Keeping our enemies close: 2023

^ 17 per year for Highsmith is about his worth ... but the Bengals got Hendrickson on a 4 year 60 deal (15 per) so an even better rate.

And the Squeelers are not addressing the bigger issue. Which is that their team can't score points in today's explosive NFL. They are stuck in their old school mentality that you pay top dollar for defense and win games 9-6 ... but this is not the 1990s.

You have to be able to put up 35-42 points in games to make the Super Bowl. So the better way is to spend your money on explosive playmakers and heavily draft defense for cheap (see the Bengals & Chiefs strategy). 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

So they waive a guy based on allegations after they went all-in on the sex offender QB.

Browns are completely rudderless. They're a couple of tequila shots and Van Halen on the radio away from sending it right over the cliff.

Get your popcorn ready, I'm getting a strong feeling they're going to implode as soon as they get 2-3 games under 500. That locker room is gonna be a shit show.

Imagine being a Browns fan with your one life. Nobody deserves that.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So they waive a guy based on allegations after they went all-in on the sex offender QB.

Browns are completely rudderless. They're a couple of tequila shots and Van Halen on the radio away from sending it right over the cliff.

Get your popcorn ready, I'm getting a strong feeling they're going to implode as soon as they get 2-3 games under 500. That locker room is gonna be a shit show.

Imagine being a Browns fan with your one life. Nobody deserves that.

Your mileage may vary, but I think all of the AFC North teams (including Cleveland) have had great offseasons and are threats to win the division. I've seen a number of rankings that have the AFC North as the toughest division in the NFL in 2023, with the AFC East also drawing some votes. The AFC is strong and deep, period. Philadelphia and San Fran should cruise into the NFCCG this season.

In the AFC any one of 7-8 teams could potentially make it to the conference championship game if  everything goes just right. Cincinnati has just as good as shot as any other AFC team though.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dex said:

Your mileage may vary, but I think all of the AFC North teams (including Cleveland) have had great offseasons and are threats to win the division. I've seen a number of rankings that have the AFC North as the toughest division in the NFL in 2023, with the AFC East also drawing some votes. The AFC is strong and deep, period. Philadelphia and San Fran should cruise into the NFCCG this season.

In the AFC any one of 7-8 teams could potentially make it to the conference championship game if  everything goes just right. Cincinnati has just as good as shot as any other AFC team though.

The Browns are strong favorites to win the division every off-season. Then football games happen and by October everyone in Cleveland is talking about the draft. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, T-Dub said:

The Browns are strong favorites to win the division every off-season.

Even worse. Some moron beat writers pick them to win the Super Bowl every year😵‍💫 Despite the fact that they have never even won the AFC North since it existed. 

10 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

Even worse. Some moron beat writers pick them to win the Super Bowl every year😵‍💫 Despite the fact that they have never even won the AFC North since it existed. 

Probably so they can never mention them again until next year.

"What do you mean I don't talk about the Browns? They were my SB pick!"

It's tough when the biggest move they've made in a decade was trading the entire farm for a serial rapist. Unless they're going for 0-17 or the stadium (or river) is on fire no one gives a shit about Cleveland.

This time of year, your left to taking scrubs off the scrap heap. 

The more players a team signs during this period, the weaker their overall roster is.

It's a sign of either front office panic or admission they know they can't compete as currently constructed.