Keeping our enemies close: 2023

On 6/14/2023 at 10:41 AM, Griever said:

Exactly...what happens the next time Diggs is having a bad day...

Guess we'll find out but.. Ostensibly grown men, millionaires, famous, pro athletes & their billion dollar team management playing out their workplace drama in public on social media is weird AF to me. Why do that? How does that benefit either party?

Just another example of WWE-style "sports entertainment" I suppose. The sport itself isn't exciting enough?

2 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Oh I thought that was him signalling a call to "New York" for another do-over. Did Ron Torbert get rings too?

That snarky little shit can signal until he craps pure gold. Fact of the matter is, unfortunately, he has the shiny gear in his corner so he can.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Mahomes context.....

Two days ago a video of Ja'marr was released - dunno it was shot this week or it it was from a while back.

Interviewer: "you were asked about the number one player in the NFL, with very little hesitation you said..."

Ja'marr: "Joe Burrow.  Joe Burrow, everybody knows that, yeah. He's my MVP."

Interviewer: "He said Pat."

Ja'marr: "Who said Pat?"

Interviewer: "Joe!"

Ja'marr: "Pat who?"

Friendly ribbing, and Mahomes responded in kind.  Not a fan of Kermit,  but if the tables were turned and Kelce said "Joe Who?" in the same context, Joe's response would've been appropriate.

I have no problem with this and will allow it.

Link to video

• Upvote 2

On 6/16/2023 at 7:15 AM, High School Harry said:

Karma, even delayed, is a bitch

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ray-lewis-iii-son-nfl-legend-ray-lewis-dead

Ray Lewis's son, age 28, dead of undisclosed causes.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ray-lewis-rsquo-son-ray-030247926.html

A police report  has revealed Ray III's cause of death, saying he passed away due to an accidental overdose.

Florida police said they received a call on June 14 at 5:29 p.m. about a medical emergency, per TMZ. When they responded, they discovered Ray naked and unresponsive. He was getting CPR from one friend before police administered Narcan, which treats narcotic overdoses, to no avail.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, High School Harry said:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ray-lewis-rsquo-son-ray-030247926.html

A police report  has revealed Ray III's cause of death, saying he passed away due to an accidental overdose.

Florida police said they received a call on June 14 at 5:29 p.m. about a medical emergency, per TMZ. When they responded, they discovered Ray naked and unresponsive. He was getting CPR from one friend before police administered Narcan, which treats narcotic overdoses, to no avail.

Today's drugs are way more deadly than in the past. 

Honestly, it's sad.  I can't see how anyone can take any pleasure in the death of a young man, no matter who his father was or is. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, UncleEarl said:

Honestly, it's sad.  I can't see how anyone can take any pleasure in the death of a young man, no matter who his father was or is. 

I hope this is not being interpreted as snark or taking pleasure in the tragic death of a young man.

Not intended that way no matter what a piece of shit his father was and still is. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I feel sorry for Ray losing his son.

Cant imagine the pain..

• Upvote 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/06/19/report-stefon-diggs-is-unhappy-with-his-role-in-offense-voice-in-play-calling/

Report: Stefon Diggs is unhappy with his role in offense, voice in play-calling

Posted by Mike Florio on June 19, 2023, 9:03 AM EDT

The Stefon Diggs drama in Buffalo provided plenty of entertainment and intrigue for roughly 24 hours last week, before Bills coach Sean McDermott shifted into full-blown nothing-to-see-here mode.

Of course there is plenty of see. We saw it play out on Tuesday. A truce somehow was negotiated between Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, a surely tentative middle ground that McDermott dared not disrupt by inadvertently blurting out the truth.

For most of last week, there were no reports regarding the source of Diggs’s obvious displeasure. On Sunday, Ben Volin of the Boston Globe filled the void with this nugget regarding the situation: “Diggs’s frustration is with his role in the offense and his voice in play-calling, per a league source close to the Bills’ locker room.”

The situation had been hiding in plain sight since the 17-point playoff loss to the Bengals. He gesticulated in frustration on the field late in the game. He stood before quarterback Josh Allen with arms spread and profanities likely flying. Diggs left the post-game locker room before meeting with reporters.

He skipped all of the voluntary portion of the offseason program, a fact that didn’t trouble Bills fans as much as it should have. Last week, the boiling point was quickly reached after Diggs showed up for mandatory minicamp, attended meetings with McDermott and G.M. Brandon Beane on Monday and Tuesday — and then left before the first mandatory minicamp practice started on Tuesday.

