2022 Free Agency

2 hours ago, Mikeslumina said:

I would keep hopkins cheap for lineman provide depth  he can play guard too. . He has been through hell back with us, restructure his deal keep him. Build it right depth . If he leaves I understand. This is chump change for what burrows going to get next year. Protect your investment 

Good post i agree for depth..

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Honest question - anyone think that's a bit high for BJ Hill?

NO

there are almost no decent 3 techs in free agency and the local draft is very limited this year there too. If they lost both Hill and Ogunjobi they would have been fucked.

2 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

So far, so good. We kept BJ Hill and have added a couple of O-line upgrades. Still need a C and RT and to re-sign Uzomah and re-sign or replace Apple. 

I know most others say that we should spread the wealth around, but I would still be all-in on getting max protection for "The Franchise."'  Karras and Cappa aren't the A1 OLinemen I hoped for, but they're solid vets with experience on Super Bowl-winning teams and should definitely upgrade things.  While I certainly wouldn't be averse to the right guy at another spot at 31, but if Linderbaum or Zion Johnson are still there, they're my pick.  Karras  and even Zion's G/C versatility would give the Bengals a lot of options. 

I still want to see them add a veteran at RT as well.  I don't see them being able to adda $15-20M/yr. top end guy, but I gotta believe they can find a guy that can that can solidify the spot (either a 2nd-tier FA or by trading a mid-round/future pick or two - not necessarily Collins). I'd even think about re-upping Reiff as a hedge for a young guy.   If Tyler Smith, Abraham Lewis or Faalele are there at 63, I'd strongly consider adding them as well.

I haven't given up on our younger guys.  I still think Carman and D.Smith and have a good bit of potential and I'm fine with Hill as a backup at center.  I'm just not OK going to camp relying on them to start.  Not so sold on Adeniji, F Johnson or Prince though.  I'd probably have them concentrate mainly on at tackle in camp.

9 minutes ago, snarkster said:

I know most others say that we should spread the wealth around, but I would still be all-in on getting max protection for "The Franchise."'  Karras and Cappa aren't the A1 OLinemen I hoped for, but they're solid vets with experience on Super Bowl-winning teams and should definitely upgrade things.  While I certainly wouldn't be averse to the right guy at another spot at 31, but if Linderbaum or Zion Johnson are still there, they're my pick.  Karras  and even Zion's G/C versatility would give the Bengals a lot of options. 

I still want to see them add a veteran at RT as well.  I don't see them being able to adda $15-20M/yr. top end guy, but I gotta believe they can find a guy that can that can solidify the spot (either a 2nd-tier FA or by trading a mid-round/future pick or two - not necessarily Collins). I'd even think about re-upping Reiff as a hedge for a young guy.   If Tyler Smith, Abraham Lewis or Faalele are there at 63, I'd strongly consider adding them as well.

I haven't given up on our younger guys.  I still think Carman and D.Smith and have a good bit of potential and I'm fine with Hill as a backup at center.  I'm just not OK going to camp relying on them to start.  Not so sold on Adeniji, F Johnson or Prince though.  I'd probably have them concentrate mainly on at tackle in camp.

if they can move up to get him (he won';t b e there at 31)... A+++++ for helping this line in the offseason

Despite the Karras and Cappa adds, the BJ Hill re-signing pumps me up the most today.  Was afraid we'd lose both he and LO.  I think we can find a backup three tech later in the draft or in week two or three of FA including guys yet to be released (my fantasy would be a rejuvenated Geno, but sadly don't see it).

At TE, CJ is the first option, but if it's not to be they can probably find a and adequate 2nd tier FA and a later round pick to get by for a year and maybe be able to sign a starting CB (I'd still draft a CB as well).  At safety, I'd bargain hunt FA & the draft.  As far as an edge goes, they (and CB) are my top alternatives to OL's in the first three rounds and a they need to shoe-horn a 4th WR in somewhere.

7 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

if they can move up to get him (he won';t b e there at 31)... A+++++ for helping this line in the offseason

Of the top 10 or so OLine prospects, Linderbaum is most likely to be there at 31 after his combine showing, followed by ZJohnson (who I'd actually prefer).

27 minutes ago, membengal said:

NO

there are almost no decent 3 techs in free agency and the local draft is very limited this year there too. If they lost both Hill and Ogunjobi they would have been fucked.

I'm happy to re-sign Hill but the team had options if he went elsewhere. Everything from a jobshare by Sample and Shelvin to taking Travis Jones or Devonte Wyatt at 31. 

24 minutes ago, snarkster said:

If we get Collins or Reiff or Moses for RT, then I'd be ok with bring Spain back for LG. We could also cut Hopkins to save 6 mil and apply that to paying Bozeman. 

I'm not convinced that Karras is automatically the Bengals center.  My guess is they will bring Hopkins back and see how he looks.  Another offseason post ACL has to help.  Throw in the fact he will not be worried about the guy on his right and he may be OK.  If not, Karras is right there. 

Still need another tackle....

9 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

I'm not convinced that Karras is automatically the Bengals center.  My guess is they will bring Hopkins back and see how he looks.  Another offseason post ACL has to help.  Throw in the fact he will not be worried about the guy on his right and he may be OK.  If not, Karras is right there. 

Still need another tackle....

Reiff for a year?  Asking for a friend.

14 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

Reiff for a year?  Asking for a friend.

I dont think theyre that interested in Reiff anymore..

Collins could and should be traded for and signed to fortify RT..

10mil a year for a player this caliber

is a steal....

2 hours ago, Cat said:

Honest question - anyone think that's a bit high for BJ Hill?

They couldn't lose both Ogunjobi and Hill ... they went for the younger and more skilled player in my view and Madden ratings agrees as well ... 

yy-1

12 mill a year is probably the market rate (Bears gave Larry like 13.3) ... so 10 a year is a discount 

7 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

They couldn't lose both Ogunjobi and Hill ... they went for the younger and more skilled player in my view and Madden ratings agrees as well ... 

yy-1

12 mill a year is probably the market rate (Bears gave Larry like 13.3) ... so 10 a year is a discount 

you had me until you said madden rating. lol 

I agree though... BJ was a beast when he played last year.. 

Archived