2023 Ring Of Honor Nominees

2023 Ring of Honor Nominees (pick 2)  

31 members have voted

1. 1. 2023 Ring of Honor Nominees (pick 2)

• Jim Breech
    • James Brooks
    • Cris Collinsworth
    • Corey Dillon
    • Boomer Esiason
    • David Fulcher
    • Chad Johnson
    • Tim Krumrie
    • Dave Lapham
    • Max Montoya
    • Lemar Parrish
    • Bob Trumpy
    • Reggie Williams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/18/2023 at 03:15 AM

2 hours ago, Griever said:

I was at that game. Big A in Anaheim. Field was shit—tore up from baseball and the infield. Weird fans. 

Norman was wonderful that day. Had to be: Jim (“Chrissy”) Everett had a pretty good one himself. Was a shootout until the end. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

According to Pro Football Reference dot com, the only Bengals who were on the regular season roster for both Boomer's final season (1997) and Chad's rookie year (2001) are:

Willie Anderson

Marco Battaglia

Rich Braham

Canute Curtis

Corey Dillon

Brock Gutierrez

Jevon Langford

Tony McGee

Reinard Wilson

As the two starting offensive skill position players on that list, I'll bet McGee and Dillon would have a lot to say about playing with them - albeit with Corey's ongoing dissatisfaction the messages would likely be quite different.

For the private reception thing I mentioned earlier, I'm confident Liz will get Tony and Willie to come say a few things - and roast both Boomer and Chad quite well in the process.  I'd love to see her invite Corey too, just to see if he would be willing to play nicely and indirectly boost his case for an earlier ring invite.  His numbers and importance to the team have never been questioned, the only think holding him back has been his PR. As bitter as he has always been, Ive always thought he was sincere in his criticism - he just lacks tact.

• Like 1

So from the Bengals First 50 list a few years back so far.  It seems like the most worthy list since the below have already been elected or have the best shot to make the NFL HOF at the current moment as well.

#1 Munoz

#2 K Anderson

#4 CJ

#8 Boomer

#9 Curtis

#11 Riley

#14 W Anderson

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

I was at that game. Big A in Anaheim. Field was shit—tore up from baseball and the infield. Weird fans. 

Norman was wonderful that day. Had to be: Jim (“Chrissy”) Everett had a pretty good one himself. Was a shootout until the end. 

Forgot about Crissy lol..

On 7/21/2023 at 10:47 PM, tibor75 said:

Such a dumb comment given that Chris Evert was a winner and Jim Everett didn't win a single thing in his career.   Jim Everett was basically the Dullton of his day. 

I thought he changed his name after he got married...  Jim Everett-Lloyd

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2023 at 12:37 PM, AmishBengalFan said:

For the private reception thing I mentioned earlier, I'm confident Liz will get Tony and Willie to come say a few things - and roast both Boomer and Chad quite well in the process.  I'd love to see her invite Corey too, just to see if he would be willing to play nicely and indirectly boost his case for an earlier ring invite.  His numbers and importance to the team have never been questioned, the only think holding him back has been his PR. As bitter as he has always been, Ive always thought he was sincere in his criticism - he just lacks tact.

So I'm just a little bummed out this morning.  I just got this email back from Pumkie:

Re: Ring of Honor Legends Storytelling Event

Hi Amish!,

I hope you had a great weekend! We will not have a Ring of Honor dinner this year. With that being said, we will have the White Bengal, and Ring of Honor induction!

Who Dey!

I was really looking forward to rubbing elbows with both guys and getting something signed by Boomer (already have a Chad-signed mini helmet).  I can only conjecture that with the ceremony on a Monday night, the unlikelihood of the Bengals doing this on Sunday while the rest of the league is playing, and challenges presented by Norman and Chaderick's schedules made it impossible for them to both be available on Saturday, plus the difficulties caused by not being in Cincy on consecutive evenings - necessitating TWO trips - which would only be exacerbated by the dinner being even earlier in the week.  Most likely, Boomer's obligations to CBS on Sunday made it impossible for him to be in Cincy before Monday - making the dinner a no-go.

rGB4QwEn9D-4[1].png

Sad Amish

• Upvote 1

So.... with Willie and Isaac going in last year, and with Boomer and Chad going in this year, if the Bengals do NOT add more names to the list of nominees (like they did after the Kens went in year one) then it becomes, basically, a fait accompli that the team is planning to exhaust the current nominee list in an order determined by Season Ticket Holders.

I dislike that idea.

Because it basically becomes even more of a popularity contest. And the longer any particular initial nominee waits, the more disgruntled they may become.  Imagine if Dillon were picked in the final year, with the fans I allowing him and the media to imply that he was the least ring-worthy of the bunch.

The problem is, if they do NOT add more names then someone WILL be the final one enshrined, adding a bit of tarnish to a well-deserved honor.  This is why I think that whenever names come off the list, new names should go on.

Here's the list right now:

Jim Breech
James Brooks
Cris Collinsworth
Corey Dillon
David Fulcher
Tim Krumrie
Dave Lapham
Max Montoya
Lemar Parrish
Bob Trumpy
Reggie Williams

I believe two names should be added. Someone like Geno, Whit, AJ or Sam.

And I still think that of the two annual enshrinees ONE should be selected by the STMs and ONE should be selected by the team (after consultation with the current living enshrinees).

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, AmishBengalFan said:

So.... with Willie and Isaac going in last year, and with Boomer and Chad going in this year, if the Bengals do NOT add more names to the list of nominees (like they did after the Kens went in year one) then it becomes, basically, a fait accompli that the team is planning to exhaust the current nominee list in an order determined by Season Ticket Holders.

I dislike that idea.

Because it basically becomes even more of a popularity contest. And the longer any particular initial nominee waits, the more disgruntled they may become.  Imagine if Dillon were picked in the final year, with the fans I allowing him and the media to imply that he was the least ring-worthy of the bunch.

The problem is, if they do NOT add more names then someone WILL be the final one enshrined, adding a bit of tarnish to a well-deserved honor.  This is why I think that whenever names come off the list, new names should go on.

Here's the list right now:

Jim Breech
James Brooks
Cris Collinsworth
Corey Dillon
David Fulcher
Tim Krumrie
Dave Lapham
Max Montoya
Lemar Parrish
Bob Trumpy
Reggie Williams

I believe two names should be added. Someone like Geno, Whit, AJ or Sam.

And I still think that of the two annual enshrinees ONE should be selected by the STMs and ONE should be selected by the team (after consultation with the current living enshrinees).

The counter to your arguement is recency bias. 

I agree with your last statement though, except there should be a minimum percentage of votes to get in.  Not everyone on that list should be in the ring.

• Like 1