Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

 

 

 

Because Boyd is a proven guy and the draft is a maybe. 

 

I'd do it if we were in rebuilding mode, but we're not, we're in lets get back to the Super Bowl and win it mode. Boyd is more of a sure thing to do that than any draft pick would be.

True. He’s Joe’s security blanket and only had one drop all year. No trade.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jungletiger said:

This came up in the AFCN talk show as well

 

 

I say bulshit to this..

First off that would apply to all good QB in the future..

 

Blackburn women are aware of his upcoming price to suit both parties..

 

Theyll make the room for his extension..

Bank it..

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

I say bulshit to this..

First off that would apply to all good QB in the future..

 

Blackburn women are aware of his upcoming price to suit both parties..

 

Theyll make the room for his extension..

Bank it..

 

 

 

When all the new revenue deals kick in the next couple of years, the salary cap could be around $260 million a year in 2024.  There will be plenty of money to pay Joe.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

 

The guy they planned to start at RG was even worse than Adeniji.  When you go into the season with your guard choices as a couple guys who have never played guard in the NFL and two guys who have and together they make $3M you are not set up to succeed. 
 

The point is the Bengals will start this season with at least two guys you know are competent at guard.  Last year they did not. 

 

 

xavier suafilo, whom they expected to be the RG, was a 74.8 pass blocking grade in 2020. which would be the data determining the choice for him starting in 2021.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 5.43.42 PM.png

 

wanna know cappas pass blocking grade last year?

 

its 72.1

 

dont get me wrong, he is obviously a better overall player, as suafilo rated poorly run blocking, thus poorly overall.

 

but dont get it twisted, Xavier, the planned starting RG last year, graded better than the pass blocking of the RG going into this year.

 

i also am not sure why you think suafilo was worse than adeniji.

 

or do you think Carmen was the planned RG to start?  because Xavier did, and got injured after week 2.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GoBengals said:

 

 

xavier suafilo, whom they expected to be the RG, was a 74.8 pass blocking grade in 2020. which would be the data determining the choice for him starting in 2021.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 5.43.42 PM.png

 

wanna know cappas pass blocking grade last year?

 

its 72.1

 

dont get me wrong, he is obviously a better overall player, as suafilo rated poorly run blocking, thus poorly overall.

 

but dont get it twisted, Xavier, the planned starting RG last year, graded better than the pass blocking of the RG going into this year.

 

i also am not sure why you think suafilo was worse than adeniji.

 

or do you think Carmen was the planned RG to start?  because Xavier did, and got injured after week 2.

 

XSF did grade a 74 in 2020 but only 290 snaps of play..

 

Im thinking Cappa hass been around 70

putting in an extra 700 snaps or so yearly..

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I say bulshit to this..

First off that would apply to all good QB in the future..

 

Blackburn women are aware of his upcoming price to suit both parties..

 

Theyll make the room for his extension..

Bank it..

 

 

 

He's referring to an ancient NFL rule that guaranteed money has to be placed in escrow in advance by the team. The Bengals don't usually guarantee money beyond the first year of a deal. If Burrow got a contract like Watson's the team would have to borrow a hundred million or more to fund the escrow account. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

 

He's referring to an ancient NFL rule that guaranteed money has to be placed in escrow in advance by the team. The Bengals don't usually guarantee money beyond the first year of a deal. If Burrow got a contract like Watson's the team would have to borrow a hundred million or more to fund the escrow account. 

I don’t claim to know anything about the Bengal’s balance sheet but my guess is Burrow and Chase (cheeks in the seats)  plus the guaranteed shared revenue in the NFL will make it easy to borrow said funds at a low rate if necessary. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

I don’t claim to know anything about the Bengal’s balance sheet but my guess is Burrow and Chase (cheeks in the seats)  plus the guaranteed shared revenue in the NFL will make it easy to borrow said funds at a low rate if necessary. 

