Bengals Training Camp and Pre-season Thread -News and Obs - 2023

4 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That's got to be a nice change after trying to track the wounded ducks the backup QBs have been flinging out there.

It was only 7-on-7 work today, but Geoff Hobson said not a single ball Burrow threw hit the ground. After being out over one month, he walks back in and completes every pass in the drill. I also think the receivers are more tuned in practice when #9 is the QB throwing the ball. They don't want to be the first one to let the ball hit the turf in a 7-on-7.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

He totally looks like a young Robert Shaw (actor, Quint from Jaws)

“You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour.”

100% one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, spicoli said:

“You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks there were, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour.”

100% one of the greatest scenes in cinematic history. 

Not to mention the classic scene ending with Roy Scheider “You are going to need a bigger boat”

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

Plus Burrow's not really even "returning" yet, as he won't get any contact. 

They are being smart and easing him back into different things slowly. There's still 10 days until he needs to be 100%. 

I won't be pleased until Joe and Tee are 100% signed to new contracts.

:contract:

• Upvote 1

For the national media pivot from concern trolling with "OMG BURROW IS GONNA MISS REGULAR SEASON TIME" to concern trolling with "OMG ARE THEY RUSHING HIM BACK TOO SOON" really is the highest of comedy.

Clear from any rational observer that the Bengals were never gonna rush Burrow back in camp and that this was the likeliest return to practicing all along. I would guess if this were the regular season he would have been back a few weeks ago but they quite properly took their time to make sure he is 100% ready since there was no rush.

TL/DR - the national football media sucks so hard.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, membengal said:

For the national media pivot from concern trolling with "OMG BURROW IS GONNA MISS REGULAR SEASON TIME" to concern trolling with "OMG ARE THEY RUSHING HIM BACK TOO SOON" really is the highest of comedy.

Clear from any rational observer that the Bengals were never gonna rush Burrow back in camp and that this was the likeliest return to practicing all along. I would guess if this were the regular season he would have been back a few weeks ago but they quite properly took their time to make sure he is 100% ready since there was no rush.

TL/DR - the national football media sucks so hard.

With the national media outlets...it isn't even about the Sport itself or GAMES anymore. It's all about injecting as much DRAMA as they possibly can. Hilarious 

• Upvote 1