It’s still not clear whether Diggs stormed out or whether he was asked/told to leave. Diggs complained on social media about someone lying; it’s possible he left only after someone suggested that he do so.

Whatever the explanation for the mechanism of the departure, something went haywire to cause him to go. A disagreement. An argument. A confrontation. Raised voices. Something.

Volin’s report brings it back to the offense, which makes sense. Diggs got a new contract last year; it’s unlikely that his concerns are financial.

During Super Bowl week, Diggs explained in an appearance with Dan Patrick that the frustrations that became obvious during the playoff loss had been building for weeks.

The challenge now becomes fixing whatever it is that Diggs is upset about, while doing so in a way that does not disrupt the team’s broader objectives. Fortunately for the Bills, the expectations are lower than they were a year ago, when they were the preseason favorite to win the Super Bowl, a franchise carrying the crippling burden of sky-high hopes without even getting to the AFC Championship the prior year.

The Diggs dilemma increases the pressure. Although this basic reality of life in the NFL makes some folks within the organization a little antsy, it’s a basic fact that chronic failure to get the most out of one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL will eventually get ownership to consider whether others need to be responsible for getting the most out of said quarterback, before his career ends.

Chris Simms and I have discussed this point from time to time on PFT Live. Something is missing. It’s either talent or the utilization of it. So the blame for the failure to get closer to the top of the mountain goes to the front office or the coaching staff. If the Diggs situation isn’t solved and if the Bills don’t get to the divisional round (or perhaps to the AFC Championship), the only way to keep Diggs happy for 2024 could be to make major changes around Allen and his No. 1 receiver.

• Upvote 1

WR are just a different breed.  Diggs has  ranked 1st, 4th, and 5th in the league for targets since arriving in Buffalo.  For him to complain about his role or the play calling is absurd.  I think he’s just a typical hot head who can’t handle losing and it makes him a crappy teammate.  He already forced his way out of Minnesota and it’s a matter of time before he’s gone from Buffalo.  

• Upvote 3

On 6/16/2023 at 7:15 AM, High School Harry said:

Karma, even delayed, is a bitch

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ray-lewis-iii-son-nfl-legend-ray-lewis-dead

Ray Lewis's son, age 28, dead of undisclosed causes.

You’re celebrating a persons death, says a lot about you. You’re no better than Lewis, of whom you don’t know 100% if he actually murdered someone or not. You make judgements based on pieces of information, from an outside looking in perspective.  

And even if Ray Lewis did commit murder, what does his son have to do with paying back the karmic retribution? 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

WR are just a different breed.

Most are. But Chase, Tee, and Boyd are built different and also led by Joe Shiesty. They would never pull this shit with him at the helm.

But Josh Allen is basically a "Big Kid", and light on the leadership. He's like the Dad who lets the kids eat ice cream for all 3 meals each day. Whereas Burrow is the Mom who makes you eat your vegetables, but you do so because she eats them with you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IKOTA said:

You’re celebrating a persons death, says a lot about you. You’re no better than Lewis, of whom you don’t know 100% if he actually murdered someone or not. You make judgements based on pieces of information, from an outside looking in perspective.  

And even if Ray Lewis did commit murder, what does his son have to do with paying back the karmic retribution? 

A bit further down I said:

"I hope this is not being interpreted as snark or taking pleasure in the tragic death of a young man.

Not intended that way no matter what a piece of shit his father was and still is."

Did you miss that? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dolphins-wr-tyreek-hill-under-investigation-for-alleged-assault-at-miami-marina-per-reports-001749618.html

Dolphins WR Tyreek Hill under investigation for alleged assault at Miami marina, per reports

Miami Dolphins wide receiver Tyreek Hill is under investigation over an alleged assault and battery Sunday, Miami-Dade police told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

The incident was alleged to have happened at Haulover Park, a Miami beachfront area. The city's WPLG news station first reported a tip from a viewer who claimed Hill had a “disagreement” with a charter company employee at Haulover Marina and hit him.

Police reportedly visited the marina on Monday.

The Dolphins confirmed they were aware of the allegations and declined further comment in a statement to ESPN:

"We are aware of the situation and have been in contact with Tyreek, his representatives and the NFL," the Dolphins said in the statement. "We will reserve further comment at this time."

