Random 2023 Bengals related stuff

21 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Why the Colts? I know Amish gave his reasonings as to that--but still not seeing how getting the Stealers to the rear of us isn't a good thing. 

I'd have to rereun things amd I'm not near my computer just saw a scenario that they get in and we don't 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, dex said:

Hope the flu bug isn't going around the team...

Flu, sinus infection and the Covid du jour.

I've been sick for two plus weeks.

Horrible cough in the middle of the night you can't shake and has to

run its course.

Hope it does not hit anyone on here.

1 minute ago, dex said:

Reader's injury is devastating.

Also sad to hear about Ivey. Late round pick actually looked decent.

Hopefully both can recover, although not really sure where Reader will be next season

I'd err on the side of caution with Chase, Higgins can be the alpha for a game or two.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Griever said:

Reader's injury is devastating.

Also sad to hear about Ivey. Late round pick actually looked decent.

Hopefully both can recover, although not really sure where Reader will be next season

I'd err on the side of caution with Chase, Higgins can be the alpha for a game or two.

Without Taylor-Britt and Ivey, the Bengals need to cut back on DJ Turner's special teams snaps next week. He is a small-sized rookie having to play full time outside corner, that is more than enough on his plate. Special teams should be made up primarily of non-starters. Someone needs to take Turner's special teams snaps to help keep him fresh and healthy.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

Ran the playoff machine again. I don't think we drop out tomorrow even if the Texans win.

It's not about this weekend. It's about future games. Many of these 7-6 teams have cream-puff schedules from here on out. If there's a scrum of teams with the same record as us at the end, we will lose because of tie-breakers. We have a terrible tie-breakers because the first applicable tiebreaker is division record, where we are currently at .000 but can ultimately be no better than .333, which sill still be last among any competitors.