Keeping our enemies close: 2023

39 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

They're both still in playoff runs.

Isn't that to get goal?

I wish there was a sarcasm font. 

CFT working with their practice squad and XFL QB’s. DEN with their washed up QB. 

Fans think only teams with non-injured QB’s need to concern themselves with playoffs. The rest ( like CIN) only need to talk about the draft. 

For that matter, BUF is now 6-6–WITH its Superman QB. Their fans should also talk about the draft. 

Looking at the Bengals, they are still in a playoff run. If CFT and DEN haven’t given up, why should they? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

I wish there was a sarcasm font. 

CFT working with their practice squad and XFL QB’s. DEN with their washed up QB. 

Fans think only teams with non-injured QB’s need to concern themselves with playoffs. The rest ( like CIN) only need to talk about the draft. 

Looking at the Bengals, they are still in a playoff run. If CFT and DEN haven’t given up, why should they? 

Wilson seems motivated and it shows.

Denver's defense solid.

Longshot yeah..

Cleveland has the best defense in the league to keep them in games.

Their Oline is still very good.

Longshot yeah..

Sometimes that's the ingredients you need to get to the dance in certain years.

Do you honestly believe Browning will take them anywhere?

He's a PS QB for a reason.

For plain interest in the team I would rather watch AJ from here on 

• Upvote 1

Who gives a crap who is at QB? I thought this defense was upper level quality? I have been told the offense has more weapons than  very few others. What about genius defensive coordinators/offensive minds? If the CFT can compete …if the Denver freaking Broncos can compete—all without that essential “franchise QB”…shouldn’t the Bengals? 

Oh yeah—that shit offensive line. It’s all that. Well, if that is true… then St Joseph still was at 5-5 before today. Where were those weapons and genius minds before? 

And, as I mentioned, BUF is at 6-6 WITH their Superman QB. I don’t think they are worrying about the draft just yet. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Who gives a crap who is at QB? I thought this defense was upper level quality? I have been told the offense has more weapons than  very few others. What about genius defensive coordinators/offensive minds? If the CFT can compete …if the Denver freaking Broncos can compete—all without that essential “franchise QB”…shouldn’t the Bengals? 

Oh yeah—that shit offensive line. It’s all that. Well, if that is true… then St Joseph still was at 5-5 before today. Where were those weapons and genius minds before? 

And, as I mentioned, BUF is at 6-6 WITH their Superman QB. I don’t think they are worrying about the draft just yet. 

Allright then..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Find me another team in the NFL that’s solution for backup QB is a  guy who has thrown 1 pass in a real game in the last 59 months.  Joe Burrow was playing TCU in the Fiesta Bowl 59 months ago.  That was his FIRST year at LSU. 

It is why the Bengals had little choice but to play an injured Burrow early in the season.  

And yeah, when you have a QB that can put up 400 total yards of offense (Allen), in a rain storm, on the road, against arguably the best team in the NFL, and put up 34 points you still have a chance at 6-6.   

Our schedule doesn’t allow for an inexperienced journeyman who has ZERO game experience to carry it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SF2 said:

Find me another team in the NFL that’s solution for backup QB is a  guy who has thrown 1 pass in a real game in the last 59 months.  Joe Burrow was playing TCU in the Fiesta Bowl 59 months ago.  That was his FIRST year at LSU. 

It is why the Bengals had little choice but to play an injured Burrow early in the season.  

And yeah, when you have a QB that can put up 400 total yards of offense (Allen), in a rain storm, on the road, against arguably the best team in the NFL, and put up 34 points you still have a chance at 6-6.   

Our schedule doesn’t allow for an inexperienced journeyman who has ZERO game experience to carry it.  

This schedule turned into a rough one.

No excuses though.

JB is the light that dimmed due to injury.

Light can't be lit until he returns next year ..

(You know it).

Katy will spend hours under candlelight  trying to protect him better..

Hard task.

She's up to it.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, SF2 said:

Again…that is the “QB only” argument. 

If the CFT, DEN…heck let’s throw in the #4 Seed ATL and the (now) #5 Seed Stealers while we are at it…can be in the thick of things with XFL QB’s, washed out veterans, Desmond Ritter, and Kenny Freaking Pickett, why are the Bengals—with all of the vaunted weapons/minds not? 

It’s not the same era as Billy Kilmer, for certain; but not that insanely so. 

Where are the weapons? Defense? Minds? I was under the impression that this was such an uber-talented franchise, that it could cruise to Las Vegas regardless. 

29 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Again…that is the “QB only” argument. 

If the CFT, DEN…heck let’s throw in the #4 Seed ATL and the (now) #5 Seed Stealers while we are at it…can be in the thick of things with XFL QB’s, washed out veterans, Desmond Ritter, and Kenny Freaking Pickett, why are the Bengals—with all of the vaunted weapons/minds not? 

It’s not the same era as Billy Kilmer, for certain; but not that insanely so. 

Where are the weapons? Defense? Minds? I was under the impression that this was such an uber-talented franchise, that it could cruise to Las Vegas regardless. 

Because Ritter and Pickett are much better QBs than an undrafted QB who hasn’t played in 5 years.  And stop with the Russell Wilson is washed up nonsense, it simply isn’t true.  He had the worst coach in the NFL last year. 

The Browns won 5 of their 7 games with Watson at QB and the #1 defense.  Our defense isn’t anywhere close to as good as theirs and nobody ever claimed it was. 

And Atlanta has a losing record, they just happen to lead the worst division in football.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SF2 said:

Because Ritter and Pickett are much better QBs than an undrafted QB who hasn’t played in 5 years.  And stop with the Russell Wilson is washed up nonsense, it simply isn’t true.  He had the worst coach in the NFL last year. 

The Browns won 5 of their 7 games with Watson at QB and the #1 defense.  Our defense isn’t anywhere close to as good as theirs and nobody ever claimed it was. 

And Atlanta has a losing record, they just happen to lead the worst division in football.  

Great—you made my point…although still sticking to a “QB only” argument. It is the sum of the parts which makes the machine go. Although…

”Mister we could use a man like Billy Kilmer again…”

Good takes, my friend. 

1 hour ago, Cricket said:

Is she? 

Has she not been working on this very same task for the last three years?  

19 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

True...

Pumpkie:wub: and the Pumpkinettes:wub::wub: have been busy with the Game Day Experiences.

Game highlight yesterday was she the game clocks went out and they had to shut down the whole

ring to reset them.  Was good for about 5+ minutes without the ridiculous GET LOUD prompts.

Also gave TE Friedmouth a much needed break and the rest of the team time to practice their daps 

and have cheese danish on the sidelines.

On the Bengals sideline, Jonah Williams worked on the blocking sled and missed.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, SF2 said:

Exactly. I was advocating for picking up Nathan Rourke  because he had least has CFL starting experience (where you have to know how to avoid the rush!) and he has a similar mentality to JB.