GAMEDAY 2: COWBOYS (9/18/22)

It's like this team lives to give the other team the most dramatic, last minute wins possible. COMPLETE ineptitude early, followed by inexplicable domination, followed by the inevitable failure to grab the brass ring. I'm honestly dumbfounded. What a drag to burn an hour and a half with disgust, then another hour and a half of hope and elation, just to get the old heart ripped out again.  I'm beyond game criticism at this point. I just hope they get their shit together so I can enjoy watching football.

22 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

The slow start bites them in the ass again.

Is that not being prepared?  Motivated?  Reading the press clippings and predictions?

IDK but they need to learn they can't just turn up for half a game and win.   If they were at all consistent they'd be 2-0.  

Calm down, everyone.

Either our last two opponents had Very Good defenders who were in a perfect place to exploit an early-season team with a new Offensive Line that had limited camp time together and that had practically no preseason snaps.... or our O-Line is complete shit.  But even if it's complete shit, I have a hard time thinking it's worse than the complete AND UTTER shit O-Line that took us to the Super Bowl last year.  They will get better, the opponents will not.  True, we're wasting games against the soft half of our schedule, but we still have four months to right this.

15-2 is still probably good enough to make the playoffs.  We control our own destiny, and even though we're playing against the Elite Joe Flackluster next week, the sky is not falling.  We are only one game out of first place.

Archived