Hill is entering his second season with the Dolphins after a blockbuster trade with the Kansas City Chiefs landed him in Miami last offseason. He was as advertised and more in his first season catching passes from Tua Tagavailoa, earning first-team All-Pro honors after posting a career-high 119 catches and 1,710 receiving yards on 170 targets with seven touchdowns.

Hill joined the Dolphins with some incidents in his past, however.

A 2014 domestic assault conviction in which he pleaded guilty to punching and choking his then-20-year-old pregnant girlfriend clouded his profile as he entered the NFL. In 2019, he was suspended from team activities and investigated by child services after the release of a recorded conversation in which he told his fiancée she and his child should be afraid of him, while his fiancée claimed the child had said "Daddy punches me."

The matter involving his child led to no criminal charges or discipline from the NFL.

***** Suspension alert??

On 6/19/2023 at 9:06 AM, IKOTA said:

I agree it has nothing to do with his kid but Lewis Sr. did plea to obstruction and had the victim's blood on his clothes. So, by his own admission, he was at least protecting the murderer and in close proximity when it happened. We may not know the details but it's not entirely conjecture. He was personally involved in a double homicide. He admitted to it and served time for it. That's facts.

Conjecture would be me saying that if he wasn't a HoF linebacker he'd likely still be serving time for it.

21 hours ago, T-Dub said:

I agree it has nothing to do with his kid but Lewis Sr. did plea to obstruction and had the victim's blood on his clothes. So, by his own admission, he was at least protecting the murderer and in close proximity when it happened. We may not know the details but it's not entirely conjecture. He was personally involved in a double homicide. He admitted to it and served time for it. That's facts.

Conjecture would be me saying that if he wasn't a HoF linebacker he'd likely still be serving time for it.

Once again, I was not celebrating the young man's death and resent the Hell out of even the implication that I was.  Or am.

My rather uninformed and generalized definition/view of Karma

is some sort of cosmic pay back for a misdeed or crime or harm caused by

someone.

In this case, getting away or off light probably, as you said, Mr Dub, and I agree with

"Conjecture would be me saying that if he wasn't a HoF linebacker he'd likely still be serving time for it."

IMHO and my original intention of the post was The Karmic pay back to Ray Lewis for getting off light for stabbing some guy to death for the

crime of stepping on Ray's shoes was the early and tragic passing of Ray Jr esp the way it happened.

Nothing negative about Ray Jr.  Nor the suffering for Sr and the rest of the family.

Karma is not only a Bitch, but a cruel one.

Lewis Sr's name was commonly "Killer Ray" on the board and I doubt if the original borderline troll noob was ever at a Bengals home game vs

the Ravens when cries of "murderer" would be heard from the stands.

So, IMHO, Killer Ray's Karmic payback was not "fair" (it never is) but the proverbial bitch.

And Karma is only "Instant" to John Lennon who made a million bucks off the song.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Once again, I was not celebrating the young man's death and resent the Hell out of even the implication that I was.  Or am.

My rather uninformed and generalized definition/view of Karma

is some sort of cosmic pay back for a misdeed or crime or harm caused by

someone.

In this case, getting away or off light probably, as you said, Mr Dub, and I agree with

"Conjecture would be me saying that if he wasn't a HoF linebacker he'd likely still be serving time for it."

IMHO and my original intention of the post was The Karmic pay back to Ray Lewis for getting off light for stabbing some guy to death for the

crime of stepping on Ray's shoes was the early and tragic passing of Ray Jr esp the way it happened.

Nothing negative about Ray Jr.  Nor the suffering for Sr and the rest of the family.

Karma is not only a Bitch, but a cruel one.

Lewis Sr's name was commonly "Killer Ray" on the board and I doubt if the original borderline troll noob was ever at a Bengals home game vs

the Ravens when cries of "murderer" would be heard from the stands.

So, IMHO, Killer Ray's Karmic payback was not "fair" (it never is) but the proverbial bitch.

And Karma is only "Instant" to John Lennon who made a million bucks off the song.

I didn't really take it that way, no worries. My understanding of karma though is that it's more like the vibe we give off,  so more like "reap what you sow" than divine retribution. 

Personally I've seen far too many awful people go right on enjoying being awful while other good people suffer to believe in any sort of cosmic balance. Anyone expecting a reward for being a good person is going to be very disappointed.

• Upvote 5