams-move-on-to-super-bowl-lvi-can-the-49ers/id1528622068?i=1000549487607

Archived