Teams are allowed to borrow up to 50% (I believe this is the current percentage) of the value of the franchise and use it as collateral. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bengals 'Close' to Reaching Deal With Former Cowboys Offensive Tackle La'el Collins

Collins visit with the Bengals' coaches and players went well on Friday.
 

CINCINNATI — The Bengals are close to striking a deal with right tackle La'el Collins league sources tell All Bengals. 

 

The 28-year-old is in Cincinnati visiting the team. He met and spent significant time with Zac Taylor, Joe Burrow and other members of the organization on Friday. 

 

"It's close to the finish line," one source said. 

 

Bengals offensive line coach Frank Pollack coached Collins in Dallas for three seasons (2015-17). 

 

"I had a great relationship with LC. Love him to death. He definitely fits the mold of a glass-eater," Pollack said on Friday. "Watch his tape, that's clearly evident. He is nasty and he was a lot of fun to coach. So we'll see with all that stuff."

 

It's unclear if Cincinnati will sign Collins to a multi-year contract or a short-team deal, but things are moving in the right direction. 

 

The Bengals signed veteran offensive linemen Alex Cappa and Ted Karras this week. Bringing Collins into the fold would completely change the perception of a unit that has taken plenty of criticism over the past few seasons. 

 

They struggled to protect Burrow in 2021. The star quarterback was sacked 70 times in 20 games [including playoffs]. 

 

Collins could certainly help protect Burrow and fortify an offensive line that was a major weakness last season. Things are moving forward, but they aren't done. 

 

Look for the Bengals and for Collins to potentially finalize things on Saturday. He doesn't have any other visits planned as of now, which bodes well for both sides to find common ground and agree to a contract. 

 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-close-to-deal-offensive-tackle-lael-collins

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I had a great relationship with LC (La'el Collins). Love him to death. He definitely fits the mold of a glass-eater. Watch his tape, that's clearly evident. He is nasty and he was a lot of fun to coach."

- Coach Pollack

 

 

And now we wait ... and pray 

Pray GIFs | Tenor

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Bengals 'Close' to Reaching Deal With Former Cowboys Offensive Tackle La'el Collins

Collins visit with the Bengals' coaches and players went well on Friday.
 

CINCINNATI — The Bengals are close to striking a deal with right tackle La'el Collins league sources tell All Bengals. 

 

The 28-year-old is in Cincinnati visiting the team. He met and spent significant time with Zac Taylor, Joe Burrow and other members of the organization on Friday. 

 

"It's close to the finish line," one source said. 

 

Bengals offensive line coach Frank Pollack coached Collins in Dallas for three seasons (2015-17). 

 

"I had a great relationship with LC. Love him to death. He definitely fits the mold of a glass-eater," Pollack said on Friday. "Watch his tape, that's clearly evident. He is nasty and he was a lot of fun to coach. So we'll see with all that stuff."

 

It's unclear if Cincinnati will sign Collins to a multi-year contract or a short-team deal, but things are moving in the right direction. 

 

The Bengals signed veteran offensive linemen Alex Cappa and Ted Karras this week. Bringing Collins into the fold would completely change the perception of a unit that has taken plenty of criticism over the past few seasons. 

 

They struggled to protect Burrow in 2021. The star quarterback was sacked 70 times in 20 games [including playoffs]. 

 

Collins could certainly help protect Burrow and fortify an offensive line that was a major weakness last season. Things are moving forward, but they aren't done. 

 

Look for the Bengals and for Collins to potentially finalize things on Saturday. He doesn't have any other visits planned as of now, which bodes well for both sides to find common ground and agree to a contract. 

 

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/allbengals-insiders-plus/bengals-close-to-deal-offensive-tackle-lael-collins

I dint think Ive wanted a signing more than this in free agency..

Hill close though..😎

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

True. Mike Campbell on the solo I believe

Yes Mike Campbell at his best.

 

Other solo masterpieces were

Allen Clark of Skynard.. Freebird.

Clapton with While my guitar gently weeps 

Jimi with All along the Watchtower

may be the best ever.

 

Ones preferences I suppose..

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...