2022 Free Agency

16 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

you had me until you said madden rating. lol 

It's just one metric. The glaring thing to me, BJ is younger 26 vs 27 ... and looking at their combine stats, Hill put up 35 reps and Larry put up 26 ... to me that strength difference shows up on the field in the 4th quarter. BJ Hill plays better as the game goes on. 

3 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

It's just one metric. The glaring thing to me, BJ is younger 26 vs 27 ... and looking at their combine stats, Hill put up 35 reps and Larry put up 26 ... to me that strength difference shows up on the field in the 4th quarter. BJ Hill plays better as the game goes on. 

I am with ya hommie, I just thought that was funny.. I fucking love BJ coming back. 

3 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

They had but 3 penalties between the two of them..

Both nasty aggressive  types

Both good in pass protecting ..

Good. They’ll fit in nicely with the least penalized team in the league last year.

3 hours ago, Jungletiger said:

Bears Rumors: Larry Ogunjobi Agrees to 3-Year, $40.5M Contract After Leaving Bengals

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10029734-bears-rumors-larry-ogunjobi-agrees-to-3-year-405m-contract-after-leaving-bengals

Good luck to him. Hate to see him go, but glad we re- signed Hill.

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I'm not convinced that Karras is automatically the Bengals center.  My guess is they will bring Hopkins back and see how he looks.  Another offseason post ACL has to help.  Throw in the fact he will not be worried about the guy on his right and he may be OK.  If not, Karras is right there. 

Still need another tackle....

You could very well be right. Trey would not also have to worry about the guy on his left—if Karras were slotted there. Didn’t realize he was NE’s starter at LG last season. 

Also—and maybe something in the genetics—he is great-nephew to one of my all-time favorites (and one mean SOB)—Alex Karras. 

1 hour ago, BlackJesus said:

tt-6

Well, that certainly thins the herd of Bengal possibilities...

No J.C. Jackson, No Laken Tomlinson, No Brandon Scherff...

So let's re-sign Uzoma (edit: too late) and Apple (with a clause saying STFU)

and see what else shakes down.

So is Gronk still interested?

4 minutes ago, Griever said:

Sad to see him go

He was a good locker room guy. I wonder what the Bengals were offering? Did they want him to take a paycut because he missed the 2020 season or something?

This is a pretty good TE draft so we should take one between rounds 2-4. 

It remains to be seen how much impact it will have losing a guy who was the emotional lifeblood of the team. I think onfield production can at least be replicated with a replacement but it sure isn't Sample. TE definitely is a need.

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

He was a good locker room guy. I wonder what the Bengals were offering? Did they want him to take a paycut because he missed the 2020 season or something?

This is a pretty good TE draft so we should take one between rounds 2-4. 

McBride from CO State and Dulcich from UCLA are in that range, but likely closer to Round 2 than 4. Another 2nd Rounder on a TE? 

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I'm not convinced that Karras is automatically the Bengals center.  My guess is they will bring Hopkins back and see how he looks.  Another offseason post ACL has to help.  Throw in the fact he will not be worried about the guy on his right and he may be OK.  If not, Karras is right there. 

Still need another tackle....

I think they keep Hopkins for now, if Lindenbaum falls to 31 I think Hopkins is gone.

Archived